Quantcast

Good Friday Morning

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
No GMT today???? :confused:

So, how is everyone? I am riding all weekend and LOTS next week so I am completely PSYCHED! I also made friends with a new riding partner who's going to help me train for my races...she's going to kick my arse so bad, but it's totally going to be worth it.

Vacation from school next week :D Believe me, I can't wait!!!!

What's everyone else up to tonight? This weekend?

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Doing some trail work tomorrow, along with a long road ride. Sunday looks to be awesome weather too so I'll probably have to get out on the singlespeed some more.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
TreeSaw said:

So, how is everyone? I am riding all weekend and LOTS next week so I am completely PSYCHED! I also made friends with a new riding partner who's going to help me train for my races...she's going to kick my arse so bad, but it's totally going to be worth it.

Vacation from school next week :D Believe me, I can't wait!!!!

Is your new riding friend hot? Sorry, I can't help myself.

Lots of riding is good. Remember to sleep more than usual so you can recover faster.

Should be a good weekend for riding here too. Race on Saturday then planning a long road ride for Sunday.

Met my new neighbors yesterday. Married folks same age as me, Think a young Ned Flanders. They are Christian missionaries working to save the souls of college students. Nice folks, I have a feeling I scared the crap out of them though.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Mornin' TreeSaw! I was surprised there was no GMT either.

I'm doing pretty good, I'm going up to Denver tonight for my grandpa's 75th birthday, then probably spending the night up there. Not sure about saturday, but Sunday there's a bunch of us folks from mtbr going on a xc/fr ride at Palmer Park down here, should be atleast 15 people. :D

You better be posting some pictures from all your riding. :D :)

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin.

Working a half-day today... then back home with the kids. Have to stop at the LBS at some point and drop off 2 wheels I need rebuilt (one totally rebuilt, one just needs a tuning). Other than that... not much on for the day.

Weather looks great for the weekend... I'd like to ride (break in the new seatpost and cyclocomputer I got the other day), but we'll have to see - will depend on how the wife is feeling and how the kids are doing.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Westy said:
Is your new riding friend hot? Sorry, I can't help myself.

Lots of riding is good. Remember to sleep more than usual so you can recover faster.

Should be a good weekend for riding here too. Race on Saturday then planning a long road ride for Sunday.

Met my new neighbors yesterday. Married folks same age as me, Think a young Ned Flanders. They are Christian missionaries working to save the souls of college students. Nice folks, I have a feeling I scared the crap out of them though.
She is pretty good looking, a racer herself and she's fast!
Thanks for the training tip. I am getting serious now and I have been enjoying that book you recommended. Good luck on Saturday!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
COmtbiker12 said:
Mornin' TreeSaw! I was surprised there was no GMT either.

I'm doing pretty good, I'm going up to Denver tonight for my grandpa's 75th birthday, then probably spending the night up there. Not sure about saturday, but Sunday there's a bunch of us folks from mtbr going on a xc/fr ride at Palmer Park down here, should be atleast 15 people. :D

You better be posting some pictures from all your riding. :D :)
You too!!! No need to worry, there will be plenty of pics. I am going to have to start hosting them on a site 'cause I keep filling up my space here too fast!

Happy 75th B-day grandpa! :thumb:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
jacksonpt said:
Mornin.

Working a half-day today... then back home with the kids. Have to stop at the LBS at some point and drop off 2 wheels I need rebuilt (one totally rebuilt, one just needs a tuning). Other than that... not much on for the day.

Weather looks great for the weekend... I'd like to ride (break in the new seatpost and cyclocomputer I got the other day), but we'll have to see - will depend on how the wife is feeling and how the kids are doing.
See you're a good dad...helping the wife out with the baby and all that :thumb:
Thanks for the reminder...I need to hook up the cyclocomputer.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning! It's Friday baby!!! WooHoo!! Tonight the wife and I have to finish up shopping for my daughter b-day which is tomorrow. Got my folks to watch the "munch" while we get a dinner out...ALONE...and then to the toy store! Tomorrow will consist of a busy morning putting up decorations, and then entertaining 15 - 4 year olds for a couple hours. Sunday will be a b-day recovery day with a nice long relaxing ride with Treesaw, Sq-Earl, Douglas and perhaps a few others up at Spier Falls. :thumb: Pics will be posted!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
McGRP01 said:
Morning! It's Friday baby!!! WooHoo!! Tonight the wife and I have to finish up shopping for my daughter b-day which is tomorrow. Got my folks to watch the "munch" while we get a dinner out...ALONE...and then to the toy store! Tomorrow will consist of a busy morning putting up decorations, and then entertaining 15 - 4 year olds for a couple hours. Sunday will be a b-day recovery day with a nice long relaxing ride with Treesaw, Sq-Earl, Douglas and perhaps a few others up at Spier Falls. :thumb: Pics will be posted!
What's the party theme? I should have told you earlier...I took some cake decorating classes and could've helped out with a cool cake.

Wait a minute - did you really say "relaxing" and Spier Falls ride in the same sentence :confused:

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
TreeSaw said:

1/2 day then a 3 hour dentist apointment :dead:

Sat, my sis is in town (she lives in Boston) / nieces bday party (hope to get a early ride in)

and Sunday I'm riding with you, Sq-earl & McGRP01

kinda weird you live 40 min's away, I have rode with you in Mass, Ariz, & twice in VT but this will be the 1st time in NewYork!!

