Quantcast

~~Good Friday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

I'm leaving after work today to go to my cousin's wedding shower thingy in State College PA.

Oh so yestesterday at 4:30 I found out the the primary investor on the project I'm working on is pulling out... or may be pulling out shutting the job down entirely with 75% of the foundations in the ground. This should be an interesting day of meetings.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO

Finally built. Weighs in somewhere around 33-35 pounds I think. Should drop a few pounds once I switch out the tires for something better suited to what I am using it for. I am happy its finally complete, taken me over a month to do it all. Feels really really weird going back onto clipless after 2 or 3 years of riding flats exlusively. I will get used to it, perhaps I will make tonight its maiden voyage.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Polandspring88 said:

Finally built. Weighs in somewhere around 33-35 pounds I think. Should drop a few pounds once I switch out the tires for something better suited to what I am using it for. I am happy its finally complete, taken me over a month to do it all. Feels really really weird going back onto clipless after 2 or 3 years of riding flats exlusively. I will get used to it, perhaps I will make tonight its maiden voyage.
Do you have pnemuatic air drops throughout your house or something? WTF is that piping with the regulator in the background?

PS. No WOK no care!!!

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
stosh said:
Do you have pnemuatic air drops throughout your house or something? WTF is that piping with the regulator in the background?

PS. No WOK no care!!!
We have a large air compressor in the basement. All of that piping connects it to a valve and regulator in the garage.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
Well my camera only has a 1gig card :eek:
I need to get a cheap camera I can toss in my camelbak. I have a Fuji Finepix 5000 and it's to big and to expensive to put in my bag.
Althought I would never want to ruin the fact that people think I don't ride.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Polandspring88 said:
We have a large air compressor in the basement. All of that piping connects it to a valve and regulator in the garage.
nice

Looks like a pretty nice bandsaw as well.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hellloooooo! 'Bout time Friday got here. We had a good ride last night...."we" being myself, MMcG and his chick, MBC, Tonyhawk, and two non-monkey "guides" (we only got slightly lost). We rode a place none of us were familiar with. Lots of fun bridges and drops in those woods. I might actually try a few next time if I can get my freeride mindset going. We also encountered the toughest rock garden I've experienced yet. Laura (MMcG's woman) is really showing improvement! She rode some of the rock garden and was going over logs. Good job, Laura! :thumb: The ride was followed by beer and burgers at a local pub. I'd say beer, burgers and bikes all shared with wifey and friends is a pretty good night. :) My dog is jealous though.

On an unrelated but related topic, I hate getting into the woods, turning on my digital cam to take ride pics, only to see that I left my memory card plugged into the computer at home. :mumble: Guess from now on, I'll keep my spare memory card in my CamelBak at all times.

Rides planned for tonight and tomorrow morning. :)

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
stosh said:
I need to get a cheap camera I can toss in my camelbak. I have a Fuji Finepix 5000 and it's to big and to expensive to put in my bag.

What do you consider cheap? The camera I have is $249. msrp. It is a Nikon CoolPix 5600. It fits in your pocket and what I do like about it is.... When in "sport mode" there is no (noticeable anyway) delay from when you push the botton and the picture being taken. This will result in some blurry pics if you dont steady yourself, but for taking MTB shots it works well.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
I may plan to do a Saturday Richmond ride around Belle Island. I'm firming up plans for the NORBA at Snowshoe the weekend of the 20th..........

Hitting the cardio 4 to 5 times a week!!!!!! droppin the weight and tonin' the muscles!!!

Otherwise same old same old.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
stosh said:

I have a DX3600 I don't use anymore. 2.2 megapixels with a docking station.........

Cheap.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Oh yea, its my last day of work too. :D. Feels kinda good to get out and enjoy myself for one week before the end of the summer seeing as how I have worked non-stop since the end of school. Cape Cod Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday with a friend. Golfing, bike riding, and beach the rest of the days, maybe with a little girl time sprinkled in.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
What do you consider cheap? The camera I have is $249. msrp. It is a Nikon CoolPix 5600. It fits in your pocket and what I do like about it is.... When in "sport mode" there is no (noticeable anyway) delay from when you push the botton and the picture being taken. This will result in some blurry pics if you dont steady yourself, but for taking MTB shots it works well.
I'm looking at MAX $100. I don't need anything super....

