Quantcast

Good deal for those looking for a mini-dv

ummbikes

Don't mess with the Santas
Apr 16, 2002
Napavine, Warshington
Target (I in no way work for, own stock in, or in any way am affiliated with them) is closing out the canon zr80 video cameras for $179.99.

If you happen to buy the floor model, like I did, they knock another 30% off.

So I bought one for $120.

Which is a SCREAMING damn deal! :thumb: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

So if you are thinking you need a mini-DV camera this might be worth looking into.

luken8r

Monkey
Mar 5, 2004
Melrose MA
i had a canon zr65 2 years ago and i thought it sucked. it didnt pick up sounds outside very well and unless you were in some bright light (outside durning the day) the video sucked. anything else, inside, cloudy outside, etc, the vid pics were quite blurry. i would definatley not buy a canon camera again.

ummbikes

Don't mess with the Santas
Apr 16, 2002
Napavine, Warshington
luken8r said:
i had a canon zr65 2 years ago and i thought it sucked. it didnt pick up sounds outside very well and unless you were in some bright light (outside durning the day) the video sucked. anything else, inside, cloudy outside, etc, the vid pics were quite blurry. i would definatley not buy a canon camera again.

Then this would not be a good deal for you! :thumb:

I shot quite a bit last nite, inside with poor lighting and it was fine. I have used a few 3 CCD cameras and they do much better, but for $120 I'm extremely impressed. I have yet to edit down yet, I have my doubts about the audio quality, but for the most part I add a seperate audio track for the 4x4 videos I make for my club, and the family videos audio can suck a bit, they are just for me.

I would have loved to spent $3000 on a GL2 but alas I would be homeless if I did.

Basicly, these cheap min-DV cameras are toys, and as such I don't ask them to perform like a pro-sumer level camera.

luken8r

Monkey
Mar 5, 2004
Melrose MA
maybe they improved from the 65 to 85, but the videos that i took on my wedding/ensuing cruise would cause me never to buy another canon video cam. but...for 120 bones, i guess you cant go wrong