Quantcast

!!Good Friday Morning Monkeys!!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
How the hell is everyone today?? I had a pretty relaxing night last night.

Snapped a few pics of my bike too - here's what she looks like now. Still need to do some fiddling with the rear brake - can't get it set up the way I want it to. Argh! :rant: :rant:

Whattya think of it compared to the other fork?

New set-up:

Former Set-up:

The current is more trail bike like, whereas the former is more XC/race friendly.

Whattya think?

Hope everyone's having a good morning. And I hope you all have a great weekend too. :cheers: :cheers:

splat

Nam I am
Looks Fine either way , always remeber it is not about the ride, But about the ride.

Had an Awesome ride last night . the weather was unbelivable ! I actually drove to work today , suppose to be really nasty weather later. It better be ! it was65 Degrees this morning , would have been a great ride in. But on that Note, My car was not happy about going this morning , it was Missing , and Sputtering for the first few Minutes . I guess I should start it up more than once a Week.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Good Morning!!

I heard spring peepers in the swamp behind my house this morning.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. HOORAY for FRIDAY! I've got two rides on tap for this weekend so I'm psyched. It's supposed to be sunny and 50's. :cool: Hope my rear wheel holds up.

mCg, I don't see much a difference between the two setups, but wtf do I know? :D

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
'Morning. HOORAY for FRIDAY! I've got two rides on tap for this weekend so I'm psyched. It's supposed to be sunny and 50's. :cool: Hope my rear wheel holds up.

mCg, I don't see much a difference between the two setups, but wtf do I know? :D

Main differences are a steeper head tube angle with the shorter fork and a slightly lower bb height. New set up = slacker front end, more neutral steering, and a slightly higher bb.

ktmsx

Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
CT.
Holy crap I can't believe it is Friday already, Mark the bike looks good except you are missing suspension...ha..ha...My buddy bailed last night so I ended up walking with the wife, freakin warm out there....have a good weekend folks....

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Going to the mountains to get the Christmas tree this weekend with family and friends. The plan was to do a road ride there but its supposed be in the 30s so the ride is off and beer drinking is on. I think that's a wise decision.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Going to the mountains to get the Christmas tree this weekend with family and friends. The plan was to do a road ride there but its supposed be in the 30s so the ride is off and beer drinking is on. I think that's a wise decision.

ktmsx

Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
CT.
I got all the lights down last night and surprisingly enough they all work. The one light that kills the string will go out as soon as I get them on the house. God I hate that.
I don't get that crap with todays technology we can't freakin Christmas lights to work if one burns out...we can never find spare bulbs so the wife just buys new ones!!! I have enough to circle the planet by now...:bonk:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I got all the lights down last night and surprisingly enough they all work. The one light that kills the string will go out as soon as I get them on the house. God I hate that.
I was hanging off my roof by myself in the dark earlier this week. Probably a stupid move on my part.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
eh...
it is afternoon for me...I got here @ 3am...it is almost lunch time. I wanna go home.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
I did too!

What were you doing in stosh's back yard?

Good Morning....

slept like crap last night... I am dead!

Going for a Christmas tree Sat. morning, and getting the bike ready for a the Punk Bike Enduro on sunday.... I CAN'T FVCKING WAIT FOR THE PUNK BIKE!!!! it is a blast. The weather for Sunday looks good and cold with chance of snow following a day and a half of rain and wind! We must have been good this year!:happydance:

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
mornin monkeys. Work again. Why does this seem to happen every day?

Rob, you can stop by my place, clean it up a bit, take Max for a walk. Maybe wash my bike and cook some dinner while your at it.

I talked with a guy from Austin yesterday and it was warmer here than it was there. Perfect for a trip there next week. :rant:

Pray for snow.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!

I'm finally over the sickness that has plagued me the whole week. Let's hope I don't have to revisit that for another ten years.

Things are slow today. Lots of rain is keeping us from getting deliveries to job sites, so I've sent our drivers home early. Maybe Monday will be more productive.

I put in our offer last night on a house we've been looking at for about a week. We really, really want this house!! I offered 'em about $12,000 less than what they were asking and they countered up just $2,000 from that, so we're in the ballpark and I think we'll take 'em up on it. Got a contractor buddy of mine set up to take a look at it today with me to see what his opinion is. I think we'll get the house, but it it's going to be a significant increase in what we pay monthly now, but I'm pretty sure we can make it work.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Good Morning!

I'm finally over the sickness that has plagued me the whole week. Let's hope I don't have to revisit that for another ten years.

Things are slow today. Lots of rain is keeping us from getting deliveries to job sites, so I've sent our drivers home early. Maybe Monday will be more productive.

I put in our offer last night on a house we've been looking at for about a week. We really, really want this house!! I offered 'em about $12,000 less than what they were asking and they countered up just $2,000 from that, so we're in the ballpark and I think we'll take 'em up on it. Got a contractor buddy of mine set up to take a look at it today with me to see what his opinion is. I think we'll get the house, but it it's going to be a significant increase in what we pay monthly now, but I'm pretty sure we can make it work.

PICS?
Congrats man!
It's a buyers market up here!

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
mornin monkeys. Work again. Why does this seem to happen every day?

Rob, you can stop by my place, clean it up a bit, take Max for a walk. Maybe wash my bike and cook some dinner while your at it.

I talked with a guy from Austin yesterday and it was warmer here than it was there. Perfect for a trip there next week. :rant:

Pray for snow.
Do I look like I have a pair of boobs?

I ain't no housewife!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
There are two sketchy spots that the last two years I've almost come off the ladder. My wife won't watch she just hangs out in the garage to listen for the thud.
Thats awesome!

IT's funny, my in-laws were over last Sunday when we were hanging the lights and before I knew it my Father-in-law was up the ladder and on the roof before I even had the ladder ready. I was pretty happy he volunteered.