Quantcast

$$Good Friday Morning$$

J

JRB

I put my Bilsteins on and they are nice. It's still a little rough, but handles so nicely. The front right was hell to put on. I lubed the bushing on the left with soap and it went right on. I changed the fuel filter too. Saved over $150 in labor. :thumb: Gonna go ride with Wumpus tomorrow and go see Robert Earl Keen if I can still get tickets.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Binary visions has copyrighted the "bling bling" version of the GMT. He'll be contacting his lawyer to sue your infringing ass.

Me and stosh were going to hook up for a ride tomorrow morning, but it's going to RAIN RAIN RAIN.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
loco said:
Gonna go ride with Wumpus tomorrow.
I hear the drag boat races are this weekend. They used to shut the park off to car traffic, but I don't know if they still do. Does me good to ride from the house, anyway.

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
G'mornin...office politics are fun. I brought donuts in today to cheer the team up. Yesterday, termination was threatened for anyone "caught abusing the company IM policy". :rolleyes:

Okay fine...none of us are safe...cuz all of us use it for personal and work reasons - it's easier to talk to my mom in IM and work at the same time through lunch than it is to leave my desk and talk to her on my cell phone for 45 minutes. :D

Had a great ride with Snacks last night...sure was a klutz though ;).

Climbing planned for the weekend (yayyy) - looks like we're heading up to a crag near Whistler where I can lead some easy routes. :thumb:

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
Snow Hall, tweakin on math
loco said:
.................. and go see Robert Earl Keen if I can still get tickets.

damn, you texicans have all the good music just out for the taking down there, while we up here in the great white north, have to make special travel plans to do excursions like that

I am now inspired to go eat a steamin', greasy plate of enchiladas with a guacamole salad

PonySoldier

Monkey
May 5, 2004
Woodland Park Colorado
[QUOTE...I am now inspired to go eat a steamin', greasy plate of enchiladas with a guacamole salad..[/QUOTE]

Excellent, that song will now be stuck inside my Melon for the rest of the day..

J

JRB

Cooter Brown said:
damn, you texicans have all the good music just out for the taking down there, while we up here in the great white north, have to make special travel plans to do excursions like that

I am now inspired to go eat a steamin', greasy plate of enchiladas with a guacamole salad
Don't forget to leave a quarter tip.

J

JRB

Wumpus said:
I hear the drag boat races are this weekend. They used to shut the park off to car traffic, but I don't know if they still do. Does me good to ride from the house, anyway.
We can always ride from the hotel. But, your house is ok, too. What time? Not too early, I hope.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
got out of work too late for the spin class, did some rowing (beat my best time for 5000m), treadmill and weights circuit. it's pretty mind-numbing (the machines). i tihnk i need to put new tunes on my mp3 player.

watched the celts lose (i think...went to bed before it was over). my plan is to not be in this chair by 5PM.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
I smacked my derailleur while practicing skinnies on a curb on my way home from work. Then spent about 30 minutes bending it back into some semblance of shape and readjusting everything. sram x.7 derailleurs could use a meatier piece of steel in the parallelogram. It started life straight and I folded it into a c-shape on the curb. It was pretty easy to bend back. I doubt it will live through another curb smack though.

Then I mowed the lawn and took the dog for a walk. She's learning "heal" this week and is doing pretty good - that is until we saw ducks - then she went beserk.

Beautiful pictures ROCKLAND...

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning! Supposed to be a nice day today so I am hoping to get out for a quick 2-lap sprint at Mud Pond (base of Spier Falls). I rode there last night and it is fun and fast!!! Had an awesome solo ride last night. I started at the base of Spier Falls and rode up to the saddle ...tough climb, but I definately needed to blow off some steam from the week at school.

Busy weekend, gotta plant a ton of trees (picking them up on the way home tonight) and make a birthday cake and entertain the inlaws while trying to get some riding in between the raindrops.

Rockland - those pics are AWESOME! I really want to ride there someday :thumb:

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
ROCKLAND said:
While pumping over 100 Gal of water out of my basement last night, I managed to gather up a couple more Moab photos.
Very nice pics. I really want to get out there someday.

You should have started a separate thread for your Moab pics instead of having them buried in a GMT thread. :cool:

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
loco said:
We can always ride from the hotel. But, your house is ok, too. What time? Not too early, I hope.

Seems pointless to me to drive downtown to ride a mile on the pavement to the park. It's four miles from the house.

I'll meet you wherever you want.

I'd like to be riding by 10 at the latest.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Jr_Bullit said:
G'mornin...office politics are fun. I brought donuts in today to cheer the team up. Yesterday, termination was threatened for anyone "caught abusing the company IM policy". :rolleyes:

Okay fine...none of us are safe...cuz all of us use it for personal and work reasons - it's easier to talk to my mom in IM and work at the same time through lunch than it is to leave my desk and talk to her on my cell phone for 45 minutes. :D

Had a great ride with Snacks last night...sure was a klutz though ;).

Climbing planned for the weekend (yayyy) - looks like we're heading up to a crag near Whistler where I can lead some easy routes. :thumb:
Dude, you did great for not riding in a week! Those trails are hard. Plus you made it over the curb at the end of the ride :)

Have fun climbing this weekend :cool:

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
i went riding last night. a little local single track. My lights were working just fine and i swear this tree.. just jumped out at me. I rode for another 45 minutes or so. Got back to my car and took a look at my arm. my long sleeve t was saturated with blood. when I took it off blodd was coming out all over. Ok over to the ER!!!
3 hrs and 13 stitches later i am home. it was 2:45 am and i need to be up at 4 for work. so yes ... Happy friday morning. I guess after all it is better than last night in the emergency room

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
I Are Baboon said:
Binary visions has copyrighted the "bling bling" version of the GMT. He'll be contacting his lawyer to sue your infringing ass.

Me and stosh were going to hook up for a ride tomorrow morning, but it's going to RAIN RAIN RAIN.
dont worry about the rain, he would have bailed anyway.

my weekend is going to be pretty packed. party tonight, urban comp tomorrow, party tomorrow night, work all day sunday. i have been trying to win tickets to the Black Crowes show for tomorrow night here in town but i havent won them yet. i would buy some if they werent 40 bucks each plus service charge.

Robert Earl Keen puts on a very good show by the way. lots of fun. i love redneck women.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
biggins said:
dont worry about the rain, he would have bailed anyway.

my weekend is going to be pretty packed. party tonight, urban comp tomorrow, party tomorrow night, work all day sunday. i have been trying to win tickets to the Black Crowes show for tomorrow night here in town but i havent won them yet. i would buy some if they werent 40 bucks each plus service charge.

Robert Earl Keen puts on a very good show by the way. lots of fun. i love redneck women.
Your avatar sucks....

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
...little late joining the GMT - too busy writing limericks, I guess (oh yeah, and working ;)). Had some great spicy italian sausages last night, with some sauteed peppers and onions. Got a couple of really nice strip steaks for tonight which I'm looking forward to.

Went out to the bar last night and played a little pool. I'm pretty rusty :dead: - it's funny how fast your pool skills can go downhill when you don't play very often.

J

JRB

Just ordered my tickets for the show. They charged me $2 for a service fee, which I don't understand since it it their damned ticket office. Oh well, I still get to see Kevin Fowler and Robert Earl Keen for $32. It's a 4 hours show. Wumpus - you want to go???