douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
stosh said:
I'm F'ing busy!!!!!

Theres a 1st for everything

I am 99% sure I am not doing the darkhorse, going to Pedro's instead

The one guy I directly manage (the only other IT guy besides me), his last day is today.........this sucks big time, it will take many, many months to train someone else enough that I can take a freakin day off :dead:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
splat said:
Morning Stosh.

Last night got out and took some pictures of The Mt bike ride I usualy do. ( see the Picture thread for evil:bota

Barely made it out of the woods before it got pitch black.

Next week I should be back riding again.
Yeah, you'll be riding down here the following week.

jollytime

King of the Kingdom
Jul 1, 2003
Vermont
douglas said:
Theres a 1st for everything

I am 99% sure I am not doing the darkhorse, going to Pedro's instead

The one guy I directly manage (the only other IT guy besides me), his last day is today.........this sucks big time, it will take many, many months to train someone else enough that I can take a freakin day off :dead:
I have heard the you IT guys know how to clone yourselves...

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Yo.

Did a little trail work yesterday......fuk'in hot out there. Spent about two hours out there and was soaked when I got done!! Poor dog was looking at me like "Yo, I'm wearing a freakin' FUR coat over here......!" Also had about five of either baby ticks or deer ticks crawling on me. Couldn't tell which one they were.....they were really, really small---like smaller than a pin head, small. That was even after I had a shower....clingy little fukers they were. So I marinated myself in DEET for about an hour and pulled all of them I could find off me and then another shower. Hope I don't die.

Some bike parts came in yesterday afternoon. That always makes me happy. Funny thing.....UPS and FedEx pulls up at the same time in my driveway. I had to go out and make sure there wasn't going to be a rumble or nuthin'........ :p

Been here at work since 5:00 this morning.........damn the day is dragging. Just counting the time down until the GMT thread shows up. Won't leave here until around 5:00 this evening either....work, work, work. More $$ for bike parts, though.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Shot well last night, one round went 24 for 25. So close, not bad considering I only picked up trap shooting this year.

I think Krylon Clear Enamel Coating has some sort of anti-drying compound in it, either that or it is not drying to spite me.

Might head up to Bolton Valley with a few guys for their DH/Freeride weekend. Should be a good time if I manage to head up that way.

edit: I do not feel like doing work today. So I do not think I am going to, rather, just sit here and relax. :cool:

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning! We (myself, MBC, Laura, Mark) went for a nice 24 mile road ride last night. MBC and I are going for an MTB ride this morning (Case Mtn)...after pancakes.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
splat said:
Morning Stosh.

Last night got out and took some pictures of The Mt bike ride I usualy do. ( see the Picture thread for evil:bota

Barely made it out of the woods before it got pitch black.

Next week I should be back riding again.
Let me know if you guys head out some night next week that is not a Thursday. Well, maybe Thursday will work, but I have to see. I should have my hardtail up and running by then and it would be nice to hit Nam with some guys who know where they are going.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Did a mtb ride last night but just didn't have it in me. Legs were fatigued beyond belief and the heat just overwhelmed me. I'd been doing pretty well in the heat up until last night. Then just to add insult to injury I got my first flat in forever. I wanted to just go lay in the creek at that point.

Got a busy Saturday. Doing a metric century tomorrow morning (probably a bad idea) then the Panthers have fan fest at the stadium around noon, then the Bank of America Crit is tomorrow night.

jollytime

King of the Kingdom
Jul 1, 2003
Vermont
Polandspring88 said:
Might head up to Bolton Valley with a few guys for their DH/Freeride weekend. Should be a good time if I manage to head up that way.
The weather is supposed to be stellar up here this weekend!

Did a short dirt road ride last night with Mrs. Jollytime to stretch out the legs. Not sure what we are up to this weekend, however, I am sure riding will be involved. Our contractor is supposed to have our deck framed and, well decked today, so We will likely spend some time sitting out on the deck, grilling veggies and sipping cold beverages! Fair season is starting so we might hit the Danville fair tonight! :cool:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning - had a good ride last night with IAB, MBC and Laura as IAB already mentioned. I thought I was going to feel like crap last night out on the roads, but I felt great! Nothing like getting out on the bike - it's the best remedy for a stressful day. :thumb:

This weekend is a kids weekend. However on Sunday I'll be headed to the Albany area to drop the boys off at their Aunt Karin's - they'll be staying there next week.

So if any of you Albany or Saratoga Monkeys are riding on Sunday - please let me know as I can bring my bike and my gear with me and maybe join you.

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
stosh said:
I'm F'ing busy!!!!!
Well, the wife is picking up the kid tonight, so hopefully I'll get out for a couple of hours on the road bike. Hope we don't have thunderstorms like yesterday... that would be bad.

Anyway, mostly a family weekend after that (2 birthday parties for 1 year olds this weekend :eek: ) But I may be able to sneak in another ride sunday morning.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Polandspring88 said:
Shot well last night, one round went 24 for 25. So close, not bad considering I only picked up trap shooting this year.
Is this like a league, or something? Not being a smart-ass......I like to shoot traps(skeet, if you're from the South) and was curious as to how you guys have things set-up. Elaborate if you could.

