Quantcast

~~Good Friday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

It's f'ing rainy here....
Anybody got plans for the weekend? I'm heading to PA to see my grandma and go to her chuch block party. Nothing like some good old Polka and fried Polish food to get the heart moving.

splat

Nam I am
Morning !

Went to Nerologist yesterday , and all the test results came back Negative and the MRI"s were all Normal. so Now I have a Boat load of more blood tests they want to run. and Mean while I havethis headache that I have had for almost 2 weeks! and it is getting pretty dam annoying !!! and they don't want to give me anything under fear that it will mask the tests they are doing.

so Last night I did my Thursday Night ride ( first time back on bike since Dalton) I was slow as expected , and any real jolting/rocky area Sent pain through my shoulders neck , I lasted a bout 2 hours before bailing, I was actually happy I went that far.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
splat said:
Morning !

Went to Nerologist yesterday , and all the test results came back Negative and the MRI"s were all Normal. so Now I have a Boat load of more blood tests they want to run. and Mean while I havethis headache that I have had for almost 2 weeks! and it is getting pretty dam annoying !!! and they don't want to give me anything under fear that it will mask the tests they are doing.

so Last night I did my Thursday Night ride ( first time back on bike since Dalton) I was slow as expected , and any real jolting/rocky area Sent pain through my shoulders neck , I lasted a bout 2 hours before bailing, I was actually happy I went that far.
Damn man. Sometimes you want the docs to find something just so you know what the damn problem is so it can be treated. :(

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
splat said:
Morning !

I'm confussed?

I thought they said you had lyme disease, as long as it was early on -antibiotics and time is the cure, correct?

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
My sis from Boston will be in town for the w/e......hit the bars tonight, doing a small BBQ Sat.

Sunday's plan = group road ride

splat

Nam I am
douglas said:
I'm confussed?

I thought they said you had lyme disease, as long as it was early on -antibiotics and time is the cure, correct?
the Firast test for Lyme came back positive , but is a multi- stage test ( I guess when Stage 1 says its Negative , its negative, but when its poitive , they have to continue on ) and the later stages of the lyme test came back negative .

and yes caught early on Anti-boitics atre the cure .

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Sorry to hear about the illness Splat.

In my world, I am turning 19. Its funny, I feel old. Its hard to imagine what its like being 30. ;) . No rides planned, unless I can get out tomorrow morning. Might take my grandfather to a flea market to see if we can pick up an old road bike for me to fix up. I miss pedaling around, and if I can score something that is a fixer upper for mebbe 25-30 bucks, I'll consider it a deal. And being anti-social (or just lacking a social life) I have no other plans.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I've got no real plans this weekend. I've got a hockey game tonight, but that's about all I have planned. The remains of storm Cindy are suppose to make tomorrow pretty crappy weather wise, but hopefully wifey and I can ride Sunday.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning - went out last night for just a fun little ride on the Ted Wojcik, played with Bailey and he got to play with Hershey, the dog down the way in our building. They have fun together.

Surfed the web, looked at bikes (I can't help myself!), even surfed Pink Bike's buy and Sell! :help: :)

My son Liam is sick with a fever and vomiting - poor guy. This weekend is his big baseball tourney weekend. I actually hope it rains like crazy so he can rest up some more.

Splat, hang in there my friend.

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
This week has kinda sucked for geting rides in. I haven't rode since sun. I'll be able to get a good trail ride in Sat. I'm gonna DH @ Attitash on Sun. I did send away my Fox fork to Push for some surgery. Also picked up one of these bad boys last night. For on the trail work, or close quarters combat.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Went mountain biking last night. A passing front kept the temps down and the wind blowing. :thumb:

I wished we could get a little wet stuff. It hasn't rained in over a month.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Splat - Yikes! I hope they can figure everything out and you start feeling better soon!

Stosh - congrats! Can't wait to see a pic of it.

For me, I am hoping tt dodge raindrops long enough to get a short ride in today...fingers crossed....then I have to hit the grocery store as we have no milk or bread, fruit or fresh veggies left :( Other than that, not an exciting weekend planned.

