Quantcast

)()( Good Friday Morning )()(

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
...happy, IAB?

Anyone care to comment on my choice of GMT characters? Better or worse than that "++"?

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Well done on both counts. :thumb:

:D

Anyway, it's FRIDAY. I'm leaving work at 2:30 to get that haircut then meet up with wife, gMcmGcm and his chickie (Laura) for an MTB ride. We all had a nice road ride yesterday. Laura is a relative newbie to the bike scene, but she's got a good athletic base to work with. She had no problem keeping up with us yesterday on her hybrid bike (granted, is was a casual ride). :thumb: Introducing her to dirt tonight should be fun.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning BV - had a really fun ride with Laura, IAB And MBC last night. I think we covered 20 miles at a pleasant pace. Laura was riding her hybrid bike and she did great. I think she's hooked as she commented several times that evening that she had a blast but that it would have been an even better workout if she had the proper equipment for the ride.

Tonight - we hit the dirt with MBC and IAB! :dancing:

splat

Nam I am
:stosh:

Morning , looks like it will be a slow day here today , tons of people took it off, I wish I did now :( But since it is slow , I guess that Means Long lunch ride today :)

had a Great 3 Hour ride last night , now they are talkeing about it raining all weekend :(

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Had a good ride at the local trail yesterday even though the humidity was around 100%. :dead:

Got home and had absolutely no water pressure. A quick check revealed that the hot water line had broke. It is an easy fix, but I hate having to crawl under the house.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Rained yesterday so I hit the gym, same for today probably and the rest of the weekend:(

My warranteed road bike is ready to pick up, it seems my blue '03 is now a bright red '05 with brand new matching fork.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
yesterday, I did a dusk/night ride at PineBush, just me & a few deer

I also ordered tickets to see Dave Attell (comedy central Insomniac tour)

J

JRB

MMcG said:
Hey Loco - how do you like your new IRD road bike? Ride review please. :)
I like it well. It did have some high resonance sound when I hit a bump last night and I am not sure if it is the frame or Co2 in my seat bag. It is stiffer, laterally than the other frame was. All in all, I like it a lot. It fits exactly the same as my old frame.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Westy said:
Rained yesterday so I hit the gym, same for today probably and the rest of the weekend:(

My warranteed road bike is ready to pick up, it seems my blue '03 is now a bright red '05 with brand new matching fork.
That was a fast turnaround on the warranty replacement wasn't it?

What company were you dealing with?

MMcG said:
Morning BV - had a really fun ride with Laura, IAB And MBC last night. I think we covered 20 miles at a pleasant pace. Laura was riding her hybrid bike and she did great. I think she's hooked as she commented several times that evening that she had a blast but that it would have been an even better workout if she had the proper equipment for the ride.

and good news - the patio table fit in my explorer so now we'll have a place to sit and eat tonite!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
loco said:
I like it well. It did have some high resonance sound when I hit a bump last night and I am not sure if it is the frame or Co2 in my seat bag. It is stiffer, laterally than the other frame was. All in all, I like it a lot. It fits exactly the same as my old frame.
What was your old frame? This new one is steel correct?

J

JRB

Wumpus said:
Had a good ride at the local trail yesterday even though the humidity was around 100%. :dead:

Got home and had absolutely no water pressure. A quick check revealed that the hot water line had broke. It is an easy fix, but I hate having to crawl under the house.
Bummer - what time will you be at my house?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
MMcG said:
That was a fast turnaround on the warranty replacement wasn't it?

What company were you dealing with?
Specialized. They had the frame ready at the shop in 3 days, took the rest of the time to swap the components over. Have to say I'm happy with the response and even happier I did not find the bad head tube on a 50 mph decent :dead: :dead:

J

JRB

Echo said:
Ever hit any sweet jumps with it?
I found a bunch of different ND t-shirts last night. I didn't buy them, but I found them. They had the ramp and the liger.

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
Mornin'. My Moab pics are going to trickle in. I got some pics off the digital camera last night. Most of the actual riding pics are on film, and are being developed right now.

Had some help packing. Thanks dog!

Camp 1 was beautiful. Hunter Canyon.