Polandspring88 said:
I think Krylon Clear Enamel Coating has some sort of anti-drying compound in it, either that or it is not drying to spite me.
Give it at least a week. It takes way longer than you think.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
MMcG said:
Morning - had a good ride last night with IAB, MBC and Laura as IAB already mentioned. I thought I was going to feel like crap last night out on the roads, but I felt great! Nothing like getting out on the bike - it's the best remedy for a stressful day. :thumb:

This weekend is a kids weekend. However on Sunday I'll be headed to the Albany area to drop the boys off at their Aunt Karin's - they'll be staying there next week.

So if any of you Albany or Saratoga Monkeys are riding on Sunday - please let me know as I can bring my bike and my gear with me and maybe join you.

I'm not sure if I will be at Pedro's Sunday or not, so your best bet is to call me before you head over this way.......(I'll definitely ride with ya if I am not at Pedro's)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Polandspring88 said:

edit: I do not feel like doing work today. So I do not think I am going to, rather, just sit here and relax. :cool:
Think it might be due to humidity?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
MMcG said:

Sweet!!! I can PM you my phone number and if you want to ride, I am sure we can get something together. Maybe Douglas will come up and join us as well ;)

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Greyhound said:
Is this like a league, or something? Not being a smart-ass......I like to shoot traps(skeet, if you're from the South) and was curious as to how you guys have things set-up. Elaborate if you could.
Not a league or ATA(American Trap Association) actually. Not owning my own gun, or belonging to a club, I go as a guest of my boss. He lets me use one of his guns along with the ammo he reloads. Pretty much we just shoot with whoever decides to show up.

Greyhound said:
Give it at least a week. It takes way longer than you think.
So I have noticed. It was clearcoated on Monday or Tuesday, and I think it will probably sit until Sunday or Monday untouched. Kind of deceiving though since the can says it is dry to the touch in 30 minutes. :rolleyes:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Morning! Had a long day yesterday. Decided to go to the Great Escape (amusement park) with my disabled brother and twin sisters. Rode a few rides and spent quite a bit of time in Splashwater Kingdom (their waterpark). Finally got home and made some dinner and did dishes and laundry. Today I am riding with the normal group after work and have a load of mulch in the back of the truck that needs to be put in the landscaping. This weekend is chill around the house, make sure everything is ready for Deck Party and ride a bit. :thumb:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
douglas said:
morning!

is the xc ride at spier? or ?
Deck Party XC ride is probably at Stables (not sure of the ability to climb of our whole group...but that could change quite easily) and I am hoping to start about 10am (unless people need more travel time then we can start at 11am). I'm quite flexible. I will try to get a more defininte answer settled on this week.

This weekend we could be talked into Spier, but we'd probably want to start at the bottom :devil: and we can ride at whatever time is convenient...I would think afternoon if MMcG is coming to town.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Greyhound said:
Also had about five of either baby ticks or deer ticks crawling on me. Couldn't tell which one they were.....they were really, really small---like smaller than a pin head, small. That was even after I had a shower....clingy little fukers they were. So I marinated myself in DEET for about an hour and pulled all of them I could find off me and then another shower. Hope I don't die.
Yeah, those things are the worst! I live in one of the worst counties for them in the country and I've had to yank on some of them just to get them off my body. I've already been tested for Lyme disease once and I really don't want to have to be tested again!!

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
TGIF everybody!! got my first ride with my new fork tonight. Then I'm going dancing with a few girls I know. Got a morning ride and a barbecue sat, and taking some newbies out for a ride sunday. busy weekend that's what I like.

Poland-pick up a hygrometer from walmart or home depot. humidity is sometimes tricky at lower temps. It might not feel humid, but it probably is. Humidity is usually the biggest problem with paint. either you got some bad paint, or it is actually humid. just my 2 cents.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning! I'll be working all weekend. Sucks. I'll probably ride after work on one of those days. Big night tonight though!! My daughter is staying over at Gramma's house so the wife and I are headed out for a night on the town!! See if we can find a decent steak in the City of Saratoga and then going to see the Hot Buttered Rum String Band (www.hotbutteredrum.net) at E. O'Dwyer's Pub after. :thumb: Live Bluegrass always makes me happy! :)

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
TreeSaw said:
make sure everything is ready for Deck Party
Hey! Rob and I are definitely coming. We just need directions. We'll be coming up from Albany Sat. morning. I'm not sure where the company's putting us up for the night (either the Desmond or Marriot), but I know the area very well, so getting there shouldn't be a big problem. Let me know what time is good for us to show up too. Can't wait! Anything we should bring?

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh.

My week of hell is finally all but over, and today should be a breeze. I'm debating about whether I should take the Quest over to the LBS to see if they can find out why I'm having so many flats or just buy a new set of tires and see if that accomplishes anything.

I'd like to get some time on the Yeti this weekend but it doesn't look good for biking this weekend. Next weekend we leave for vacation (read: parenting in a different location, not really a vacation), so this weekend will probably be spent doing crap around the house.

*sigh... I miss my bikes*

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
jacksonpt said:
........... so this weekend will probably be spent doing crap around the house.

*sigh... I miss my bikes*

I dont miss my bikes (ie cause I have been riding plenty) BUT my pool is green :rolleyes:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
bluebug32 said:
Hey! Rob and I are definitely coming. We just need directions. We'll be coming up from Albany Sat. morning. I'm not sure where the company's putting us up for the night (either the Desmond or Marriot), but I know the area very well, so getting there shouldn't be a big problem. Let me know what time is good for us to show up too. Can't wait! Anything we should bring?
D'oh...can you PM me your e-mail address again and I will send some to you ASAP! Thanks!

J

JRB

Good morning. This week will continue to be hard on my participation on the monkey.