Quantcast

~~ Good F'in Morning ~~

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Stosh is f'in late (again), so let's get on with this...

How is everyone today?

I had a decent night. Dropped my truck off at the dealer for some regular maintenance, weedwhacked about 200 f'in square feet of 4' tall brush (field) around the front of my house so our mason could start laying brick today. Because of how f'in hot/humid it has been lately, I decided to move the bulk of my home theater to the basement where it is nice and cool. The basement is unfinished, so it's not exactly pretty down there, but it works. And we are finally using the projector, screen and leather sectional we bought almost a year ago for this purpose. I love it down there... can't wait to get the sound dialed in.

Not much on the docket for today. Probably spend a lot of time waiting till 4:00 (quitting time). Have to get my laptop looked at today as well - it's not powering up at all. Not sure if it's the cord, power supply, or what. Hopefully it won't be anything major.

What's everyone else up to today?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Good morning.

Made the decision to buy a new computer last night. I can't afford to not have a backup from my laptop and I no longer trust my desktop, it's just too old and has had too many failures. So, it'll be nice to actually have a decent desktop but it's going to suck to lay out the money :dead:

Going to a sports awards thing tonight... Did I mention that my girlfriend's brother's baseball team won the state championships on Saturday? I had fun rafting, but wished I could have seen the game as well - supposedly it was pretty good!

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I broke out the mower last night with the intention of getting everything done.

But the back yard was literally a foot deep in places. :mad:

I have to borrow a buddy's power mower today to finish it up.

Damn grass.

And they say we live in a semi-arid area.

Semi-arid my a$$.

Damn rain.

J

JRB

Good f'n morning. I am fine today. I think I will leave early and head to Austin for a mojo ride.

J

JRB

SkaredShtles said:
I broke out the mower last night with the intention of getting everything done.

But the back yard was literally a foot deep in places. :mad:

I have to borrow a buddy's power mower today to finish it up.

Damn grass.

Semi-arid my a$$.

Damn rain.
Shaddup - I thought you lived in the Garden of Eden. Aren't you ever happy??? :nuts:

J

JRB

SkaredShtles said:
Hey - why don't you leave *really* early and come up to CO for a ride? :thumb:
I would love to. I am thinking about a long weekend in early September.

Peteydag

Monkey
Sep 19, 2004
the FC
good night last night, sooo hot so just chilled in the pool the whole after noon into night, then had some sick grilled chicken on my brand new perfect stainless steeeeel ducane grill, its sooo nice, and cooks like none other. sucks now though cuz im stilll in school, it seems liek everyone is out but me(even my liek 11 year old sister) is anyone else still in school??? but almost out and summer=riding in CO so im psyched

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
stosh said:
Dude, I'm f'ing busy!!!

there's a first

did a short road ride, hit the bike path & I was surprised there were others exercising (biking, running, jogging, r-blading, crewing) in this humidity

J

JRB

SkaredShtles said:
Speaking of gardens - my tomatoes are 5 feet tall and have golf ball sized fruit already. :thumb:
Now that's the skrdshthed we all know. :thumb:

Andyman_1970

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2003
The Natural State
SkaredShtles said:
I mowed last night, and it's been so long since we've had any decent rain there are places in the yard when I've got the mower running I'm fully engulfed in a nice brown cloud.... :(

I thought AR is suppose to not be semi-arid.......... :confused:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
Andyman_1970 said:
I mowed last night, and it's been so long since we've had any decent rain there are places in the yard when I've got the mower running I'm fully engulfed in a nice brown cloud.... :(

I thought AR is suppose to not be semi-arid.......... :confused:
Goddam. So *you* got our nice dry weather?? :mad:

Give it back. :p

Andyman_1970

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2003
The Natural State
SkaredShtles said:
Goddam. So *you* got our nice dry weather?? :mad:

Give it back. :p
I guess so. It's great for the trails (from what I've heard :( ) but hard on the ol lawn..........my water bill is giong to be through the roof this month if we don't get some decent rain.

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
SkaredShtles said:
Speaking of gardens - my tomatoes are 5 feet tall and have golf ball sized fruit already. :thumb:
Damn, where do you live? Here in NY the tomatoes are thriving as well - they look like it's July 14. not June 14, but no fruit yet.

It's so hot & steamy, I should be growing pineapples.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
Mackie said:
Damn, where do you live? Here in NY the tomatoes are thriving as well - they look like it's July 14. not June 14, but no fruit yet.

It's so hot & steamy, I should be growing pineapples.
Colorado. It's semi-arid here. :mad: Or supposedly so.

