Quantcast

~~Good Friday Morning!!~~

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
GumbaFish said:
robert randolph is playing here at syracuse university in one of the parking lots. i still have to get a ticket but if its sold out i plan to somehow get into the area where they are playing or just ride my bike around in the street and listen to some great music.
Sounds great! Syracuse usually gets some pretty good concerts. What year are you in school?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
We're actually going up to Seneca Falls to get Rob settled and ready to start school.

The ampitheatre looks really nice though.

Sorry we weren't up for the ride last night. I'm not usually one to cancel at the last minute. This week has just been a terrible combination of medical stuff (see my mudhunnies thread) and closing an issue at work. I'd love to try to ride next week when things should be much more settled down. We just won't plan it so far ahead :)
Cool, I think I'm gonna try to get Loonatic to come and ride with us on Tuesday.
Hopefully we'll have enough light.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
stosh said:
Cool, I think I'm gonna try to get Loonatic to come and ride with us on Tuesday.
Hopefully we'll have enough light.
I'll let you know. This issue is getting dragged out at work, so I may not be able to get out in time, but we'll talk when it gets closer. I miss riding with you guys :)

J

JRB

Good morning, bitches.

The TX Trail Docs are getting married, so I will be going to their wedding.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
loco said:
Good morning, bitches.

The TX Trail Docs are getting married, so I will be going to their wedding.
I have no idea who you are talking about but have fun!

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
argh...I hate dealing with my HMO :angry: at least I can surf the monkey while I'm on hold.

And work ends at 12:30 today....booya.

Stosh, you sure you don't want to play hooky and come ride with us??

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
argh...I hate dealing with my HMO :angry: at least I can surf the monkey while I'm on hold.

And work ends at 12:30 today....booya.

Stosh, you sure you don't want to play hooky and come ride with us??
I wasn't aware that today was a hooky day... sorry, you should have said something earlier!

PS. HMO's suck!!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
morning. last day of work for a bit, but a busy week upcoming. gotta fly to DC for an FDA presentation (and yay! i get to do the presenting.... :dead: ) but then i hop on a plane and head to ireland (via paris) for a party (our facility which i worked on gained european regulatory approval).

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
GumbaFish said:
I'm a senior bluebug...how'd those 3 years go by so damn quick, o well perhaps i can extend it another 2 years in grad school :thumb:

What are you studying?

And, yes, time goes by so quickly when you're in school. I went to school in Ithaca, so I was up in Syracuse a lot visiting friends at SU.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Senôr Lopez said:
No word one way or the other yet??? That sucks!!! I'm guessing the people at your current job don't know you're out there shopping your services around?
Nope my current employer doesnt know at all...i was supposed to hear back last friday, but i never did. I am 3 interviews in, and im assuming that if they didnt hire me, they would atleast send me an email telling me so...

I hear that alot of companies take foreeeeeeeever to do hire like this so i guess i just have to wait...anyone

no news = good news (or am i losing my mind)?

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
manhattanprjkt83 said:
Nope my current employer doesnt know at all...i was supposed to hear back last friday, but i never did. I am 3 interviews in, and im assuming that if they didnt hire me, they would atleast send me an email telling me so...

I hear that alot of companies take foreeeeeeeever to do hire like this so i guess i just have to wait...anyone

no news = good news (or am i losing my mind)?
no news = not bad news

it suks cause here you are waiting waiting waiting...
and they are going about their ordinary business with out a care in the world.. meanwhile your stressing.. oh well best of luck!!

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
yeah i almost went to ithaca and i have a bunch of friends between there and cornell. I'm studying environmental biology with a focus on wildlife studies. hoping to get a job doing research somewhere cool where i can be outdoors for a job, doesn't get much better then that. I actually go to E.S.F. if you know what that is, its a campus right next to the carrier dome adjacent to the SU campus that focuses entirely on environmental and forestry studies. state school prices, private school education. its amazing SU kids don't even know we're here..i guess they never noticed and entire college campus about 30 feet from their own.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
GumbaFish said:
yeah i almost went to ithaca and i have a bunch of friends between there and cornell. I'm studying environmental biology with a focus on wildlife studies. hoping to get a job doing research somewhere cool where i can be outdoors for a job, doesn't get much better then that. I actually go to E.S.F. if you know what that is, its a campus right next to the carrier dome adjacent to the SU campus that focuses entirely on environmental and forestry studies. state school prices, private school education. its amazing SU kids don't even know we're here..i guess they never noticed and entire college campus about 30 feet from their own.
I've known some people who've gone to ESF. It's funny having that major in Syracuse on one of the most polluted lakes. Do you get down to Ithaca to do outdoor stuff? It's hard to find places to ride without doing an extreme uphill!

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
yeah onondoga is the 2nd most heavily polluted lake in the world i believe. i remember a couple of years ago they had a crew competition there and in the paper there was a picture of the team who won (who was from nowhere around CNY) and they were celebrating and splashing in the lake. i cracked up when i saw that, if they only knew. haven't gotten down to ithaca yet to ride but i would like to since i hear they have some pretty good trails within a short distance of there.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
GumbaFish said:
yeah onondoga is the 2nd most heavily polluted lake in the world i believe. i remember a couple of years ago they had a crew competition there and in the paper there was a picture of the team who won (who was from nowhere around CNY) and they were celebrating and splashing in the lake. i cracked up when i saw that, if they only knew. haven't gotten down to ithaca yet to ride but i would like to since i hear they have some pretty good trails within a short distance of there.
I have a theory that this is where the Orangeman emerged from