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Yo, yo......what up?

Got home from work yesterday and chilled for awhile. UPS man shows up with a package--the photo album from our wedding by the photographer. Awesome!! She did a fantastic job and included a CD with all the images on it for us to print more if we needed to. Later on, the FedEX man shows up with a box of parts for my new build. Just some small stuff---cassette, chain, rear skewer, headset. Gonna order some shifters and a rear derailleur today.

Went out for pizza and beer last night with the wifey and one of our friends. Stuffed, yo. "BUUUUURRRP!" :oink:

Still can't get used to the other side of the bed. No matter how hard I try. Tossed and turned all last night. I'm getting NO sleep over here.........I'm gonna have to lobby for the change-back.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
I Are Baboon said:
Hellloooooo! 'Bout time Friday got here. We had a good ride last night...."we" being myself, MMcG and his chick, MBC, Tonyhawk, and two non-monkey "guides" (we only got slightly lost). We rode a place none of us were familiar with. Lots of fun bridges and drops in those woods. I might actually try a few next time if I can get my freeride mindset going. We also encountered the toughest rock garden I've experienced yet. Laura (MMcG's woman) is really showing improvement! She rode some of the rock garden and was going over logs. Good job, Laura! :thumb: The ride was followed by beer and burgers at a local pub. I'd say beer, burgers and bikes all shared with wifey and friends is a pretty good night. :) My dog is jealous though.

On an unrelated but related topic, I hate getting into the woods, turning on my digital cam to take ride pics, only to see that I left my memory card plugged into the computer at home. :mumble: Guess from now on, I'll keep my spare memory card in my CamelBak at all times.

I have to be real careful going down the mountain with the camera. Now that I have a real good one, I especially want to be careful. It's worth it though, since I can get some nice shots! But carrying that and the camcorder (which I have not done yet) is going to be a bit of a challenge!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:

I wish I wasn't going away this weekend I want to ride so badly.....

That sucks about the memory card, almost as bad as switching batteries and only putting dead ones in.

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
Morning all! going to the deck party after work today. Need to do the dry dance before I go, there's a chance of thunderstorms all weekend in saratoga. Really looking forward to some of Treesaw's good eats, and just having a good time. I'm sure there'll be some new monkeys to meet as well. Hooples you better be there dude.

BTW, Poland awesome job on the bike, looks great. Nice color too.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
sirknight6 said:
I have to be real careful going down the mountain with the camera. Now that I have a real good one, I especially want to be careful. It's worth it though, since I can get some nice shots! But carrying that and the camcorder (which I have not done yet) is going to be a bit of a challenge!
Last time I went downhilling at Mt Snow, my digital cam popped out of my CamelBak twice and took tumbles down the trail. The second time, I didn't realize it until I was at the bottom of the mountain. THANK GOD a very alert Treesaw was riding a ways behind me and spotted the cam on the trail. Since then, I keep my camera attached to my CamelBak with a cord that is long enough to allow me to use the cam and move it around, but short enough to keep it from hitting the ground should it fly out of its pouch.

splat

Nam I am
Morning !

DId a ride last noight on the balstone canal. see pic thread . andthat isthe first ride using my New In-expensive camera. I got a Cannon a310 3.2 mega pixel off of eBay ( used) for $65 . for the very reason wife won't let me takethe good camera in the woods.

Road my road bike into work today , the usual 16 miles. but caught a something in the road and put a small cut in the side wall , so had to stop and fix it. glad that tire was about to be retired any way.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
stosh said:
I'm leaving after work today to go to my cousin's wedding shower thingy in State College PA.
Cool. Stop by my sister's house and help her move the sofa. Thanks. :D

Will you get a chance to ride or hit the bars?

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Morning kids!

Yesterday was a rare "cool" day when I rode afterwork. It was nice to not pour sweat for once. This was a good week of riding for me - mountain twice, road twice and both for a few hours each time. Things are looking up! I leave for vacation tomorrow so more riding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
I Are Baboon said:
Last time I went downhilling at Mt Snow, my digital cam popped out of my CamelBak twice and took tumbles down the trail. The second time, I didn't realize it until I was at the bottom of the mountain. THANK GOD a very alert Treesaw was riding a ways behind me and spotted the cam on the trail. Since then, I keep my camera attached to my CamelBak with a cord that is long enough to allow me to use the cam and move it around, but short enough to keep it from hitting the ground should it fly out of its pouch.
Yeah, I get a bit overly cautious when I have the cam with me on a ride. I normally don’t where my Camelback but on the longer runs, or when I do XC, I usually have the camera in a case, and then in my Camelback.