You'd better go into town and get help. I think I'm stuck.

Camp 2 was even better. Moonflower Canyon.

You broke your bike again, eh? Good job jackass.

I attempted to scan some photos, already developed, here @ work. Our scanner doesn't work so well. This will have to serve as a teaser for now. The photomat is gonna put all the images on a cd for me.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Westy said:
Specialized. They had the frame ready at the shop in 3 days, took the rest of the time to swap the components over. Have to say I'm happy with the response and even happier I did not find the bad head tube on a 50 mph decent :dead: :dead:

Damn that's wicked fast customer service - and yeah that is a very good thing that you didn't find the bad HT while flying down a hill!

With customer service like that - Specialized moves up a little bit higher on the list of possible road bikes for Laura.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Looks awesome Rockland, can't wait to see the rest!! I never get sick of seeing Moab. :drool:

As for me....I'm here...at work...but nothing will get done today. As of 4pm today, I am on VACATION!! Then tomorrow at 6am, I head to the island mon!! :cool: Sun, sand, surf and herbal refreshment await!! :evil:

MudGrrl

AAAAH! Monkeys stole my math!
Mar 4, 2004
Boston....outside of it....
douglas said:
I'm going to see him on the 29th... Woo HOO!

Last night I saw Garbage with some friends.

Shirley Manson got hauled off stage by the DC cops after she flashed us.

(I think it was part of the show...but am not completely sure).
:think:

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
Morning all.

Have to go out and buy a whole new drivetrain for the Kona today, broke the deraillieur knucke last night when I clipped a rock on a DH section of trail. Yes, the psylo on it is fine.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Rip said:
Morning all.

Have to go out and buy a whole new drivetrain for the Kona today, broke the deraillieur knucke last night when I clipped a rock on a DH section of trail. Yes, the psylo on it is fine.
I thought the Kona was a single speed set up?? :confused:

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Rip said:
Morning all.

Save your money and buy a third microwave.

tartosuc

Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
montreal
MMcG said:

good morning to you all,

@Mmcg
Good to hear that Laura is hooked! did you get that schwin yet?

J

JRB

Wumpus said:
9am

No working on your bike in the morning so change out the bars, grips, tires, seatpost, seat and rims tonight.
Uhm - you started it with the grips thing. :eviltongu

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
MMcG, that's awesome that you've got Laura into riding. I've threatened my girlfriend with a similar fate this summer :D

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
McGRP01 said:
Looks awesome Rockland, can't wait to see the rest!! I never get sick of seeing Moab. :drool:

As for me....I'm here...at work...but nothing will get done today. As of 4pm today, I am on VACATION!! Then tomorrow at 6am, I head to the island mon!! :cool: Sun, sand, surf and herbal refreshment await!! :evil:

please take pics, especially of any interesting items you see on/at the beach :D

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
MudGrrl said:
Last night I saw Garbage with some friends.

Shirley Manson got hauled off stage by the DC cops after she flashed us.

(I think it was part of the show...but am not completely sure).
:think:
Either way, that's worth the price of admission right there!!! :drool: I :love: Shirley Manson!!

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Saw Dave Attel over in Raleigh a few months back. Met him after the show......of all places---in a bar!!! Nice guy. Had to buy him the obligitory Jagrmiester shot. His act is halirious when he's on. A good crowd helps too.

freightGOD

Monkey
Jan 26, 2002
Atlanta, GA
Good Morning all...

Just picked up my truck from the shop...yea!

Received my tickets for Music Midtown/ATL 2005....3 days of music smack in the middle of downtown Atlanta....should be fun!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
douglas said:
he's playing boston this weekend ($35 a ticket, yow!). he had a funny line in the globe today, something to the effect that he likes to watch Girls Gone Wild vids backwards, because then it appears that they have learned their lessons. :D

hit the gym last night, and it was proabably a solid 2 weeks since the last visit. the rowing machine and weights were not my friends, but i managed anyway.

today looks to be the last decent weather day, so maybe i can get out a bit early and ride my local trails from my house. will be a good weekend to clean the basement, organize the bike stuff which my kids have strewn all over creation, and get ready for the PC build. all the stuff came in as planned yesterday. woot woot!