Quantcast

Good Friday Morning Monkeys!!!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I think Stosh has class in the mornings on Fridays, so I'll take a stab at starting the Good Morning Thread today.

So how is everyone doing this Friday? I'm off on a long weekend!!! Woohooo!

Anybody got any big weekend plans?

Who's riding and where?

Happy Friday everyone!!

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Yo MCG! What's up, man?

I have to work tomorrow. Blah. MBC and I are heading up to Mt Snow tomorrow night to buy me ski boots, spend some time with her family, then ski Sunday. Hopefully Monday's weather will cooperate so me and Splat can ride.

Dinner tonight at DAKOTA (with MBC and her mom). :drool:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I Are Baboon said:
Yo MCG! What's up, man?

I have to work tomorrow. Blah. MBC and I are heading up to Mt Snow tomorrow night to buy me ski boots, spend some time with her family, then ski Sunday. Hopefully Monday's weather will cooperate so me and Splat can ride.

Dinner tonight at DAKOTA (with MBC and her mom). :drool:
Steak with MBC and Mrs. MBC - that's cool. Sounds like you've got one helluva weekend plan my man!

holy crap these new ads are loud! "Yeah I'll shoot the farking paparazzi alright!"

splat

Nam I am
The Wife and Kids are leaving tonight to go to her Parents for week. So Saturday Riding Doulas SF , SUnday not sure where yet , Monday with Baboon, and who knows what other debacury will go on , Night rides every night next week anyone ?

On another note, I put my self in difavor with my Mother in law ( again!!1) , but at least my WIfe was on my side for this one. My Mother in law called up Yesterday and told us to mark our calanders for the Last weekend in June that they were going to be having there 50th Anniversy Party , That is the same weekend as Dalton, Wife told told sorry we already have plans for that weekend and we have even put $$$$ down , and she is now mad at us.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
My boss has had a good week so far..

Weekend of reading and a VW thing to go to.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Mornin' Mark! I'm off today and Riding the Monkey from home. Today, I'm headed to the LBS to p/u some componants and work on my builds, and then up to my parents to help my dad wiht a project of some sort. Tomorrow my wife is gone all day so I'm taking our daughter to see the new Winnie the Pooh movie. Sunday....I have no idea.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
McGRP01 said:
Mornin' Mark! I'm off today and Riding the Monkey from home. Today, I'm headed to the LBS to p/u some componants and work on my builds, and then up to my parents to help my dad wiht a project of some sort. Tomorrow my wife is gone all day so I'm taking our daughter to see the new Winnie the Pooh movie. Sunday....I have no idea.
Whatcha picking up at the LBS?? And how old is your daughter again??

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Tonight I'll either go running or go to the gym and do some leg weights.

Susan is going to a baby shower tomorrow so I get to hang out with the kids. If it stops raining, I think we will go to the zoo for a little while.

Probably do some easy road riding on Sunday. Yesterday's mountain bike ride aggravated the shoulder so I guess I going to have to take it easy for awhile.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
splat said:
On another note, I put my self in difavor with my Mother in law ( again!!1) , but at least my WIfe was on my side for this one. My Mother in law called up Yesterday and told us to mark our calanders for the Last weekend in June that they were going to be having there 50th Anniversy Party , That is the same weekend as Dalton, Wife told told sorry we already have plans for that weekend and we have even put $$$$ down , and she is now mad at us.

Nice! :thumb:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
MMcG said:
Wow pretty cool. That's one sharp looking German Shorthaired Pointer!

I bet she'd make for a good trail dog. :)
I think she would kill me.

Owner and dog.

tartosuc

Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
montreal
Good morning mark,

Today i'm going to a job interview at OGC(outdoor gear canada) supplier for manitou, camelback, hayes e.t.c. in canada to work at the warranty deoartement.

We've got some friends coming over for the weekend, they bought used xc trailbikes(they are newly converted to trailriding by me ans Môwd) so i will check the bikes and fixed them right for them..hopefully there will not be too much snow so we can test rides them!

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
MMcG said:
hahaha

So that dog doesn't actually do anything it was bred to do then I take it?
Not that I am aware of. She gets exercised, shown, then kicks back.

JSB

Monkey
Apr 8, 2004
Flower Mound, Texas
Good Morning.
I think it's been close to a week or so since I've posted. I've got a new boss, and with that comes change. She is very organized, and wants us to be too. I've been doing all sorts of documentation, and it's taking up valuable internet time lol. Anyway, this entire month has sucked. I've only got 27 miles. It is misting off an on today, with thunder storms for Saturday. I might try to catch an early morning ride.

On a side note...last weekend was my B-day!!! I picked up 70 bucks of LBS GC's to spend. I was thinking of a nice bike computer...any ideas? I also got so leg warmers. Every one at my party made fun of me it was great. They asked me if I was going to use my GC's to get a bra. lol. Anyway, I apologize for rambling, it's been a while.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
tartosuc said:
Good morning mark,

Today i'm going to a job interview at OGC(outdoor gear canada) supplier for manitou, camelback, hayes e.t.c. in canada to work at the warranty deoartement.

We've got some friends coming over for the weekend, they bought used xc trailbikes(they are newly converted to trailriding by me ans Môwd) so i will check the bikes and fixed them right for them..hopefully there will not be too much snow so we can test rides them!
Good luck on the interview Bernard!!!