Thank God I have had the fortune of not having ever dropped it. :thumb:

BUT, there’s always, sadly, a first for everything.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Good times with MBC, IAB, Laura, Matt, Eric, and Tonyhawk at Nassahegon last night. MBC was riding some wicked tough rock gardens like they were nothin! Good job MBC!!

Went to the Wood N Tap afterwards for some good eats and some beers as IAB mentioned. Sat out on the deck which was nice, but it sucks that no smoking bans inside restaurants can't be extended out onto their decks! :mumble:

The couple siting near us must have gone through about 4 cigarettes each during the course of their meal. Blech!

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Heidi said:
Morning kids!

Yesterday was a rare "cool" day when I rode afterwork. It was nice to not pour sweat for once. This was a good week of riding for me - mountain twice, road twice and both for a few hours each time. Things are looking up! I leave for vacation tomorrow so more riding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was perusing around my computer last night and came across a great pic of you involving a tree and you indicating, with two hands I might add, that the viewer of said picture was number one! ;) :p :D

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
MMcG said:
The couple siting near us must have gone through about 4 cigarettes each during the course of their meal. Blech!
I'll tell ya what, there ain't much good to say about living in NY, but you damn sure don't have to deal with smokers in restaurants or bars here :thumb:

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Morning monkeys.

Still trying to doctor up the nasty gash/scrape/whatever on my knee from our Stewart ride. Spent last night dog tired but getting ready to go to SPAC, Hall of Springs, and a night in the Desmond. And tomorrow we're heading for the Deck Party to hang with some more monkeys.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
There is no smoking inside bars or restaurants in CT either Echo - but they can smoke out on decks and patios and whatnot. and if the wind blows right - you get nailed with their crappy smoke.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
BikeGeek said:
Cool. Stop by my sister's house and help her move the sofa. Thanks. :D

Will you get a chance to ride or hit the bars?
Nah... I would love to and I may head out there to catch a football game in the fall at which point I'll try to ride.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
I Are Baboon said:
Hope you have that diet in check too, Ralph. :)
Well, I considered all the diets and came to the conclusion that if getting and/or keeping in shape, involves more "smart" eating more than diet.

In other words, I have a huge bowl of fresh mixed fruit (not syrup, but slightly sweetened with Splenda). I usually have a bowl of oatmeal, and a cup of coffee.

For lunch depends on the menu at work, either a salad or a piece of baked chicken, or a ham salad, or any baked fish or combination thereof. I usually for dinner eat what I want as long as it’s NOT over the top, and on the weekends I can relax a bit. I try to minimize the starch, and actually found myself avoiding potatoes altogether. I tried to avoid at all costs fried foods, but I don’t have an aneurism if I do.

Bottom line is that it allows me to “slip up” every now and again, or eat what I want within reason without the guilt.

I figure I don’t have to cut out protein, or add protein, or starch, but just eating smart

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
sirknight6 said:
Well, I considered all the diets and came to the conclusion that if getting and/or keeping in shape, involves more "smart" eating more than diet.

In other words, I have a huge bowl of fresh mixed fruit (not syrup, but slightly sweetened with Splenda). I usually have a bowl of oatmeal, and a cup of coffee.

For lunch depends on the menu at work, either a salad or a piece of baked chicken, or a ham salad, or any baked fish or combination thereof. I usually for dinner eat what I want as long as it’s NOT over the top, and on the weekends I can relax a bit. I try to minimize the starch, and actually found myself avoiding potatoes altogether. I tried to avoid at all costs fried foods, but I don’t have an aneurism if I do.

Bottom line is that it allows me to “slip up” every now and again, or eat what I want within reason without the guilt.

I figure I don’t have to cut out protein, or add protein, or starch, but just eating smart
You first sentence pretty much sums it up. Looks like you've got it all under control. :) :thumb: