Quantcast

~~~Good Friday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

I wasn't here yesterday. My office called and said I didn't have to come in due to the snow/ice we had yesterday. It made for a nasy mix!!!

I had a nice relaxing day at home yesterday.

JSB

Monkey
Apr 8, 2004
Flower Mound, Texas
WOW! I'm early today.
Good Morning Stosh. I'm doing great just because it's Friday, and My neighbor gave me a case of Hiney's last night for taking care of his dog all week while he was out of town. Can't wait to start on those this weekend. It started out in the 20s yesterday 30s today but we're suppose to hit 68 Saturday. Can we say RIDE!!! I hope so. Got my younger brothers birthday party to go to Saturday night. Other than that it will be a slow relaxing weekend.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
G'mornin'! Things are good...I guess. Yesterday...out of the blue...my Mgr. tells me that the company I work for is "restructuring" and that 2 of my coworkers are being laid off. There were only 5 of us that work here! So, I'm thankful I still have a job, but now I'm on call 24 hours a day. Still better than being unemployed.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MudGrrl said:
I was on the radio this morning.

All of DC heard me.

Tonight......hang out with the girls. :)
what were you doing on the radio?

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
THE GODS OF ALL THAT IS RIGHT IN THE WORLD HAVE SHINED DOWN UPON ME TODAY! That is, I had a 12:00 to 5:00 meeting today that has just been CANCELED because the guy running the meeting is out sick. Sweet mercy, I just want to kiss someone.

MudGrrl

AAAAH! Monkeys stole my math!
Mar 4, 2004
Boston....outside of it....
DJ was asking about zip cars...............

the cars that are left all over the city (with the keys in the ignition), and if you need one, you just scan a little card and take it.

DJ was asking why thieves don't gank 'em, with the keys being in the ignition and all....

So, I called him up and told him what I had read....... that's all.

No money, no obscene acts. Just really boring.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MudGrrl said:
DJ was asking about zip cars...............

the cars that are left all over the city (with the keys in the ignition), and if you need one, you just scan a little card and take it.

DJ was asking why thieves don't gank 'em, with the keys being in the ignition and all....

So, I called him up and told him what I had read....... that's all.

No money, no obscene acts. Just really boring.
Zip cars? I'm confused? What had you read?

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
McGRP01 said:
Sirsy rocks. :thumb: I got my wife a live CD of theirs from E. O'Dwyer's in Saratoga for Xmas. Where are they tonight?

Down town Albany / Big house 5:30-8:00p

Me & like 8 of my peeps will be there

and then the Burners are playing across the street at 9p

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
binary visions said:
Thank f'ing God that it's Friday, I need the weekend...
Yeah me too, week went fast though. I'm going to ikea tomorrow I can't f'ing wait!!!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning - I'm missing tonight's hockey game with IAB - Kick ass tonight Babs! - in order to take my son Liam to the Hartford Civic Center. His team gets to play a full game before the Hartford Wolfpack game this afternoon and then we are all going to the Wolfpack game after chowing down in Hartford somewhere!

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
MMcG said:
Morning - I'm missing tonight's hockey game with IAB - Kick ass tonight Babs! - in order to take my son Liam to the Hartford Civic Center. His team gets to play a full game before the Hartford Wolfpack game this afternoon and then we are all going to the Wolfpack game after chowing down in Hartford somewhere!
Hey man, cool deal with Liam! Sounds like it'll be fun. :)

I will try my best tonight. Our defense is going to be weak without you there.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
stosh said:
Yeah me too, week went fast though. I'm going to ikea tomorrow I can't f'ing wait!!!
what's so exciting about ikea, besides really cheap silverware. :confused:

uhhh eurrh not that i get excited at cheap silverware or nuttin....

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Skookum said:
what's so exciting about ikea, besides really cheap silverware. :confused:

uhhh eurrh not that i get excited at cheap silverware or nuttin....
