Quantcast

++Good Friday Morning Monkeys++

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Mroning! Had a nice training/fun ride with Heather Mosley last night. She is fast, but didn't beat me up too bad at all :think: maybe she was just taking it easy on me our first time out. Rode for an hour and a half pretty much non-stop. Our only big stop was when I went over a large log and managed to kick open the skewer on my rear wheel. Didn't notice it right away, but as I was riding the next downhill section I certainly felt it :eek: so we had to stop and fix it.

Other than that, I am considering riding from my house to my brother's house after school today. It's about 28 miles (road) over West Mountain with a few other good climbs in between. I don't haev a road bike, so it'll be on the C-dale with semi-slicks. We'll see how motivated I feel after work.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Westy said:
What the hell can be so important at work that it would keep you there until 1:00? Are you nailing the maid?
There's this huge printing show in Philly next week called "On Demand". I'm working with a vendor to get their new product ready in time for the show, because it will mean big $$ for Xerox and big $$ for the vendor. Unfortunately it will not mean big $$ for me, aside from measly few hundred bucks in overtime pay. I'm looking at it from a "at least I have a job" standpoint for now. The vendor is leaving today so my hours should go somewhat back to normal (you know, slacking all day, leaving early to ride, etc :D )

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
hey, at least you get OT.

that used to drive us company guys nuts when we were at the facility startup in ireland. out of 500 people, there were 10 who weren't contractors, and as such not entitlted to overtime, even though we worked the same 60 hr weeks... :dead:

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
The suburbs of Mexico.....
Good Morning Monkies! :D

Just going to do some riding this weekend. I will be celebrating Mother's Day at the end of the month when I fly back to the East Coast to visit my parents.

Planning on doing some riding after work today so I can let the Friday traffic die down before I head home.

Hope everyone has a good day! :)

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
I Are Baboon said:
:stupid:

No OT for us salaried folks. Time off and benefits are a little better though.
I dunno about your company, but around here salaried people make a minimum of $15k per year more than hourly peons like me. However they are the first targets for layoffs too, so I guess it all sort of works out.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
TreeSaw said:
Mroning! Had a nice training/fun ride with Heather Mosley last night. She is fast, but didn't beat me up too bad at all :think: maybe she was just taking it easy on me our first time out. Rode for an hour and a half pretty much non-stop. Our only big stop was when I went over a large log and managed to kick open the skewer on my rear wheel. Didn't notice it right away, but as I was riding the next downhill section I certainly felt it :eek: so we had to stop and fix it.

very cool - if you go next Thursday let me know, unless boys are not welcome

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
douglas said:
very cool - if you go next Thursday let me know, unless boys are not welcome
Only smelly ones are welcome ;) Actually, Heather's father and another 2 guys were with us last night too so I am sure it's not a problem. I think Wiley goes too (when he isn't stuck at work).

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Shyrmp said:
Good Morning Monkies! :D

Just going to do some riding this weekend. I will be celebrating Mother's Day at the end of the month when I fly back to the East Coast to visit my parents.

Planning on doing some riding after work today so I can let the Friday traffic die down before I head home.

Hope everyone has a good day! :)
You going to be doing any East Coast riding when you're here?

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
MMcG said:
Did you get a grill yet? ;)

Your brunch menu sounds pretty damned good! :drool:
Don't you read all of the threads you post in? :rolleyes:
Answered in yesterday's GMT.
Weber Genesis Gold.
Jerk Chicken is marinating as we speak.

sleepinggiant

Monkey
Jul 9, 2004
San Jose, CA
I'm new to this good morning thing, but,
Good Moring :monkey:'s
I have learned the 7am is far to early for most math, but today was especially bad. I got to figure out the proof for the sin(x) power series using Taylors Theorem.
Now my head hurts :dead:
Yay for calc III :eviltongu

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
TreeSaw said:
Only smelly ones are welcome ;) Actually, Heather's father and another 2 guys were with us last night too so I am sure it's not a problem. I think Wiley goes too (when he isn't stuck at work).

cool.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
Leaving Wed night, 5/11 for Moab... This are going to be the toughest days of my life, can't wait for Wednesday...

Happy Mother's Day all youz mutha's! We're going to be spending Sunday with the Ecuadorian side of the family. It's going to be a great day, the concept of family is really something special to them/us.

Going to apply for an apartment tomorrow morning. We've found something within our price range in The OC--2 beds, 2 baths, fireplace, 4 walls, 1 ceiling... Pending approval, we move-in May 20. Again, I can't wait...

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Echo said:
I dunno about your company, but around here salaried people make a minimum of $15k per year more than hourly peons like me.
I should know that since I work in payroll. :think: I suppose I could query the system...

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
NM - read the rest of the thread...family first! I'm getting my Mom drunk...:D

Oh chit...I gotta get her present wrapped..today is going to drive me nuts with all the crap I gotta get done...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
my (male, slow pitch) softball team got beat down royally tonight. something like a 24-6 loss to the bioengineering school kids. pitiful. :dead:

seattle people: come hear verdi requiem saturday night. 7:30, first presbyterian church (www.firstpres.org), free/donation concert.