Quantcast

Good freeride shoes??

OrthoPT

Monkey
Nov 17, 2004
Denver
These may be old news but I wear "Five Ten" shoes. I think the soles are the same rubber they use for climbing shoes/boots. They are tough shoes and get super grip. Hope this helps...

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
The Intense/5.10's are great but they have been pulled. The good news is some other monkeys hassled 5.10 and got them to re-release them. they will be available again soon.

I also find that DC's work really well for grip on flats. I use the Alias model but any other model that uses the same sole will work equally well.

Lefty

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Megan calls me a babe.
I use Es skateshoes for freeriding and urban. http://www.esfootwear.com/ They are very comfortable and mine got airsoles.. so :) that;s extra cushion when you are landing. I use them for casual to. If this shoes will wear out, ill buy another pair. T
Or just Shimano sh-m320's when i use my Time z-pedals.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Payless shoes carry Airwalks, they have a buy-two get one half-off thing going right now and most all the time. I was just in there with my GF and I noticed they had some decent looking Andy Mac pro model's for like under $30...

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
punkassean said:
Payless shoes carry Airwalks, they have a buy-two get one half-off thing going right now and most all the time. I was just in there with my GF and I noticed they had some decent looking Andy Mac pro model's for like under $30...
Sweet...I am so there!! I could even p/u a cheap pair of work-style boots as well.
:cool:

holliswood

Monkey
Mar 16, 2004
University Place
There are several different options out there for you in the footwear dept.
1. 5-IOs are a great shoe for free ride if you can find them.
2. DC'S are my fav's because they have killer arch support, great uppers (they last a long time), and certain models have the gummy sole wich holds pedals really well, plus they just look so damn pimp! :thumb: www.dcshoes.com
3. Oakley are making some pretty nice shoes for mtb and they have alot of input from some of the best riders in the world. They are just really pricey! Check out the radar and radar locks.

EL-Jefe

Chimp
Nov 16, 2004
Hilltop
I have to agree the circa adrian lopez's are very grippy vans are good but lack ankle support. If you can find intense or five ten shoes they are the best.