Quantcast

Good easy to use Frame building program

mtbpaint1

Monkey
Apr 25, 2005
University of Connecticut
im getting a Hardtail frame welded for me i got all the geo and the goods just i was wondering if there's a program i can get (cough limewire cough) that will let me give the guy a view of what im looking for, you know what im sayin? help me out

im computer challenged so something that is easy to use would be nice

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
mtbpaint1 said:
im getting a Hardtail frame welded for me i got all the geo and the goods just i was wondering if there's a program i can get (cough limewire cough) that will let me give the guy a view of what im looking for, you know what im sayin? help me out

Where did you get the tubing and who is doing the welding? Someone in CT??

recidivist

Monkey
Aug 29, 2002
Soquel, Cali
Yeah, I'd start with the on-line version of BikeCAD. Your choices are either bike-specific CAD tools (BikeCAD pro, etc) which will let you type in ST, TT, angles, etc or learn a full-on CAD package.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
first off, CAD is a generic term for a drawing program. Some of them are very cheap and very easy to learn. A simple 2d cad package will give you enough tools to sketch frame geo.

My first choice for ease of learning would be cadkey. You could be drawing frames after a good 2 hour tutorial.

Second, there are lots of things to think about when designing a frame. Things like toe overlap, tire clearance, and bend clearances.
All of these factors limit what numbers you can pick.

mtbpaint1

Monkey
Apr 25, 2005
University of Connecticut
thanks for the great help i think bikeforest will do it for me,

The welder yes is here in CT he's very very popular people come from all around the world for his work he welds evverything, luckily my family is good friends with him so he's helping me out. He's in Stafford Springs

riderx

Monkey
Aug 14, 2001
Fredrock
mtbpaint1 said:

If the guy building your frame doesn't know how to do that, you are going to be in trouble...

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
mtbpaint1 said:
thanks for the great help i think bikeforest will do it for me,

The welder yes is here in CT he's very very popular people come from all around the world for his work he welds evverything, luckily my family is good friends with him so he's helping me out. He's in Stafford Springs
And he's done bike frames before??

PM me with more information on where you got the tubes etc. etc.

Thanks!