Quantcast

~~Good Friday Morning!!~~

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
Morning :stosh:.

It's beautiful here right now and it's the first weekend of this month that it isn't going to rain. Have a class from 10-11:50 today, then off to the trail head.

Tomorrow: riding
Sunday:Riding.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Pinch flats or thorn holes?

What tires are you running? Is the sidewall thin/weak? I've found that some tires are much more prone to flatting than others - part of the reason why I really like my contis.
They are pinch flats, I can change the tires I have on now by hand, I don't even need a tire lever, I've never seen that before.

Anyway I'm putting on the Kenda's tonight for tomorrows ride.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Rip said:
Morning :stosh:.

It's beautiful here right now and it's the first weekend of this month that it isn't going to rain. Have a class from 10-11:50 today, then off to the trail head.

Tomorrow: riding
Sunday:Riding.

Have fun man! take some pics too!

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
They are pinch flats, I can change the tires I have on now by hand, I don't even need a tire lever, I've never seen that before.

Anyway I'm putting on the Kenda's tonight for tomorrows ride.
You're putting the Kenda's on - what have you been running? I've I had an extra set, I'd let you try my contis - they are awesome!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
You're putting the Kenda's on - what have you been running? I've I had an extra set, I'd let you try my contis - they are awesome!
I've been running some Maxxis that came with the bike. I wanted to give them a whirl before I put the Kenda's on.

I know I like the Kenda, so thanks for the offer but I'll pass.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
It's this biker/college bar in Syracuse... awesome steaks and ribs - good waitresses (er, service) too!
Man I went to this one bar in down town Syracuse, the bathrooms were behind a bookshelf, it took me like 20min to find them. It was f'ing cool!

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
whats up people!!!! its friday!!!!!!!

raining here pretty heavily right now.. hopefully it will slow down, I forgot my rain jacket...that suks..

Heidi if your calf starts to look bruised I would go to the doctor.. otherwise give it a day.. Im glad to hear they found the sourse of your pain

Stosh .. try a different tire.. otherthan that your gonna have to pull a wheelie for the duration next time you ride

Diablo diablo diablo.. rumors have it will be open this weekend.. Im hoping to get there.. i have to go to a bar though... to raise money or something on sat... and a b-day party ... and a bbq so its gonna be tough...
enjoy the weekend !!!!! :)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
hooples3 said:
whats up people!!!! its friday!!!!!!!

raining here pretty heavily right now.. hopefully it will slow down, I forgot my rain jacket...that suks..

Heidi if your calf starts to look bruised I would go to the doctor.. otherwise give it a day.. Im glad to hear they found the sourse of your pain

Stosh .. try a different tire.. otherthan that your gonna have to pull a wheelie for the duration next time you ride

Diablo diablo diablo.. rumors have it will be open this weekend.. Im hoping to get there.. i have to go to a bar though... to raise money or something on sat... and a b-day party ... and a bbq so its gonna be tough...
enjoy the weekend !!!!! :)
you gonna be at Diablo on Sunday?

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Hi folks!!

Seems like forever since my last confessio......errrr, GMT. Been in upstate Va. for the last week learning some new engineering software for my company. Just got back in the office this morning. Lots of numbers, figures, processes, and shortcuts still spinning around in my head. The whole event had this eerie, Breakfast Club feel to it---we were sequestered away in a tiny little room for 10 hrs a day with no windows and an "instructor" who did nothing but read the paper all day. Talk about self-applied learning.......why was he even there? Anyways......I'm back, and as soon as my day ends, I'm heading up to the mountains with the little lady for a little R&R for the weekend. Wooo-hoo!!!!! :)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Greyhound said:
Hi folks!!

Seems like forever since my last confessio......errrr, GMT. Been in upstate Va. for the last week learning some new engineering software for my company. Just got back in the office this morning. Lots of numbers, figures, processes, and shortcuts still spinning around in my head. The whole event had this eerie, Breakfast Club feel to it---we were sequestered away in a tiny little room for 10 hrs a day with no windows and an "instructor" who did nothing but read the paper all day. Talk about self-applied learning.......why was he even there? Anyways......I'm back, and as soon as my day ends, I'm heading up to the mountains with the little lady for a little R&R for the weekend. Wooo-hoo!!!!! :)
wow have fun! You camping or get a hotel?