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
G'morning! Love payday...:D

Nice looking dog...seems like a waste though if it does nothing more than show - oh well...at least we know what the ideal version of that cute pup looks like. ;)

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
Morning Mark.

Today is my day off, going to do some riding today, going to Boston tomorrow to ride, Will probably take Sunday off from riding.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Rip said:
Morning Mark.

Today is my day off, going to do some riding today, going to Boston tomorrow to ride, Will probably take Sunday off from riding.

Did you set a date for the spring monkeyfest yet?

Have fun riding!

J

JRB

Good morning, Mark. Hope all is ok. It started raining again this morning so I guess the riding will be all dicked up. I am going down south to meet a friend that lives in Billings to see Cory Morrow down at Gruene Hall. It's always cool when Doug is in town, and I always look forward to seeing him. He is definitely one of my favorite friends of all time. :thumb:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
loco said:
Good morning, Mark. Hope all is ok. It started raining again this morning so I guess the riding will be all dicked up. I am going down south to meet a friend that lives in Billings to see Cory Morrow down at Gruene Hall. It's always cool when Doug is in town, and I always look forward to seeing him. He is definitely one of my favorite friends of all time. :thumb:

All is well Loco - who is Cory Morrow? Musician I presume?

Have fun with your friend! Reunions with old friends are alway treasured times. :thumb:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
nothing planned this weekend, aside from Miles' 5th b-day. it's gonna be a low-key event but should be fun nonetheless. if the cold weather holds maybe we will go skating.

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
MMcG said:
Anybody got any big weekend plans?

Who's riding and where?

Happy Friday everyone!!
Getting the new house in order this weekend - buying furniture, etc.
But saturday I'll get in a couple of hours on the CX bike (on a bike path though....) and monday - if the weather holds, I'll hit up Sprain Ridge in Yonkers.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
MMcG said:
Whatcha picking up at the LBS?? And how old is your daughter again??
Picking up, SRAM 7.0 cassette, XT BB for my bike...Set of Deore Cranks and BB for my wife's bike. Gotta ger some blue locktite for both. Going to order, Richie Scuzzy Logic Pro headset for my bike and try to find a 63-80mm fork with 1" steerer for her bike. :)

My daughter will be 4 in April.

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
Snow Hall, tweakin on math
loco said:

lucky bastid :D I wish I was going to see Cory Morrow at Gruene, I really have to get down there and do that soon, maybe when we're in Comfort for the DH race in April. Ah well, I got Reckless Kelly playing right now at work, so it eases the pain a little :thumb:

J

JRB

Cooter Brown said:
lucky bastid :D I wish I was going to see Cory Morrow at Gruene, I really have to get down there and do that soon, maybe when we're in Comfort for the DH race in April. Ah well, I got Reckless Kelly playing right now at work, so it eases the pain a little :thumb:
You're going to Comfort. I will PM you my number before then. I would very much like to gang up with you and Vanessa while you are down. If you want to break the drive up, I live a few hours from Comfort and you are more than welcome to stay at the house. Temple is on I-35 and is about 7 hours from you.

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
loco said:
You're going to Comfort. I will PM you my number before then. I would very much like to gang up with you and Vanessa while you are down. If you want to break the drive up, I live a few hours from Comfort and you are more than welcome to stay at the house. Temple is on I-35 and is about 7 hours from you.

works for me my man. Comfort is the plan at the moment, but we'll have to wait til it gets a little closer to the date to be fo sho, make sure we have the $$$ and everything to do it, there's a MDHCS race the next weekend, so it's gonna be tight, but we're gonna try to make it down for that one

and thanks for the offer too, if not then, we'll take ya up on it sometime for sure bud :D

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
dh girlie said:
I'm leaving for Tahoe to go snowboarding in 3 hours and 4 minutes...WOOHOO! I made about 85 jello shots. They're all packed on ice in the truck ready to go! Made a new mega mix cd for the trip...it's gonna be FUN FUN FUN...:D

(insert extremely jealous smiley here)(insert extremely jealous smiley here)

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
McGRP01 said:
Picking up, SRAM 7.0 cassette, XT BB for my bike...Set of Deore Cranks and BB for my wife's bike. Gotta ger some blue locktite for both. Going to order, Richie Scuzzy Logic Pro headset for my bike and try to find a 63-80mm fork with 1" steerer for her bike. :)

My daughter will be 4 in April.

What is her bike model that it needs the 1" steerer?

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Cooter Brown said:

And they'd be right up yer alley, Cooter! Made with MOONSHINE! HAHAHAH! Jk...Vodka...one batch of pineapple, one batch of cranberry, and one batch of watermelon, for that chi chi watermelon-tini shot!

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
dh girlie said:
And they'd be right up yer alley, Cooter! Made with MOONSHINE! HAHAHAH! Jk...Vodka...one batch of pineapple, one batch of cranberry, and one batch of watermelon, for that chi chi watermelon-tini shot!

actually I was jealous about boarding in Tahoe, but definitley now about the jello shots.

we just got back from a small resort near Taos a couple weeks ago, and damn! I didn't want to leave to come back to oklafreakinghoma. The night before we left, they got 9" of fresh pow, and I was pist that I didn't get to catch the first lift up and hit that :(

I can't wait to go back