Quantcast

***Good f'ing Tues***

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Morning monkies. Happy F'ing Tues. There's nothing f'ed up about my Tues. because I took the day off :thumb: Time to buzz by the LBS to get my roadbike fitted so everything doesn't hurt post-ride and then to the trailhead for some singletrack fun! Have a great day everyone.

sneakysnake

Monkey
Apr 2, 2006
NC
Morning everybody,

Right now I'm amazingly sore, and I am definately not looking foward to a 2 hr hill workout in an hour. Oh well

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
So I ordered me a new wheel from the LBS last night. Sun Mammoth rim with an XT hub. Now I'm on the lookout for a new road saddle. The road forum monkeys have been most helpful.

No MTB tonight on account of a late meeting. :rolleyes:

These five day work weeks are killer. Fortunately, I have four short weeks in a row after this one.

bluebug32 said:
Morning Babs....how are ya?
Fine, thanks. Yourself? :D

We need a permanent GMT backup.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Man, I wish I could take a f'ing day off during the week........boss makes it pretty f'ing clear that's a big :nope:

Not a lot going on. I've taken a "break" from jump-digging until I can get the yellowjacket problem taken care of out there. I've been stung over a dozen times this summer and it's getting out of hand. I'm heading out there today with spray and about a gallon of gasoline to get righteous on those muthas!!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Good F'n morning!!! Let's see since my last GMT post (Friday AM). We had an epic ride before Deck Party on Saturday (ride report with pics will be up soon, I promise). Then on Sunday, there were stunts, more food & beers and a little bit of rest. Monday it was off to Diablo with Isa, Tigg, Sq-Earl, Powernapper (Don), Johnny Ru & Narlus. Isa, Tigg, JohnnyRu and I had to bail early to get home on time, but Narlus, Powernapper & Sq-Earl all ripped it up and there are some great ride pics posted here:http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=163337

Today, I am at school for a little while teaching some lessons and re-arranging my classroom. Then I am off to play with Sydney for the rest of the day!

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
good morning :monkey:s

day 17 of livin' la vida brokencollarbone'a ... f'n sucks balls IMO.
can't get any quality sleep, work blows, whine whine, btch moan and groan.

Have a most excellent day everyone!!!

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
I Are Baboon said:
Fine, thanks. Yourself? :D

We need a permanent GMT backup.
Doing well. I was really in need of a break. I think I'm going to take some more this month, considering everyone's on vacation. Saving my major vacation this year for Nov. makes surviving the summer difficult!

As for the GMT, any suggestions? You can have it if you want. Unless you'd like to mud wrestle for it ;) Bring it!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
since i was absent from yesterday's GMT, i'll fill some highlights.

- tended to the kids on sat as my wife had a raging hangover from going w/ some neighbors on fri night :ouch:
- did a leisurely 27 mile spin on the IF; i dig that bike.
- did my first trail ride w/ Miles, which was awesome :thumb: hit some fairly flat doubletrack w/ slight inclines/descents peppered in, and mud puddles too. he had a blast, even w/ the rigid bike/20" wheels bouncing him around when he rode over rocks.
- met up w/ some :monkey: for a good day @ Diablo. fun stuff.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Awesome weekend!! Epic Spier Falls ride on Sat. w/ Instigator, Treesaw, Sq-Earl, Echo, Isa, Sorgie, Tweek, Jim Mac (& wife Maureen) and then drunken shinanagins Sat. night at Deck Party. I used Sunday to lounge around the in-law's pool and recover while the gang rode stunts at Treesaw's place. And then of course there was Diablo on Sunday! :thumb:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Got today off. I going to ride the road bike in about an hour. I got some new wheels, shifters, and rear derailluer. I love new parts.....

Alfred

Monkey
Jul 27, 2006
jdschall said:
How about a sock full of quarters? Not as messy and you can buy a soda after.
Do not hire Silent Bob to clock him on his head piece to knock his ass out cold.

cadmus

Monkey
May 24, 2006
PNW
Morning all,
Went for a short ride last night, felt like Landis the day before his "heroic" ride.... I had nothing the whole way up and even coming down just wasn't feeling it. Ended up cutting the climb short and only riding for about an hour. Maybe tonight will be better!?!

We've got a trail crew from IMBA coming this Thursday - Sunday, second year in a row and should be pretty cool.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
TreeSaw said:
Good F'n morning!!! Let's see since my last GMT post (Friday AM). We had an epic ride before Deck Party on Saturday (ride report with pics will be up soon, I promise). Then on Sunday, there were stunts, more food & beers and a little bit of rest. Monday it was off to Diablo with Isa, Tigg, Sq-Earl, Powernapper (Don), Johnny Ru & Narlus. Isa, Tigg, JohnnyRu and I had to bail early to get home on time, but Narlus, Powernapper & Sq-Earl all ripped it up and there are some great ride pics posted here:http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=163337

Today, I am at school for a little while teaching some lessons and re-arranging my classroom. Then I am off to play with Sydney for the rest of the day!

Awesome pics. Looks like a fun place.

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
I beat my ticket from three months ago!!! I supposedly ran a redlight on my velo-rando and got a sweet ticket for ~$150.

Well today was the court date and the cop f'd up his testimony. Bwahahaha!!! A big nyah nyah to the NYPD for that one. As an aside, it was cool to see the legislative system in action, checking those balances!

Alfred

Monkey
Jul 27, 2006
Tame Ape said:
I beat my ticket from three months ago!!! I supposedly ran a redlight on my velo-rando and got a sweet ticket for ~$150.

Well today was the court date and the cop f'd up his testimony. Bwahahaha!!! A big nyah nyah to the NYPD for that one. As an aside, it was cool to see the legislative system in action, checking those balances!
Cool. I have never contested a ticket.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Tame Ape said:

Congrats! Did you give the judge a tshirt?

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
good f'ing afternoon monkeys. I brought the ssto work to clean it up a but and hit the trails sfter work. congrats in beating the stupid system tame. iwish iread that ppl were going to diablo earlier. I would have def went for some downhill heaven with some monkeys

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Wow, guess it's going a be a good day today. Just got called into a meeting with the head folks of the place and received a letter and nice cash award for the being part of the implementation team on the one year anniversary of a major project that has been very successful. I'm jazzed!

macko

Turbo Monkey
Jul 12, 2002
THE Palouse
Trainwreck said:
Wow, guess it's going a be a good day today. Just got called into a meeting with the head folks of the place and received a letter and nice cash award for the being part of the implementation team on the one year anniversary of a major project that has been very successful. I'm jazzed!
Congrats, T-Dub! I just fired you an email about the weekend.

Today, is my day off. I mailed out 3 or 4 envelopes of monkey stickers to various folks around the globe, shipped that trashed pedal back to Crank Bros for fixin, I've got a new pair of Chacos waiting for me at the REI, and I need to pack for the next few days as I'll be camped out for work.

I love these chill, low-key, days off. It's just too damn bad my bike's dead in the water or else I'd be out riding today as well.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
blah. i'm feeling like crap today. for the first time ever i got no sleep whatsoever. i was wide awake from 9 am yesterday to around 10 am today when i finally passed out in my bed. i think it could have been the medication that i took that kept me up all night.