Quantcast

~~Good Friday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
HOw is everybody today? I'm 75% packed for my trip to French Creek PA this weekend. I can't f'ing wait!!! Gonna do some riding and some BBQ'ing.

WHat's everybody else got on tap?

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Sounds like some sweet riding stosh be sure to post some pictures!!!! :D

Good morning all. I already feel like I've rejoined 'the system' by having a routine EVERY DAY :p although it is just school... Anyways, yesterday or the day before or something (GMT hasn't been up before I leave lately) I ORDERED MY NEW 2005 INTENSE M3!!!!! :evil: :cool: :thumb: Sooooo stoked to get it. Should be in Monday. Um, school's actually not too bad, I'm actually allowed to go off for lunch this year, just gotta watch what I eat so I don't eat a bunch of crap everyday seeing as how school cuts down riding time a lot. The classes are all fairly interesting so far and are definitely going to be challenging so that's cool. Well, that's all :) Have a good weekend everybody. Hopefully I can get some riding in on the roadie or go DJing...

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
did a group road ride last night, the A group was cooking, I was dropped about 5 times but fought back (with the help of stop signs).......it was tough but fun.

33.5 miles / 20.3 mph avg ..........plus 7 miles commuting to/from start point

my legs felt pretty toasted last night

no big plans for the w/e..........maybe the track (saratoga) sunday

I also was thinking of taking a cruise (20 or so miles) on the road bike to Lebanon valley speedway to watch the drag races, maybe bring the camera and get some redneck pics for DHG

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
This week seemed to go by fast. I suppose that happens when work is busy as hell.

Busy weekend on tap: Picnic tomorrow at one of MBC's friend's. Not sure what our evening plans might be. Sunday we'll take our pup to the ballfield with a bunch of other greyhounds and let them run wild. We're hoping to ride after that.

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
Today I am hittin up a BBQ with some of my buddies. Then the weekend is going to be straight up trailbuilding with some other people from the ROC.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
COmtbiker12 said:
Sounds like some sweet riding stosh be sure to post some pictures!!!! :D

Good morning all. I already feel like I've rejoined 'the system' by having a routine EVERY DAY :p although it is just school... Anyways, yesterday or the day before or something (GMT hasn't been up before I leave lately) I ORDERED MY NEW 2005 INTENSE M3!!!!! :evil: :cool: :thumb: Sooooo stoked to get it. Should be in Monday. Um, school's actually not too bad, I'm actually allowed to go off for lunch this year, just gotta watch what I eat so I don't eat a bunch of crap everyday seeing as how school cuts down riding time a lot. The classes are all fairly interesting so far and are definitely going to be challenging so that's cool. Well, that's all :) Have a good weekend everybody. Hopefully I can get some riding in on the roadie or go DJing...
Nice man make sure you post pics of the new bike!!

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Morning monkeys.

Renegades were amusing last night. Beat the SI Yankees (Yankees of any kind suck, BTW) one of the two games. The most amusing parts of the game were the stroller races, the Smithwick's in a plastic cup with a snap on lid, and the poor bastard who got a foul ball in the windshield of their nice Chevy Tahoe.

The weekend...hrm. I think we're staying in tonight and relaxing, and then tomorrow we may head for Stewart for a ride. We may also hit Overlook and research a few things. Who knows.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Mornin' all. I'm on call for the next week, so weekend is kinda fooked. Going out with the wife and a few friends for din tonight, gonna go to the zoo manana.

Hopefully will be able to get 4 days riding to work next week. Weather's been perfect for commuting as of late.

Well, except for that downpour on Tuesday afternoon. :mumble:

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
I am greatly enjoying my week off as you can see from my lack of posting. Monday and Tuesday I spent down on Cape Cod caddying for one of my friends who played in the Massachusetts Public Links. I got lobster and steamers outta it, so I can't complain. Wednesday I went out and golfed with my dad. That was nice, except I wanted to push one of the guy we were paired with in a marsh. Wouldn't shut up. Yesterday it was the bike path that runs from Ayer to Nashua. Pretty nice path if you ask me, slightly over 24 miles round trip. And today its off to the beach!

Tomorrow is my last day here, then its back off to college on Sunday.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Polandspring88 said:
I am greatly enjoying my week off as you can see from my lack of posting. Monday and Tuesday I spent down on Cape Cod caddying for one of my friends who played in the Massachusetts Public Links. I got lobster and steamers outta it, so I can't complain. Wednesday I went out and golfed with my dad. That was nice, except I wanted to push one of the guy we were paired with in a marsh. Wouldn't shut up. Yesterday it was the bike path that runs from Ayer to Nashua. Pretty nice path if you ask me, slightly over 24 miles round trip. And today its off to the beach!

