Quantcast

$$Good F'n Morning$$

J

JRB

Where the hell is stosh???

Had me a brew in my new glass from JBP and had a steak. I then rebuilt the Pike. I may have lost a couple of parts that I apparently didn't need. :D Ended up not riding. Gonna ride after dinner with some friends tonight.

Picked up a Dodge Dakota for a rental while the Xterra is in the shop for the power steering. Not super impressed.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
not much new here. my brother's in from Ohio w/ his son for opening day @ Fenway, but he couldn't score any tickets for me.

might head down to the city after spinning class tonight to see them.

bought a freakin' amazing 3cd set from john zorn's bar kokhba sextet yesterday...i wish i lived in NYC so i could see them.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Morning.

One exam is down for the day, one to go.

My elbow REALLY f'ing hurts today. Not even so much the kind of road rash pain, but a deep, throbbing ache. I expected it to do that yesterday, not today. Time for a bunch of advil.

It's f'in beautiful here today. Maybe I'll hang out on the deck in the sun.

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
Morning, y'all.

narlus said:
not much new here. my brother's in from Ohio w/ his son for opening day @ Fenway, but he couldn't score any tickets for me.
I picked up tickets to see the Red Sox play KC in Aug (a guy I work with is a Boston fan, so we usually go see them whenever they play KC or St. Louis). I waited too long to get tickets and could only get seats 15th row behind 3rd base (at $23 a ticket). Ya gotta love the bad, small-market teams. At those prices, it would probably be cheaper to fly to KC to see the Sox than picking up comparable tickets for Fenway.

On a different subject, did someone make a bigass Ridemonkey banner? I was thinking about having one made for the Arkansas Monkeyfest. It would be way easier if someone already had the vector files.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
DNA said:
Morning, y'all.

On a different subject, did someone make a bigass Ridemonkey banner? I was thinking about having one made for the Arkansas Monkeyfest. It would be way easier if someone already had the vector files.

splats wife

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
DNA said:
I think Westy has it, unless he already sent it back to Splat. It was hand sewn (and extremely well by the way), so no vector files. Splat might loan it to ya though.

J

JRB

Hey splat - we don't, in any way, think roller blading with chicks at lunch is gay. Can DNA borrow that banner??? :D

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Echo said:
I think Westy has it, unless he already sent it back to Splat. It was hand sewn (and extremely well by the way), so no vector files. Splat might loan it to ya though.
I don't have it, I think it is in Doug's grubby little hands.

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
I'm trying to compose an e-mail to explain to an individual that they are an idiot. Must do so in the nicest possible terms. It's proving to be rather difficult. :rofl: I've started over a couple of times.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning. Beautiful day out. Headed over to the in-law's for dinner tonight. Have a consult tomorrow afternoon to get the big *snip* done. :eek:

J

JRB

narlus said:
this is a good attention-grabbing entry point:

Dear Idiot:
:stupid:

I, on the other hand, just want to scream at the chick next to me that just talks on the phone about her Goddamned wedding all day. Jesus Christ - I got married and Julie didn't expend nearly this effort and our wedding was well over 150 people. This chick is inviting only immediate family. What's most ridiculous is the fact she is telling the photographer what poses to take, and telling him she is not paying any more money. My f*cking head is going to blow off soon. :bomb:

J

JRB

Jeremy R said:
Damn Texans.
Fixed - but I'm not sure. There is a reception the following week, so maybe I can go and check them out to see what they are about.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning.

I seem to be nursing a bruised right leg. Must've happened in my hockey game the other night. I was going to ride or work legs tonight, but that ain't happening now. My leg feels fine as long as I don't put all my weight on it or walk down stairs. :wonky2:

I'm tired.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Seems like a good moment for a random story. This kid I went to high school was a bit of a looser. This one group of people always picked on him and yet he kept trying to hang out with them and just kept getting picked on. One day he snapped after getting tossed into a dumpster after school. He ran home and grabbed a shotgun. Someone called the cops after seeing him running down the street with a shotgun. After a hour long stand off with the cops he was arrested and sent to juvie for a few years. It seems he spent his time in juvie lifting weights and plotting revenge. The day he got out he came into our school during lunch to beat up the guy who tossed him into the dumpster. The fight took about 30 seconds, the loser kid ended up with a dislocated shoulder. He got arrested and thrown back into jail, this time tried as an adult. That kid Loco'd.

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
Echo said:
That'd be cool. I can still make one too. Does anyone have a pic?

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Morning. I'm looking over the GPS data from this year's Firestone course. I gotta make a map in my gobs of spare time....

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Hey guys and gals!!

Ninja-post for me this morning. Lots of big-cheeses floating around, so I'm trying to be discreet lest I be relived of my duties here at this fine institution of employment. We've been running 12-hour shifts and my mind starts wandering about two hours into it everytime.

Hoping to get in a ride this evening after work. It's gonna be the last chance I get to ride for at least two to three weeks since I'm getting the knee scoped on Thursday. I'm looking forward to it though......it's been giving me a lot of problems for several weeks now and the whole thing is starting to get really old really fast. I want my knee back in working order!!!!

We've been dog-sitting for a freind for the last couple of days......another border-collie like ours, but this one is really sketchy and has no concept of commands and such, so if she goes out or anything she has to be on a leash or else she's off like a bullet towards the nearest trouble and not coming back. It's kind of a headache, but she's a sweetie and is good in the house, so I overlook the other, but it would be nice if I could take her along with me when I ride so she could get some excercise.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
After getting a 92 on a test that I was expecting a 60 something on, and having finally gotten the first test in another class off my back it is time to go ride. I doubt that the first test went well, but what can I do, its in and grading shall commence.

I am off for a ride on this gorgeous day.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
have an exam in a couple hours. tonight is Avid brake night at the shop. also find out if my order for Kings went through. and i'm gonna see what i can do about a large EP from the Avid/ Sram/ RockShox camp.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
went into boston for a college fair and then to fanieul hall for lunch so it was a kick ass day. i also found a couple colleges that i would have never thought about applying to. the only problem is that my parents arent too keen on me applying to bond university in australia. :( and overall it will probably be cheaper or the same price as any school in the us that i go to.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
do an exchange program for a semester or two. i really wished i'd taken advantage of that (but as an engineer, it's a bit tougher i think).