Quantcast

~~~Good Friday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
ROCKLAND said:
That had to have been around the time it just opened. I remember going shortly after it opened to ride bmx.
There is a kick ass texas BBQ place over by the Shipyard Brewery I'm looking forward to going back to.

Buck Fever

Monkey
Jul 12, 2004
Hipsterville USA
stosh said:
Check out my location just under my picture.

My GF and I are looking for somewhere to move as well.
Ah, yes. That's hardly PNW. I think I read a thread yesterday in which you and someone else were discussing the Frederick, MD area. My fiancee lives out there, and for a while, it's a decent place to be. Someone recently told me that it's the fastest growing area in MD and the escalating cost of housing reflects that.

Frederick is kind of a strange place. It's sort of half redneck (they don't call it Fredneck for nothing); half youngish cityfolk type people who are much more impatient and demanding, which seems to have led to the general pissing off of Frederick locals.

The cool part is that we live right in the middle of old downtown Frederick where all the shops and restaurants are located. It has a small town feel as most of the shop owners know our names and occationally save little things for us. At the very least, they know her as the "greyhound lady."

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Buck Fever said:
Ah, yes. That's hardly PNW. I think I read a thread yesterday in which you and someone else were discussing the Frederick, MD area. My fiancee lives out there, and for a while, it's a decent place to be. Someone recently told me that it's the fastest growing area in MD and the escalating cost of housing reflects that.

Frederick is kind of a strange place. It's sort of half redneck (they don't call it Fredneck for nothing); half youngish cityfolk type people who are much more impatient and demanding, which seems to have led to the general pissing off of Frederick locals.

The cool part is that we live right in the middle of old downtown Frederick where all the shops and restaurants are located. It has a small town feel as most of the shop owners know our names and occationally save little things for us. At the very least, they know her as the "greyhound lady."
Wow, thats kind of like where I live. All the city people are pushing the housing costs up while there are older home that 5yrs ago cost 90k now cost 200k.

I like the Maryland area, my sister lives down there and I've been there quite frequently. The DC/Bmore drive up housing costs though.

ET_SoCal

Monkey
Aug 10, 2001
C-Me Valley, CA
'Morn...

Kinda pissed, thought I'd be able to MTB this weekend but wifey reminded me:
1) Install the new water heater.
2) Fix "your son's van".
3) Replace the spa speaker.
4) Replace those broken sprinkler lines in the back.
5) Fix that one small leak in the roof.
:angry:

stosh said:
Ha, you still have your santa hat on.....
I'm a member of "Santa Hats Forever"...
:dancing:

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
ET_SoCal said:
'Morn...

2) Fix "your son's van".

I'd ride anway. Don't let the woman hold you down!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
ET_SoCal said:
'Morn...

2) Fix "your son's van".

I enjoy doing things like that. So even though it would take the place or riding it would be fun for me anyway.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
ET_SoCal said:
'Morn...

2) Fix "your son's van".
God forbid the spa goes with out a speaker!! :rolleyes: ;)

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
stosh said:
FYI we may be heading to Peaks Island this summer.
rockland, is that where you live? a guy i used to work w/ has a cottage of some sort on the island. he and his wife moved to portland a few years ago, and i haven't seen him since.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
narlus said:
rockland, is that where you live? a guy i used to work w/ has a cottage of some sort on the island. he and his wife moved to portland a few years ago, and i haven't seen him since.
:confused:

Quoted me... responded to ROckland....

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
narlus said:
:stosh: You've been Stoshed.
I live in the town of Rockland. It's two towns down the coast from Camden. Peak's Island is off of Portland, and they are both 1.5 hr further down the coast from Rockland/Rockport/Camden. You must have had an idea where I lived; I was gonna show you the sweet trails when you were up for some wedding or somethin like that. :blah: :)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
ROCKLAND said:
:stosh: You've been Stoshed. I was gonna show you the sweet trails when you were up for some wedding or somethin like that. :blah: :)
"....You ever go off any sweet jumps...."

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
ROCKLAND said:
I wonder how many takes were required for him to not only break the ramp, but nut himself in the process.
I'll have to watch the movie with the comments on and see what they say.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
ROCKLAND said:
:stosh: You've been Stoshed.
I live in the town of Rockland. It's two towns down the coast from Camden. Peak's Island is off of Portland, and they are both 1.5 hr further down the coast from Rockland/Rockport/Camden. You must have had an idea where I lived; I was gonna show you the sweet trails when you were up for some wedding or somethin like that. :blah: :)
yeah, i went up to camden (when the dregs of some hurricane was making everything cold, windy and wet up there). wasn't sure if you were near portland and the best riding meant a road trip up to camden. my knowledge of maine is fairly tightly confined to york, parts of bar harbor, and sunday river.