Picking up a computer desk I've been saving up for.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
binary visions said:
...wouldn't that $300 look nice in your savings account, though? ;)
Every single penny of my Bonus check went into saving... by saving I mean to pay off my credit cards. I've been saving for the desk for a while and I've gotten a bunch of gift cards towards it so it won't cost me to much. Plus in order for me to do side work I need a big desk to lay out drawings and such.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Skookum said:
ahhhhh i see.... i got my particle board at Fryes's.... it's very nice.
I thought about it and it will cost me almost as much to make a desk as it would to buy one from Ikea. Plus at ikea I can get one that is one complete desktop instead of pieces.

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
The suburbs of Mexico.....
Good Morning Stosh! :D

Busy day here at work today...not sure what I'm doing tonight.

Going to try to go riding tommorow if this rain ever stops, then watch the Chargers play tommorow night. Maybe more riding on Sunday.

Have a great weekend!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Shyrmp said:
Good Morning Stosh! :D

Busy day here at work today...not sure what I'm doing tonight.

Going to try to go riding tommorow if this rain ever stops, then watch the Chargers play tommorow night. Maybe more riding on Sunday.

Have a great weekend!
yeah you guys got some record rain fall recently haven't ya?

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
stosh said:
I thought about it and it will cost me almost as much to make a desk as it would to buy one from Ikea. Plus at ikea I can get one that is one complete desktop instead of pieces.
Uhm are you sure you won't have to build it up? That's usually the norm for Ikea.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Skookum said:
Uhm are you sure you won't have to build it up? That's usually the norm for Ikea.
no I mean for me to buy the plywood/screws/router bits/legs/bracing and design and construct it myself it would cost me as much as to buy and ASSemble the ikea pieces.

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
The suburbs of Mexico.....
stosh said:
yeah you guys got some record rain fall recently haven't ya?
Most definately yes. :p

"The weather year isn't half over; we haven't even entered San Diego's true wet season. Yet here we stand at 9.03 inches. Only four times in city history have we begun the year with more rain than we have at this point.
We could very easily reach our average rainfall for the entire season (10.77 inches) by Jan. 3.

But if we just get normal rainfall for the last six months of the season, not counting what may fall tomorrow, we'll finish the '04-05 rain year with 16.92 inches. That would rank the year as the 11th wettest in city history since record-keeping began in 1850. The wettest year on record was 1883-84, when 25.97 inches fell.
The last time we got above-normal rainfall for an entire season here was in 1997-98,when we received 17.78 inches. "

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
stosh said:
no I mean for me to buy the plywood/screws/router bits/legs/bracing and design and construct it myself it would cost me as much as to buy and ASSemble the ikea pieces.
Then you would have a desk and the stuff to make other desks/furniture. Never balk at an excuse to buy tools, it is the true measure of manhood :p .

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
stosh said:
oh ok yah Frye's is a computer superstore, not a hardware store haha. if i was to build one on my own i'd just grab a round from a log and call it good. :)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Shyrmp said:
Most definately yes. :p

"The weather year isn't half over; we haven't even entered San Diego's true wet season. Yet here we stand at 9.03 inches. Only four times in city history have we begun the year with more rain than we have at this point.
We could very easily reach our average rainfall for the entire season (10.77 inches) by Jan. 3.

But if we just get normal rainfall for the last six months of the season, not counting what may fall tomorrow, we'll finish the '04-05 rain year with 16.92 inches. That would rank the year as the 11th wettest in city history since record-keeping began in 1850. The wettest year on record was 1883-84, when 25.97 inches fell.
The last time we got above-normal rainfall for an entire season here was in 1997-98,when we received 17.78 inches. "
Well that should be good for the resivors.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Skookum said:
oh ok yah Frye's is a computer superstore, not a hardware store haha. if i was to build one on my own i'd just grab a round from a log and call it good. :)
thats what I figured when you said Fryes.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Westy said:
Then you would have a desk and the stuff to make other desks/furniture. Never balk at an excuse to buy tools, it is the true measure of manhood :p .
ha true!! I've made pleanty of furniture it our apt.