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
MMcG said:
What's so friggin good abou it? I'm having one of the crappiest days of the year today. ARGH!
Hey Mark, not that it will make you feel any better, but having a big tax bill just means that you make a good living. Don't worry, it will all be over soon.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Good morning! (Phew! Into this thread before afternoon officially hits :D )

Looking forward to a nice long weekend. I've got a hockey game tonight, then the plans through Monday are to ride and chill. Wifey ends her three months of 70 hour work weeks today. :thumb: Three days of QT are planned.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
I Are Baboon said:
Good morning! (Phew! Into this thread before afternoon officially hits :D )

Looking forward to a nice long weekend. I've got a hockey game tonight, then the plans through Monday are to ride and chill. Wifey ends her three months of 70 hour work weeks today. :thumb: Three days of QT are planned.
Afternoon! ;) Celebrate with a good ride and some tastey beverages!

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
This weekend:

A little riding, ALOT of gardening. We moved in October, and now I have a front and back yard for the first time in like 15 years.

We had fresh spinach the other night from the winter plantings.

My new workout equipment: push mower and weeding hoe.

:thumb:

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
I Are Baboon said:
Three good rides....and we bought three bottles of Vermont wine last weekend. :)
Is Vermont wine any good? Is it made from frozen grapes?

:think:

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
TreeSaw said:
What's the party theme? I should have told you earlier...I took some cake decorating classes and could've helped out with a cool cake.
The theme is "dinosaur ballet"...my daughter's 2 favorite things. We've got T-Rexes in tutus all over the house right now! :D My wife dabbles in cake decorating as well (though I'm sure she'd admit she's not quite as proficient (sp?) as you.) She's all over the cake thing.

treesaw said:
Wait a minute - did you really say "relaxing" and Spier Falls ride in the same sentence :confused:
After spending 3 hours with 15 2-4 year olds on Saturday, Spier will be like a walk in the park!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
here's a recap of last night's activities for me (attendance @ the Magnolia Electric Company show):

note to bostonians -

don't bother seeing a show in the Museum of Fine Arts unless you like abbreviated shows in a stuffy setting. we got there and picked up our tickets, but didn't feel like sitting in line to claim a set when doors opened (7:30, opener at 8 ) as it was general admission in an amphitheater setting. instead, we went to get some food, but the museum is in the middle of a college student ghetto (northeastern, wentworth, simmons) and so a non-fast food place which serves beer was a pretty long walk away.

we ended up at Anchovies in the south end, which is right near where we used to live, and it was great as expected. grabbed a cab to head back to the MFA, as it was right around 9PM at this point. we could hear "Farewell Transmission" just as we got into the main area (after admiring Ralph Lauren's '52 ferrari which was parked outside the room) and the room was pretty packed. no chance of finding 3 contiguous seats anywhere, so we stood in the back. and i think some fans hadn't seen a bathtub or shower stall in a bit. the HVAC was non-existent, and the room was a bit stale.

the sound was good, but it really did lack the solid bottom end which is a very endearing aspect of Songs:Ohia/MagElecCo's recording quality. a low end sturdy enough to rest yr beer bottle on it. wasn't here in this room, but the 6 piece was a pretty tight band (pedal steel and keys were nice adders and pretty essential to the MEC sound these days). i definitely get the feeling that like hüsker dü, jason's very much a forward-looking guy when he's on stage. don't attend a show expecting to hear much if anything from the back catalog. this has been borne out by the italian live cd and _trials and errors_, and i'd guess that most of the was comprised of stuff from _What Comes After The Blues_ which i am not familiar w/ but bought a copy after the show. anyway, they played for about an hour and the came back for a short encore of one song. what the fück? 60 minutes, and a parking garage fee which was the same as the ticket ($15)? not too impressed.

i hope anyone who goes to the Superwolf show which is upcoming knows what they are in for.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
H8R said:
This weekend:

A little riding, ALOT of gardening. We moved in October, and now I have a front and back yard for the first time in like 15 years.

We had fresh spinach the other night from the winter plantings.

My new workout equipment: push mower and weeding hoe.

:thumb:
Mmmmm....fresh spinach. I haven't had any luck with gardening. The darn deer eat everything!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
McGRP01 said:
The theme is "dinosaur ballet"...my daughter's 2 favorite things. We've got T-Rexes in tutus all over the house right now! :D My wife dabbles in cake decorating as well (though I'm sure she'd admit she's not quite as proficient (sp?) as you.) She's all over the cake thing.

After spending 3 hours with 15 2-4 year olds on Saturday, Spier will be like a walk in the park!
OIC! :thumb:

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
TreeSaw said:
Mmmmm....fresh spinach. I haven't had any luck with gardening. The darn deer eat everything!
I'm three blocks from downtown. No deer in our yard that I know of.

Our garden's worst enemy is my incompitance.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I just got approval from my boss to attend two conferences later this year. One in Las Vegas and one in San Francisco. WOO HOO!

I've never been to Vegas. I think MTBchickie will be tagging along too.

:dancing:

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
My boss just came in to tell me that she gave her notice and next Friday is her last day, and then she left. That means my closest supervior is now in Austin, Texas. Looks like leaving early today will not be a problem! :D