Quantcast

$$Good Friday Morning Monkeys$$

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Happy Friday fellow Monkeys - how was everyone's Thursday night? Did anyone ride?

I took the road bike out to test my knee. Did 12-15 or so miles and the knee felt okay while pedaling. It is however, a little sore todya - not too bad, but noticeably different than my right (good) knee. ARHG!

I have a meeting at Noon today with our divorce mediator - should be our last meeting with this dude. We'll be in court in and around May 17th to make it official and final.

I'm going to a Talent show tonight, a charity dinner for Burlington Baseball tomorrow night and then I plan on rooting douglas on a little bit on Sunday at the Fat Tire Classic XC race here in Farmington.

Whatcha got planned for the weekend?

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
morning all! I had duty last night, so I've been up since 9pm yesterday. I'm just about running on empty. I could go home, but the boss is treating us to lunch today. And it's not everyday that I get free food. After my nap I'm taking a quick ride of westwoods, rain or shine, to get ready for a bikerag ride tomorrow. Going to see some cover band play on Sat night, and I'm taking a buddy out for a beginner ride on sunday. Should be a good weekend. Grats on moab rockland, someday I'm going to go to moab, but I don't think I have the skills to appreciate it. Grats on the divorce thing mark, if you have any more problems I'll put a hit out on your ex in trade for some parts. Hope your knee gets better, I'm looking forward to riding with you again.

TGIF!!!

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
G'morning - man I'm so ready for a nap right now!

I fly out Sunday night for a red-eye into Raleigh, NC, and my first class is at 1pm Monday. I have a believe I'm gonna feel like I'm running on empty for the week....

The good news is I had a heart to heart with my boss last night before I left. I proposed a massive promotion to "Director of Customer Relations" where I can manage my team better and he gets a few less direct reports. He's considering it, it will have to go before the management team, and will involve a huge salary increase...what I'm hoping is they offer me at least 30% (50% would be more reasonable considering the job jump) - and I can negotiate a lesser increase in pay for increased time off - I want the whole month of July every year. :D

I bet it'll be a struggle to see this one realized, so I'm still going to continue applying elsewhere. If I were to achieve this in my current company, I would be the first person to reach managerial level in the company before I'm 30...(currently 26)...

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
picked up my car last night, and now the driver-side window works again (some wires musta gotten crimped during the speaker install a few weeks ago).

the wife is leaving for denver today, so it's me w/ the boys for the weekend. could be nerve-wracking, but should be fun overall.

as a result, no solo activities planned for the weekend.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
hopefully, I wouldnt be lazy and do some yard work tomorrow

& my plan for Sunday is to go to CT for an xc race, it will be tough - some of those CT boys are fast !!

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
douglas said:
my plan for Sunday is to go to CT for an xc race, it will be tough - some of those CT boys are fast !!
I don't know you douglas, but MMcG and IAB do, so I'll try and take all the CT guys out for some heavy drinking on Sat night. Don't know if I'll find em all but I'll try. Best of luck to you.

I should probably pick up my tomato seeds this weekend....

bikeguy100k

Monkey
Nov 11, 2001
Seattle, WA
Might have a softball game tonight, but it might (hopefully) rain. Tomorrow I'm going to riding at Lake Sawyer and then to see "Defending the Caveman" in the evening with my wife. Sunday, I'm going to see if it rains and maybe go for a road ride.

All in all, nothing too exciting except for spending some time with my wife!

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Crazy Sweeper said:
I don't know you douglas, but MMcG and IAB do, so I'll try and take all the CT guys out for some heavy drinking on Sat night. Don't know if I'll find em all but I'll try. Best of luck to you.

:thumb:

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
what time is the race? maybe i'll have time to come watch. If I ever get these training wheels off, maybe I'll race some day. you guys going for a post race beer?

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Sweep - Race in first timers Class - you could compete quite well actually I think.

I have to go coach my son's hockey game which starts at 2:50 -so probaby no post race beers for me.

Barbaton

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2002
suburban hell
good morning. i'm kinda pissed today. frustrated with how our people launch into major complex projects with zero planning. might take a ride at lunch to chill.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I'm always up for a post ride beer!!

8:00 am - Registration opens for Kids, First Timers, and Beginners only.
9:00 am - Kid's race start.
9:30 am - First timers race start.
9:30 am - Registration for Sport, Expert, and Semi-Pro/Pro opens.
10:00 am - Beginner race start.
ME: 12:00 pm - Sport race start.
2:00 pm - Expert and Semi-Pro/Pro races start.

http://www.root66raceseries.com/schedule/winding.php

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
Fork:Manitou Axel(Found one on line cheap and I really want to keep the kona in tact)It's temporary.
Headset:FSA
Wheels:What ever I have laying around at this moment.
Tires:Tioga Factory XC's.
Pedals:Crank Brothers Mallet C's.
That's it for now.

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
MMcG said:
Sweep - Race in first timers Class - you could compete quite well actually I think.
I'm not sure if I'm ready to race yet. What trail is this race at anyway? This really would be a first timer's race for me. The first timer's race last year at tyler mill was a joke it only took them like 15 mins. I'd rather get a little better and race beginner instead.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Crazy Sweeper said:
I'm not sure if I'm ready to race yet. What trail is this race at anyway? This really would be a first timer's race for me. The first timer's race last year at tyler mill was a joke it only took them like 15 mins. I'd rather get a little better and race beginner instead.
Race is at Winding Trails - you could race beginner there and do fine.

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
Barbaton said:
good morning. i'm kinda pissed today. frustrated with how our people launch into major complex projects with zero planning. might take a ride at lunch to chill.
Amazing how often this happens isn't it? Funny how it's only those of us who get shafted doing the work ever realize the stupidity of this! :rolleyes:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
bikeguy100k said:
Might have a softball game tonight, but it might (hopefully) rain.
i, too, have a softball game. if you're in the uw intramural league then i might be playing you :D
Barbaton said:
do tell more.

besides softball tonight i have two days of skiing on the docket for this weekend. :thumb: mt. baker has 88/105 inch base at its two sides with 5" fresh in the last day...

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
The suburbs of Mexico.....
Good Morning Mark :)

Yoga kicked my butt last night, but I had a great time. This weekend I'll be racing the first race of the Spring Series....wohoo! :D

Have a good day!

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
not gonna make the race, the bikeraggers convinced me to swap my westwoods ride to sunday.

you're right though mark, I should try one race this summer. pop the cherry if you will.

give em hell doug

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
My Bike and some things I ordered from Jenson is "on the truck for delivery"

I can't wait to get home tonight.