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
jacksonpt said:
It's this biker/college bar in Syracuse... awesome steaks and ribs - good waitresses (er, service) too!
Hey Jackson - Happy Birthday - oh, and there's a Dino BBQ in NYC now - 131 street - right off of the West Side bike path!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Mackie said:
Hey Jackson - Happy Birthday - oh, and there's a Dino BBQ in NYC now - 131 street - right off of the West Side bike path!
I've been dying to ride the west side bike path. I'll have to come down sometime.

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
stosh said:
I've been dying to ride the west side bike path. I'll have to come down sometime.
You can pretty much loop the whole island. Great day of riding.
If you go, make sure to swing by the Cloisters. If you have not been, i'm sure that you would dig it, given your occupation.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Mackie said:
You can pretty much loop the whole island. Great day of riding.
If you go, make sure to swing by the Cloisters. If you have not been, i'm sure that you would dig it, given your occupation.
well maybe you can show me around.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning! Just got back from my morning ride. 16 mile out-and back (10 of which is on dirt road) in about 1 1/2 hours. Felt good! I think I'm finally starting to hit my stride as far as training goes. :) Went with my neighbor Jim who's on my 24-hour team for Dalton. He's one of those sick individuals who lives to climb, and just grinds it out like a machine. Well, I smoked him on the big climb of the day!! Yeehhaaawww!!! :devil: Felt so good!!! :D Anyway, today I'm doing some work around the house, gotta scrape, prep and paint the front porch and "modify" one of my Thule trays to accept disk brakes and then going to a pre-rehearsal dinner party to drink some beers around 4pm. Trail maintenance tomorrow morning and DHing at West Mtn. tomorrow afternoon and then (as I'm sure you all know by now) our clubs big event on Sunday. Hope the weather holds out, it's about 70 and sunny here today.

Have a good day all! :)

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
N8 said:
My daughter's 5th grade school play is this morning.

:)
cool.

i rode to and from school yesterday (25 min x 2, same as monday, tuesday) but added to that 1.5 hours of basketball and 1.5 hours of racquetball. and a pin test, 40 minutes/50 questions of naming what section of brain has the pin in it or what that section does. i was dead by the time i spun home.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
stosh said:
wow have fun! You camping or get a hotel?

Sorry for the delayed response.....been busy putting aforementioned software training to work. Lots of this: ....*tap, tap, tap*........"sh*t!" *edit/undo previous action* *tap, tap, tap* "WTF?" *edit/undo previous action*.....

To the question at hand though, we're staying at a cabin one of our friends own. Beautiful place, real peaceful. Looking forward to just sitting on the deck, chilling out and enjoying the wide open space as opposed to the Rubick's Cube of a room I've been sitting in for the last five days.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Greyhound said:
Sorry for the delayed response.....been busy putting aforementioned software training to work. Lots of this: ....*tap, tap, tap*........"sh*t!" *edit/undo previous action* *tap, tap, tap* "WTF?" *edit/undo previous action*.....

To the question at hand though, we're staying at a cabin one of our friends own. Beautiful place, real peaceful. Looking forward to just sitting on the deck, chilling out and enjoying the wide open space as opposed to the Rubick's Cube of a room I've been sitting in for the last five days.
nice take pics!!!

I'm looking forward to camping in June.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Mackie said:
No, I would think you were a little sad though, trying to score so far out of your league.
I'm beautiful, you know. :rolleyes:
Um thats great to know... now... moving on!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Heidi said:
Yah, I opted to get just the local anesthesia so they just injected something in my spinal cord that numbed me from like the mid torso down. They also gave me something that made me feel like I'd had 3 martinis so I was a bit loopy, but I got to watch the whole thing on a big screen. The Dr. cruised around with a little drill thingie and when he got to the backside of my kneecap his exact words were, "WHOA, well, I can tell you weren't faking this pain." My reply, "No ****." :) What I saw looked like a jellyfish. You know how all their tentacles hang down and then they can open them all up? Well the cartliage looked like that instead of being a smooth surface. So he "drilled it down" and got ride of all the flaps.

Now I just have to worry about blood clots. My calf this morning hurts like hell and it really shouldn't...I'm worried.
:eek: Yikes!!! I hope you heal up fast and don't have any complications.