Quantcast

~~Good Friday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

Well my annual Uber Party is tomorrow. I still can't find something to have a campfire in. My landlord won't let me have it on the grass but I can use one of the elevated firepit things... problem is they are all over $100.

By the way anybody who would like to come to our party Saturday is more than welcome. PM me if you're interested.

So.. what does everybody have planned for the weekend?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Been feeling really really tired this week. Went to the gym to see if I could wake myself up, it helped a bit. Plan on doing some riding this weekend and might try doing some rock climbing.

Have you thought about just getting a big pile of cynder blocks and building a firepit from them, it should stop the grass from burning, a spare chunck of drywall should help too.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Westy said:
Been feeling really really tired this week. Went to the gym to see if I could wake myself up, it helped a bit. Plan on doing some riding this weekend and might try doing some rock climbing.

Have you thought about just getting a big pile of cynder blocks and building a firepit from them, it should stop the grass from burning, a spare chunck of drywall should help too.
Actually that is Plan B at this point. I have a bunch of the flat cynder blocks and some of the deep ones as well.

MudGrrl

AAAAH! Monkeys stole my math!
Mar 4, 2004
Boston....outside of it....
stosh said:
I can use one of the elevated firepit things... problem is they are all over $100.

By the way any money who would like to come to our party Saturday is more than welcome. PM me if you're interested.
wow.
you're just using us, huh?
:)
You don't actually want our company... you just want one of those firepit thingies....

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Westy said:

I know the feeling, at times I could hardly stay awake.. The gym helped. I'll be going today!

No major plans for the weekend......just chillin and doing school work.....

Ordered my body armor. I went with the rockgardn. Killer deal at cambria bikes.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
w/e = short work day today (1:45), getting my roof fixed, going for a long road ride w/H. Mosley & crew, maybe cruise up to Lake George, my sis is having a BBQ, finish building up my Hollowpoint

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning. Crappy night last night. I got a call from my wife that she had 2 flat tires on her car. Really wierd, it's like the rubber was just real old and cracked. So, we put 4 new tires on the Subaru. $$$$ = ouch! :dead: Kinda set off a chain reaction of events that ruined our plans for the whole evening. Oh well...whatcha gonna do?

Brought the bike to work with me today. Planning on riding with a group of guys from the club after work tonight, but severe thunder storms are in the forcast for this afternoon, so we'll have to cross our fingers.

Going to a retirement party for a friend's dad tomorrow and then a 4th 'o July bash at my place on Sunday. Should be a good weekend. Oh, and the 4th is my anniversary as well... 8 years of wedded bliss! :love: Who'd a thunk we'd make it this far! :D

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
stosh said:
How is everybody today?

Well my annual Uber Party is tomorrow. I still can't find something to have a campfire in. My landlord won't let me have it on the grass but I can use one of the elevated firepit things... problem is they are all over $100.

By the way any money who would like to come to our party Saturday is more than welcome. PM me if you're interested.

So.. what does everybody have planned for the weekend?
So you invited my wallet and not me huh? :p

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MudGrrl said:
wow.
you're just using us, huh?
:)
You don't actually want our company... you just want one of those firepit thingies....
bwahhhhhhhhhhh
I edited it. Whoops!!!

Thanks!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
robdamanii said:
Hanging with bluebug and her cousin until Saturday, mid day, then heading home to visit with the family for a couple days.

First part is ok, second part is blah.
Hey man how's it going?

When do you think you'll be able to get down here to ride again?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
manhattanprjkt83 said:
Morning everyone, I am just trying to get through work so i can get down to Monster Park in snowshoe! Cant wait!
Wow man! Have fun and take pics!

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Stosh, you have no idea how many pics i am coming back with, i have a media badge, a 2gb card and some long wide angle "glass" to shoot with bad news is that i wont be able to get images up til tues evening, so mon morn all...

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
stosh said:
Hey man how's it going?

When do you think you'll be able to get down here to ride again?
It's going well. Trip killed me in the time change.

I'm guessing after next weekend she may be well enough to get out and ride again. She's still fairly tired and run down, so we'll see. The fact of not being on a bike in nearly 4 weeks though....that is tough.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
manhattanprjkt83 said:
Stosh, you have no idea how many pics i am coming back with, i have a media badge, a 2gb card and some long wide angle "glass" to shoot with bad news is that i wont be able to get images up til tues evening, so mon morn all...
fine I won't be on the net till Tuesday probably either.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
robdamanii said:
It's going well. Trip killed me in the time change.

I'm guessing after next weekend she may be well enough to get out and ride again. She's still fairly tired and run down, so we'll see. The fact of not being on a bike in nearly 4 weeks though....that is tough.
Oh yeah Beth is sick... duh I totally forgot.
So you guys had fun a Mohonk?

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

Things are just barrelling into hyperspeed this week. One week to go before the wedding, and I don't know wether to scratch my watch or wind my butt. Trying to get a crapload of work out and done before I leave this weekend, cause(lucky dog) I'm gonna be gone from work for two weeks!! :cool:

Yeppers, when 4:30 hits, I'm spinnin' tires outta here. :p

I also have my bike up for sale, and met a really nice local rider yesterday that was interested in buying it. Might try and get that taken care of this weekend as well. Also forgot to mention that my friends are throwing me a bachelor party this Saturday.... :angry: Not that I don't appreciate the sentiment, but I've had a 32-year long bachelor party as it stands......dunno if I can stand anymore, but I guess they're gonna give it a go. I overheard something about 6mm plastic and whipped cream, so who knows what they have up their sleeve. :evil:

Well......after this weekend, I won't be around for a bit until we get back. So, if I don't get to post much this weekend, I'll catch y'all around sometime mid-July. Later, taters!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning Monkeys

Went for a little spin on the Ted Wojcik last night - I love that bike.

Weather isn't so hot today.

I'll probably scan the web for used FS frames a bit today and then we get out of work early at 2.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MMcG said:
Morning Monkeys

I'll probably scan the web for used FS frames a bit today and then we get out of work early at 2.
So you're getting rid of your HP?

Let me know what you want for the frame.

I was supposed to get out early today at 3pm but I have a meeting at 2pm so I don't think that is going to happen.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
the wife had tennis so i was w/ the boys last night, which was fine by me. haven't seen 'em all that much since i left for CA last week. they played around in the driveway w/ the garden hose, splashing each other. i took the advantage to put my transport bike rack carriers in the right direction (had 'em mounted wrong so the thing that holds the tire was interfering w/ the latch that secures the rack in either the upright or horizontal position). @ N* i noticed how acadian had his rack set up, and realized i made a mistake. all good now. :D

got hte kids in bed by 9 and then installed my new (replacement) DVD burner. that was a snap, and started using it to archive the library once more.

not too much planned for the long weekend. am thinking of braving traffic and visiting my dad down in falmouth, but only for a day so i am not sure it'd be worth it. gonna have a bbq on monday w/ my mom, stepdad and in-laws. maybe i will get a bit of riding in one day too.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
stosh said:
Oh yeah Beth is sick... duh I totally forgot.
So you guys had fun a Mohonk?

Ahhh, that wasn't her and I. That was for her mom's retirement. I was on a plane for 11 hours at that point.

She had fun, I had fun, and this week we had fun together. Wish we could drop by and say hi tomorrow. Perhaps a barbeque at some point in the future.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh.

I've got all my work done for the day, so the bordem has ensued. Should make a for a long day. Might run over and buy a fishing license on my lunch. Might also go pick up our boat (been in the shop for a month).

Pretty tired these days - Sean has been going to bed late and getting up early... so I'm really dragging. I acutally fell asleep in the Dentist's chair yesterday. Fortunately, not while they were working on me, but while they were waiting for the novicane to kick in.

Nothing planned for tonight... tomorrow we are talking about spending the day on the lake (Cayuga)... some fishing, some beer, lots of relaxing... or at least as much relaxing as can be done with 2 kids. Would like to get in a road ride if there's time.

Sunday it looks like I'll be riding. I'm trying to get the final details worked out (when, where, who) for a fairly substantial ride... all trail riding, 25ish miles, 3-4 hours. Hopefully things come together and it works out.

Monday I have my bro's college gradiation party (oh joy). Hoping to ride if I can get away for a couple of hours.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
MBC and I took the day off. We just got back from a big fat breakfast (I had three eggs, bacon, a large buttermilk pancake, hashbrowns, and coffee). Mark, we went to the Harvest. :)

We'll probably head to the gym soon, then maybe see the new Batman movie later today.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
jacksonpt said:
Mornin Stosh.

I've got all my work done for the day, so the bordem has ensued. Should make a for a long day. Might run over and buy a fishing license on my lunch. Might also go pick up our boat (been in the shop for a month).

Nothing planned for tonight... tomorrow we are talking about spending the day on the lake (Cayuga)... some fishing, some beer, lots of relaxing... or at least as much relaxing as can be done with 2 kids. Would like to get in a road ride if there's time.

Sunday it looks like I'll be riding. I'm trying to get the final details worked out (when, where, who) for a fairly substantial ride... all trail riding, 25ish miles, 3-4 hours. Hopefully things come together and it works out.

Monday I have my bro college gradiation party (oh joy). Hoping to ride if I can get away for a couple of hours.
Say hi to Ithaca for me when you're on Cayuga. Where do you launch your boat from from?

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Heh, just fired the computer up. Came into work to find that the power had been off since 7:20 am. Messed around a little, talked to people, took a nap, went and got a sub, its been a fairly relaxing day. Combine that with the fact that I get to leave at 2:00 and I'll say that its gonna be one helluva day. Besides, I got a date tonight. WOOO! ;)

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
robdamanii said:
Say hi to Ithaca for me when you're on Cayuga. Where do you launch your boat from from?
Usually Long Point. A friend of a friend has a cottage not far from there - he's kind enough to let us use the cottage almost whenever we want.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
MMcG said:
Morning Monkeys

Can I interest you in a Specialized Enduro Pro? :p

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
MMcG said:
Guess that whole, "Maybe I'll just ride what I've got for a while" thing got a bit boring huh? ;)

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
stosh said:
So you're getting rid of your HP?

Let me know what you want for the frame.

I was supposed to get out early today at 3pm but I have a meeting at 2pm so I don't think that is going to happen.
Where have you been Stosh?

I already sold the HP frame to someone on AllezY.net