Quantcast

~~Good Friday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

I had an f'ing great ride last night. I see now how riding with people who are better than you pushes you and helps you to be a better rider.

I had a first last night, I had my first over the bars ride. I was riding thru a fairly smooth part of the the trail when I guess my front tire picked up a LOG and managed to not only get it to span across the fork but also managed to pick up my front brake cable in it's rotation, well some how it simotaniously (sp?) ripped my front brake cable off the caliper and stopped my front tire dead in it's tracks...... so over I went! Luckly it was a nice soft trail so my shoulder doesn't hurt to bad today. :)

Anyway I'm looking forward to heading out this weekend a couple times and I hope you all have a great day and a great weekened!!!!

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
group XC ride: free
pizza, beer: $10
chicks showing off their tatoos: free
doing shots of tequila w/a chick that won two solo 24 races this year: priceless

:D

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
douglas said:
group XC ride: free
pizza, beer: $10
chicks showing off their tatoos: free
doing shots of tequila w/a chick that won two solo 24 races this year: priceless

Did you tell her "I'm Dalton Doug Biatch"?

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh

Not much to report on today... starting to feel a bit better... might try to do an easy ride this weekend... don't want to lose too much ground this close to MBW.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Mornin Stosh

Not much to report on today... starting to feel a bit better... might try to do an easy ride this weekend... don't want to lose too much ground this close to MBW.
Yeah I'm still trying to gain ground.... I don't know how I'm going to keep up with you guys by then....

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
stosh said:
Congrats guys!! Got anything special planned?
Dinner and/or a movie. We were going to do a road ride, but I'd rather just kick back and relax on our anniversary. :)

BTW, Dalton Doug is coming over tomorrow for Saturday MTB and Sunday MS Tour. :thumb:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
Dinner and/or a movie. We were going to do a road ride, but I'd rather just kick back and relax on our anniversary. :)

BTW, Dalton Doug is coming over tomorrow for Saturday MTB and Sunday MS Tour. :thumb:
Nice! So he'll be third wheelin on your anniversary weekend!!!

J/K

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
Yeah I'm still trying to gain ground.... I don't know how I'm going to keep up with you guys by then....
eh, I wouldn't worry about it. None of us are going to know the trails, so that will help to level the playing field a bit. Echo will be fast... but he's pretty cool - he won't mind waiting for you, er, us.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning Monkeys - I'm trying to draw up some last minute pledges of support from my co-workers today for the MS Bike Tour. Weird - nobody from my immediate group of co-workers has made a pledge. Maybe they don't like me. :think:

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I Are Baboon said:
Happy anyversary !!

I Are Baboon said:
woot!

so who all is riding Saturday?

I just need to: get my (road bike) wheel from the lbs, replace my (Mtn bike) pedals (ended up riding on a spindle yesterday) & swap out my rear brake

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Happy Anniversary MBC and IAB! :)

Did a trail ride with Tweek, Squid, Crashby and another homeboy last night. Good times!

Today is a rest day, tomorrow I'm gonna do about 70 hilly road miles :dead:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Echo said:
Happy Anniversary MBC and IAB! :)

Did a trail ride with Tweek, Squid, Crashby and another homeboy last night. Good times!

Today is a rest day, tomorrow I'm gonna do about 70 hilly road miles :dead:
Tell Squid I said hi!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MMcG said:
Morning Monkeys - I'm trying to draw up some last minute pledges of support from my co-workers today for the MS Bike Tour. Weird - nobody from my immediate group of co-workers has made a pledge. Maybe they don't like me. :think:
Maybe if you were COOL they would like you more.

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
Morning :stosh:

Replaced the bottom bracket yesterday and first ride on it, the deraillieur decides to break in two, decided to do the smart thing and go back to singlespeed. Going home today , will be home tomorrow, and will be back up in NH midday Sunday, then will head down with bike to Mass.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
phil said:
morning stosh hows your sholder?
it's tight but useable.

Hey man thanks a lot for fixing the hose last night. Hey my front brake is making a horrible screeching noise when I brake. You think the pads may have gotten brake fluid on them?

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
MtnBikerChk said:
THANKS.

you, me, iab, mmcg, laura and 4 people mark recruited - 1 from work and 3 friends. One of the guys coincidentally is half owner of the shop we go to.

on Saturday?

(or are those the peeps riding Sunday?)

phil

Monkey
Jun 15, 2002
stosh said:
it's tight but useable.

Hey man thanks a lot for fixing the hose last night. Hey my front brake is making a horrible screeching noise when I brake. You think the pads may have gotten brake fluid on them?
I dont think they did,what you want to do is losen up the bolts that hold the calliper to the addapter spin the wheel hit the brake and tighten the bolts up while you are still holding the brake on this should line up the calliper to the rotor.if it still makes the noise let me know and i will file your pads and clean your rotor.it looked ok last night but you might have had a drip or two get on it,its nothing to worry about we'll get it .

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
MMcG said:
What's up with that??

I am not drumming up as many pledges as I had hoped. I am going to fall way short of my $350 goal. Looks like I'll be closer to $150.

J

JRB

stosh said:
How could you say that and not be wearing your anniversary party hat?
I'm preparing for CIJ. I am not taking the hat off for an anniversary.

Drunken_Ninja

Turbo Monkey
Aug 25, 2002
Hangin' with Riggs and Mertah
i went to a street concert last night. couldn't understand 30% of the lyrics but they had alot of energy. it was an energy picker uper like at a ski resort trash the club owners party. their web site is busted

some new punk band at a kieffer sutherland walk of fame inductee party. they played lost boys but i enjoyed the soundtrack to that for like the first 10 minutes before leavin.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
phil said:
I dont think they did,what you want to do is losen up the bolts that hold the calliper to the addapter spin the wheel hit the brake and tighten the bolts up while you are still holding the brake on this should line up the calliper to the rotor.if it still makes the noise let me know and i will file your pads and clean your rotor.it looked ok last night but you might have had a drip or two get on it,its nothing to worry about we'll get it .
I wasn't to worried about it, I figured worse case I would have to replace the pads.

I wanted to look at the pads anyway because I know I chewed thru a lot of them at MTN Creek.

Man it was f'ing loud though when I tooled around at my apt after I got back.

I'm gonna take it out on the road tonight for about 10min down some hills and see if I can't wear thru it.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
douglas said:
oh, and one of the chicks showing her tatoo was Treesaw !!!
FARK!!! I knew I should have gone!! :mumble: :D

Goodmorning! Did nothing last night.

Tonight I'm riding with Goddy43. Taking him on a tour of the trails around my house. Should be a good 15 miles or so.

Tomorrow morning I'm running a 5k. I haven't run at all so far this year, so it'll be interesteing to see how my endurance base is just from doing a lot of biking. I placed second in my class last time I ran this race so I have some motivation to do well. After that the wife and I are taking our daughter to one of her friends b-day party. Should be a hoot!

Sunday I'm racing at Plattekill. Busy weekend for me! :)

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning all! For some reason our system is really slow and my posts keep timing out and never appear :confused: At any rate, had an ok ride last night with douglas and the Mosley crew, followed by pizza, drinks and some tatoo viewings :devil:

Today is a long day at school for me so I will probably hit the trainer and spin for a little while when I get home.

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
yo.

Had a good night of trail building last night in the rain. Had a shiddy morning riding the train as Im still recovering a bit from a little crash on Sunday so I'm not pedalling in...plus it's friggin raining these last couple o days. :mumble: I guess we need it pretty bad, though. I hate the train. I was borderline mowing people down with the AK that I dont have

My b-day on sunday so I get beer and pizza for lunch today :cool: :D