Tomorrow is my last day here, then its back off to college on Sunday.
You ride your new hardtail yet?

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
robdamanii said:
Morning monkeys.

Renegades were amusing last night. Beat the SI Yankees (Yankees of any kind suck, BTW) one of the two games. The most amusing parts of the game were the stroller races, the Smithwick's in a plastic cup with a snap on lid, and the poor bastard who got a foul ball in the windshield of their nice Chevy Tahoe.

The weekend...hrm. I think we're staying in tonight and relaxing, and then tomorrow we may head for Stewart for a ride. We may also hit Overlook and research a few things. Who knows.

overlook bike shop in woodstock??

want some training? bike up overlook mountain.....want to make it tougher, start in town and ride the road up to the trail head.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
douglas said:
overlook bike shop in woodstock??

want some training? bike up overlook mountain.....want to make it tougher, start in town and ride the road up to the trail head.
Bingo, Overlook MTB in Woodstock.

Not familiar with the Overlook mountain trail. Perhaps we should check it out.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
robdamanii said:
You ride your new hardtail yet?
Yea, it rides pretty well except I need to take the DH tires off. That and the fact that the rust-o-leum clearcoat is the biggest hunk of junk ever. Second you clamp something down on it with any bit of pressure it goes away. So I have a few places on the frame where there is no clearcoat due to the bike rack.

SkaredShtles said:
So you had a week off and you spent it golfing and riding the bike path?

NO SOUP FOR YOU!!
Had to include my dad as well. I will be getting out and riding some dirt tomorrow hopefully if my older brother doesn't cancel on me, which with his past is more likely to happen than not.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
robdamanii said:
Morning monkeys.

I can't believe you're going to Stewart without me. :)

That Beth sure is a trooper!!

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Hi there!

***Yawn***

Been at work since 5:00 this morning, so it feels like it should already be lunchtime, but it's nowhere near it. Today is just draggin' big-time!! 'Supposed to be heading up to the mountains for the weekend after work, but I might need a nap before that happens. It's only a two-hour drive, so we can leave pretty much anytime. Plan on doing a little hiking and a lot of laying around doing NOTHING!! :heart:

Yesterday afternoon went by sooooo fast, man. Got my hair cut after work and had planned on doing some flyfishing before dark at my parents house, but before I knew it, darkness started taking hold fast. I have no idea what I was doing that wasted that much time......but apparently it just slipped by without me noticing. Don'tcha hate it when that happens?

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
robdamanii said:
Bingo, Overlook MTB in Woodstock.

Not familiar with the Overlook mountain trail. Perhaps we should check it out.
how's your cardio? 1400ft gain in 2.5 miles on a dirt road, no break, just up, up, up.....most people hike it, up top is an old hotel and a firetower, going down is fast, as fast as you want to go w/o killing your self or the hikers

even if you dont ride it, being you will be so close you should drive to the trailhead so you can check out the temple across the street

http://www.localhikes.com/Hikes/overlook_0000.asp

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
It's part of the Catskills I think and it's STEEP!
If douglas is calling it a "training" session, just think of it as if you were the donner party crossing the Sierra Nevadas.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
douglas said:
how's your cardio? 1400ft gain in 2.5 miles on a dirt road, no break, just up, up, up.....most people hike it, up top is an old hotel and a firetower, going down is fast, as fast as you want to go w/o killing your self or the hikers

even if you dont ride it, being you will be so close you should drive to the trailhead so you can check out the temple across the street

I hiked that when I was like 15. There is some great hiking and some great waterfalls after you hit the top and head down the other side. My uncle actually wrote a book about some guy's dog who jumped off the falls on the other side.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
douglas said:

Yes, I have been up there actually. My car didn't even enjoy driving to the trailhead! The temple's pretty cool though.

Rob, that's the mountain we started to climb when we were testing the road bikes. That's the easy part, however.

Aug 2, 2005
The Island
This is a huge weekend out on MV. Yesterday the wife, myself and some friends hit up the Ag. Fair and had our yearly allotment of greasy fair food. Tonight is the big fireworks display up in OB. So we'll be out on the beach with the grill and coolers full of ice cold beer. It should be a great time.
Of course I'll be out on the trails and fire roads saturday morning.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
bluebug32 said:
Yes, I have been up there actually. My car didn't even enjoy driving to the trailhead! The temple's pretty cool though.

Rob, that's the mountain we started to climb when we were testing the road bikes. That's the easy part, however.
Oh jesus. I think maybe we'll pass on that one and go for some nice twisty single track.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
robdamanii said:
Oh jesus. I think maybe we'll pass on that one and go for some nice twisty single track.
As long as you said twisty because you know how you are on the straight stuff!!!