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
morning all. congrats stosh on taking the step. My birthday is on sunday so I'm going to go out sat night and my friends have something planned for me on sunday, but nobody will tell me what dammit. my roommates make it sound like people are just coming over, but other friends are just being sneaky. I like suprises, but I hate knowing they're coming. Hopefully it won't rain too much so I can get some riding in. Oh I should be bike shopping for a friend and his wife so I can get them into mountain biking. Perhaps I can get them to come to monkeyfest....

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Crazy Sweeper said:
morning all. congrats stosh on taking the step. My birthday is on sunday so I'm going to go out sat night and my friends have something planned for me on sunday, but nobody will tell me what dammit. my roommates make it sound like people are just coming over, but other friends are just being sneaky. I like suprises, but I hate knowing they're coming. Hopefully it won't rain too much so I can get some riding in. Oh I should be bike shopping for a friend and his wife so I can get them into mountain biking. Perhaps I can get them to come to monkeyfest....
Sweet! Have a happy birthday! :D

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Polandspring88 said:
Uh huh, I see how it is. He gets a happy birthday and I dont? That hurts. That really really hurts. :(
Thats because you were making fun of all the over 30 people on here. :D :D :D :D

Sorgie

Monkey
May 20, 2005
Rochester
Mornin'!
Splat- I hope you feel better soon. I can't even imagine having a headache for that long. Maybe you need a massage. Your muscles could be all tight from the race.

Stosh- Congrats! Getting married was the best thing I ever did (most days :devil: :p )

I can't wait for this weekend. It's the big Geneseo Summer Festival. Tonight- chicken BBQ, Sat.- who knows, Sun.- classic car show and WW2 air show. Probably my favorite non-biking weekend of the whole year.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Crazy Sweeper said:
Happy early birthday. I'll ring a bell for you on Sunday.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Sorgie said:
Mornin'!
Splat- I hope you feel better soon. I can't even imagine having a headache for that long. Maybe you need a massage. Your muscles could be all tight from the race.

Stosh- Congrats! Getting married was the best thing I ever did (most days :devil: :p )

I can't wait for this weekend. It's the big Geneseo Summer Festival. Tonight- chicken BBQ, Sat.- who knows, Sun.- classic car show and WW2 air show. Probably my favorite non-biking weekend of the whole year.
thanks man!!!

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
I Are Baboon said:
This is true, but you are broke while we can buy whatever the hell we want. :monkey:
Yep. The perks of being an adult; although I am not doing too badly this summer. Just so my contributions to this thread are not completely pointless...

Splat, feel better, I need you to show me nam sometime.

Stosh, congrats, but you still owe us pictures.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
splat said:
till you have kids
doesn't stop brian ;)

splat, sorry to hear of yr medical condition. hang in there!

stosh, congrats on the ring. when will you unleash it? the ring, i meant.

did a ride @ lynn woods last night, and it was good until my buddy pinch-flatted, and realized neither of us had tubes and he only had one patch. doh!

then when i got home i made some totally tasty lamb chops. seared 'em on both sides, put on a mix of dijon mustard, garlic and red wine vinegar, then popped 'em in the oven long enough for me to make some sauteed swiss chard w/ sh!ttake mushrooms and garlic. absolute delicious!

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
narlus i know the feeling. i was on a ride out on the drop trail when i had the pleasure of pinch flatting my rear tire. now that wouldnt be so bad if i had parked over on route 1, but, i parked at the ball field. lemme tell you, its a long hike from the water tower/skull rock area back to the ball field. oh yea, and it was in 95 degree heat.

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
'mornin. My sh!t is tired. I've ridden the bike in to work everyday this week :D while having really crappy sleep (combined with staying up late). Last night me and a buddy finished making a new trail ride-able for this afternoon. :cool: Big-azzed mattock + big azzed rock = sore wrists today :(

Not much planned for this weekend. Just hanging with the GF :love: (who might be buying a Prophet 800) Maybe go for an easy hike somewhere.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Polandspring88 said:
narlus i know the feeling. i was on a ride out on the drop trail when i had the pleasure of pinch flatting my rear tire. now that wouldnt be so bad if i had parked over on route 1, but, i parked at the ball field. lemme tell you, its a long hike from the water tower/skull rock area back to the ball field. oh yea, and it was in 95 degree heat.
WTF is with people riding without spare tubes? :confused: