Quantcast

Good Friday-after-Thanksgiving morning

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Any other poor bastards like myself working today? I volunteered to work so most of my staff could take the day off. The wife is out shopping today. She better buy me something good.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
i'm not working today but i am doing loads, and i mean loads, of school work. poster project and presentation due monday, final on tuesday. after that i start scrambling to put crap together for next monday and tuesday. more powerpoints and finals, papers and proposals. someone shoot me.

oh yeah, tn had to work today.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
laura said:
i'm not working today but i am doing loads, and i mean loads, of school work. poster project and presentation due monday, final on tuesday. after that i start scrambling to put crap together for next monday and tuesday. more powerpoints and finals, papers and proposals. someone shoot me.

oh yeah, tn had to work today.
So what the hell are you doing on the :monkey: ? Get to work.

:blah:

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
this is how i wake my typing fingers up. you think i can jump out of bed and produce something worthy of presenting. i have to get my gears going, the coffee flowing, and a mild amount in entertainment in before i open WORD.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
douglas said:
I am at work......

Yesterday, I beat my last years 5k turkey trot time by 9 seconds!!

I ended up in 527th place! :rolleyes:
Sweet! How many people raced? How long did it take to run 5k? Kind of a chilly out yesterday for a run, eh? :)

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I Are Baboon said:
Sweet! How many people raced? How long did it take to run 5k? Kind of a chilly out yesterday for a run, eh? :)

2,181 did the 5K
(which makes the start a total traffic jam)

My time=24:47
(I really wanted a sub 24:00, I was at 12:07 at the halfway point, oh well maybe next year)

I wasnt cold until after the race when I was waiting for my friends to finish (a soaked sweaty shirt & 30 degrees is not a good combo)

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I saw Walk the Line yesterday.

I think I noticed one thing they got wrong in the movie. Showing a oval window VW 2 years before the came out.

It was okay. Not as spectacular as it has been made out to be.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Those arrows are weird. And they show up as boxes in the title bar of Firefox.

I'm doing some of my consulting work for a little while today but only for a few hours. Taking Jenn's family out on a mini-tour of Greenville, we're going to hit up B's Barbeque (a local legend), a local brewery and I'm not sure what else.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Just chillin' out. I decided to surf the Monkey on my Axim...works great in the bathroom. :eek:

I'm off today, but have a huge "honey do" list...:mumble:

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning. I'm home today with the kid. My wife had to work so the daughter and I are going to go and play in the snow at some point. Other than that, not much shakin'. Gotta work tomorrow and Sunday. :(

J

JRB

Good morning. About to load the truck and head to pick up my friend Tracy to go ride with Wumpus and some mojos. It's going to rain tonight and tomorrow though. :(

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
I am working unfortunately :-( Well I wouldnt actually call it working, but I am here. And my AIM doesnt work with our new connection at work, so I have to use AIMLight via the web which sucks.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Hey everyone. I just hooked up DSL on my mom's computer, so it's nice to be back on the monkey. I'm just hanging out today and taking it easy after a long week at work and lots of eating.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Afternoon. I came in to work today so I didn't have to use a vacation day. My wife has to work so there was no point in me wasting a day at home.

Nobody is here. I might just ride my bike up and down the halls...

Anybody ever been to Scotland? I'm thinking of going there this spring. Airfare BWI to Edinburgh is around $230 round trip. Looks like a really great place for a bike vacation.