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Not much going on this weekend (finally!). Tonight we're heading to we're headed to the magazine's best winner for best beer list to drink up and take some pictures. Then, as Rob mentioned, we'll check out some end of the season sales at the LBS. I would really like to pick up a road bike so I can build up my endurance over the fall and winter.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning all. Spent yesterday walking around the local amusement park with my sisters and brother. It was SO beautiful, I couldn't bear to be indoors. Today I need to pack up our stuff as we're headed out to the Rochestar area for a friend's 30th birthday party and to celebrate my birthday with the family. I am hoping to ride this weekend too, but not sure what the plans are just yet. Other than that, I have to put an order together for school this morning and do some paperwork :(

Oh, and I am trying to convince the husband to go to a Yo-Yo-Ma and the Philly Symphony concert tonight and then ride (as I will be driving) out to his folks afterward. I even told him we could ride afterwork, grab a quick shower and he can choose dinner...fingers crossed....we'll see what he decides.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
TreeSaw said:
Morning all. Spent yesterday walking around the local amusement park with my sisters and brother. It was SO beautiful, I couldn't bear to be indoors. Today I need to pack up our stuff as we're headed out to the Rochestar area for a friend's 30th birthday party and to celebrate my birthday with the family. I am hoping to ride this weekend too, but not sure what the plans are just yet. Other than that, I have to put an order together for school this morning and do some paperwork :(

Oh, and I am trying to convince the husband to go to a Yo-Yo-Ma and the Philly Symphony concert tonight and then ride (as I will be driving) out to his folks afterward. I even told him we could ride afterwork, grab a quick shower and he can choose dinner...fingers crossed....we'll see what he decides.
Are you looking to get to the Philly Philharmonic at SPAC?

What's their program for tonight?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
Not much going on this weekend (finally!). Tonight we're heading to we're headed to the magazine's best winner for best beer list to drink up and take some pictures. Then, as Rob mentioned, we'll check out some end of the season sales at the LBS. I would really like to pick up a road bike so I can build up my endurance over the fall and winter.
You should go to Darkhorse on Saturday. :) They aren't open on Sunday's.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
robdamanii said:
Are you looking to get to the Philly Philharmonic at SPAC?

What's their program for tonight?
Yeah, I had some tickets given to me and it would be a shame to waste them.
Tonight's performance:

The Philadelphia Orchestra
GALA WITH YO-YO MA
Chalres Dutoit, conductor
Yo-Yo Ma, cello

RAVEL Suite from Mother Goose
HAYDN Cello Concerto in C Major
STRAUSS Don Quixote

And, I am going to miss tomorrow's grand finale (The Orff is one of my favorite pieces to perform and/or experience):

GRAND FINALE
Charles Dutoit, conductor
Chantal Juillet, violin
Nancy Allen Lundy, soprano
Stanford Olsen, tenor
Stephen Powell, baritone
Mendelssohn Club of Philadelphia, Alan Harler music director

RANJBARAN Violin Concerto
ORFF Carmina burana

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
TreeSaw said:
Yeah, I had some tickets given to me and it would be a shame to waste them.
Tonight's performance:

GALA WITH YO-YO MA
Chalres Dutoit, conductor
Yo-Yo Ma, cello

RAVEL Suite from Mother Goose
HAYDN Cello Concerto in C Major
STRAUSS Don Quixote

And, I am going to miss tomorrow's grand finale (The Orff is one of my favorite pieces to perform and/or experience):

GRAND FINALE
Charles Dutoit, conductor
Chantal Juillet, violin
Nancy Allen Lundy, soprano
Stanford Olsen, tenor
Stephen Powell, baritone
Mendelssohn Club of Philadelphia, Alan Harler music director

RANJBARAN Violin Concerto
ORFF Carmina burana

Nice musical selection. Haydn and Strauss are going to be very good, judging by what we heard the night before the DP.

Stosh: That was actually bantered around as well. They're open until 6?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
robdamanii said:
Nice musical selection. Haydn and Strauss are going to be very good, judging by what we heard the night before the DP.

Stosh: That was actually bantered around as well. They're open until 6?
Yeah 6 on Saturday.

Check out his website at www.darkhorsecycles.com

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
robdamanii said:
I generally go to see them a few times over the summer as I know one of the cello players (and his wife used to play piano as well)...they rarely disappoint!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
robdamanii said:
Nice. Beth wants to check out Specialized roadies, so it may be beneficial to go down and spend some time there.
Go for it man, George is a nice guy and if it comes up tell him I sent ya there.