I cheat, though - I have a sunroom. :D

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
Andyman_1970 said:
I guess so. It's great for the trails (from what I've heard :( ) but hard on the ol lawn..........my water bill is giong to be through the roof this month if we don't get some decent rain.
We're pretty lucky - even with all the rain, the trails stay in decent shape. Usually 24 hours of dry weather an we're back in business. :thumb:

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
good mornin all,
slow day yesterday.. i didnt even go out for a ride. i did however manage to get my heckler all tuned up for this weekend.
I never got to go through my camping stuff though. I wound up falling asleep on the couch,waiting for my wife to get home from work. we had some yummy jumbolaya for dinner, damn that was good!!!!!!
anyways Im still feeling tired from the weekend so i figured Id just take it easy all week until thursday, to make sure im fresh for MBW.... hopefully my achilles feels better.
later! :blah:

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
morning all. Pitched tent yesterday for MBW, and started putting everything together this weekend. Made sure I got some feathers and shaving cream for when stosh falls asleep at MBW.

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
'mornin. first nice day to ride to work in the past 2 weeks. :mad: Some little birdie had the suicide look in his eyes and went for it through my spokes at 28 mph :eek: :( I don't think he felt a thing. Should be a pretty slow day at work today.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning. Didn't do much yesterday. In fact, I did nothing. Ever have a day where you just can't seem to get motivated? That was me... Today, I gotta drive up to my parents and mow their lawn and I'm hoping to get out on a bike. (today is day 6 without riding, unless you count DH'ing ;) ). Have a good day all.

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
My night was great. I had an amazing date and couldn't be happier! I had a quesadila(sp?) for dinner and it was pretty good also. I think I went to sleep around 3 A.M. I watched "The Longest Yard" last night and it was pretty damn funny. This morning I'm going to lay in bed because I told my boss I had a doctors appointment today but it is at 2 so I played hooky today.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Sup yall. No ride yesterday, gonna do a road ride after work today, then FINALLY tomorrow this heatwave is supposed to be over. WOOT.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
Nothing like having to manage the construction of a $3mil building to get you moving in the morning.....
3 million down by you... so, is that still made of cardboard walls, or for that money do you get into the nice drywalled buildings?

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
I Are Baboon said:
Yes. Yesterday. So instead of riding or going to the gym, I spent three hours entertaining the dog.
You spent 3 hours entertaining the dog, or you spent 3 hours being entertained by the dog?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning! F'n work! No AC at my school = :dead: Oh well...only 2 more weeks left!

Went for a nice little group ride last night in the heat & humidity. Supposed to hit the club ride tonight before our bike club meeting, but I think I will be skipping to work on my bike....it's got lots of creaks and I am having some brake issues.

Got a couple of big storms last night so that was cool...other than that nothing much else is going on.

Countdown to MTBWeekend: 2 days!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
3 million down by you... so, is that still made of cardboard walls, or for that money do you get into the nice drywalled buildings?
it's a metal building so it's just ABOUT cardboard.....

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
jacksonpt said:
You spent 3 hours entertaining the dog, or you spent 3 hours being entertained by the dog?
We entertained each other. Walks, pee breaks, dinner, treats, introducing her to a kiddie pool, watching some baseball, etc. :)

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
I Are Baboon said:
We entertained each other. Walks, pee breaks, dinner, treats, introducing her to a kiddie pool, watching some baseball, etc. :)
It's good that she lets you stop to pee - not all dogs are that patient.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Hi everyone!!!

Hope your morning is going great. Gonna be a hot one today---95 degrees and about 90% humidity. Whew!!! Muy caliente.

Went to look for groomsmen outfits for our wedding last night. The wedding is on a boat, so the attire for the evening is really casual--we found some sweet silk shirts with real subtle martini glasses and palm trees on them that are gonna work perfect. Couple that with some sandals and white shorts, and you have a total Love Boat theme going on. It's gonna be a blast!!

Haven't decided if I'm going to brave the heat today for a ride, or not. We rode Sunday for several hours in it, and I've been wiped out since then. I think I just need to suck it up, and go ride.

MtnBikerNJ

Monkey
Mar 5, 2003
jerrrrrsey
jacksonpt said:
...I decided to move the bulk of my home theater to the basement where it is nice and cool. The basement is unfinished, so it's not exactly pretty down there, but it works. And we are finally using the projector, screen and leather sectional we bought almost a year ago for this purpose. I love it down there... can't wait to get the sound dialed in.
JacksonI didn't know you were a home theater buff... what kind of projector? speakers? etc...

Not much going on today, work is f'in slow. But I don't care because I'm going to Italy this weekend!

As for later today, I'm just painting the nursury... I'm going to attempt a mural. This should be interesting!