Quantcast

~~Good Friday MOrning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
21,989
154
NY
How is everybody today?

I had a good ride last night.
Sounds like I have a relaxing weekend ahead of me... I'm looking forward to it.

What's everybody got on tap for the weekend?
 

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
36,644
3,464
Sleazattle
Broken four spokes on two different wheel over the last two days. I'm almost afraid to ride anymore for fear of breaking things. But I got a nice big raise yesterday. Not sure what to think about it, I want a new job but they just made it a lot harder to find a new one without a major pay cut.
 

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
21,989
154
NY
Westy said:
Broken four spokes on two different wheel over the last two days. I'm almost afraid to ride anymore for fear of breaking things. But I got a nice big raise yesterday. Not sure what to think about it, I want a new job but they just made it a lot harder to find a new one without a major pay cut.
What exactly do you do again?
 

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
21,989
154
NY
COmtbiker12 said:
Good morning!

It's finally Friday!!! :D :D :D
I have no idea what I'm doing for the weekend, probably lots of homework and sitting around. :p

What are you using Autocad for?
 

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
9,000
456
Nilbog
Good morning, well i gave work my 2 week notice with the request that it be a 1 and they said that is ok. So 1 more week here at bayer corporation...Then I start at American Eagle Outfitters

Went out last night and had a few too many grey goose and club sodas and played pool. Im feeling it.

how is everyone else?
 
Jul 28, 2003
657
0
Eat, ME
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! This has been a pretty long week, so I'm looking forward to the weekend. This weekend is more harvesting of tomatoes, basil, and whatever else is ready. Then putting said tomatoes up in jars. Mmmm, mmmmm! There are also bikes to be ridden.

The Cheese
 

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
21,989
154
NY
manhattanprjkt83 said:
Good morning, well i gave work my 2 week notice with the request that it be a 1 and they said that is ok. So 1 more week here at bayer corporation...Then I start at American Eagle Outfitters

Went out last night and had a few too many grey goose and club sodas and played pool. Im feeling it.

how is everyone else?
What will you be doing at American Eagle?
 

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
5,060
356
Alamance County, NC
Good morning.

Ordered some cranks, BB and a front derailluer last night for my Preston. Just have the brakes left to get and I'm rolling.

Thursday night lately has been shaping up to be pizza and beer night for Justine and myself. Last night was no exception. Got a call from work around 9:00pm as we were heading into the resturant saying that they had a problem with the laser system and could use some help getting it back online again. Hey....this is my pizza night--you're gonna hafta wait until I get my grub on first. :D Things were going good, and we were into the second pitcher when I remembered that I was supposed to get the work situation straightened out. Whoops!! Needless to say, I got there and saved the evening, but the guys were laughing at me pretty good cause they could tell I had a really good buzz on when I got there. :o:


Feelin' it this morning though........Is there any Goody's in the vending machine? :thumb:
 

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
24,659
26
behind the viewfinder
FINALLY got my home wireless network issues sorted...the problem stemmed from my firewall on my desktop...once my friend disabled that, and ran the windows firewall, the issues magically resolved.
 

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
9,000
456
Nilbog
stosh said:
What will you be doing at American Eagle?
Well my position is largely undefined because it is new the official title is Manager of Supply Chain Technologies...Alot of integration between the business world and the IT world there...

Ill be doing alot with the design office in NYC as well.

Really excited.
 

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
36,644
3,464
Sleazattle
stosh said:
Why do you get to travel so much?
A good part of my job is hands on and requires me to be at the customers site. Our headquarters is strategically located absolutely no where near any of our customers.
 

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
15,465
4
Burlington, Connecticut
stosh said:
How is everybody today?

I had a good ride last night.
Sounds like I have a relaxing weekend ahead of me... I'm looking forward to it.

What's everybody got on tap for the weekend?

Good Morning - I feel like crap today - think I have the flu or something.

Stosh - how did the stem and riser bars work? And the fork too? How was the different fork up front?
 

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
9,889
0
Shut up and Ride
yesterday, I came up on a dude that obviously just fell hard, asked him a couple times if he was ok, but he must have somehow hit a bee hive, so I got stung on my face, so when I heard "I'm ok" for 3rd time, I left but got stung again (on my hand). damn bees!
 

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
21,989
154
NY
manhattanprjkt83 said:
Well my position is largely undefined because it is new the official title is Manager of Supply Chain Technologies...Alot of integration between the business world and the IT world there...

Ill be doing alot with the design office in NYC as well.

Really excited.
Sweet man!!!
 

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
4,861
0
Denver, Colorado
Its going to be a good day, I can play football now which is good. Except.... I got my cast off because the doctor is kick ass, but I hit the QB yesterday in practice, and did something to my hand, and I have a bone pushing the skin out. It really donesn't hurt that bad, so I'm not doing to say anything. MMcG might go ride on Sunday, but I'm not sure where. Looking forward to that, expecially if he isn't sick, and if he can get my old BB off.
 

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
3,978
1
Chandler, AZ, USA
Good morning everyone,

Rode to work today (20 miles), and felt good the whole way. Doing an 80 mile road ride this weekend to get ready for the 109 mile El Tour de Tucson.
 

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
21,989
154
NY
Westy said:
A good part of my job is hands on and requires me to be at the customers site. Our headquarters is strategically located absolutely no where near any of our customers.
Nice!!!
 

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
21,989
154
NY
MMcG said:
Good Morning - I feel like crap today - think I have the flu or something.

Stosh - how did the stem and riser bars work? And the fork too? How was the different fork up front?
I need to cut the bars down and the fork seems to stick a bit. I can't figure out what it is that is making it stick though....


Also my Cranks keep coming loose from my square spindle BB. I'm not sure what to do to correct it from happening again.
 

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
6,143
0
Floating down the Hudson
Good morning. I finally rode my new road bike last night (after about a week) because, between being really busy and the stupid sun setting at 7, it just hasn't worked out. I got out on the pavement and realized that I had no front brake at all and must have screwed something up when I put the bike together (there was a lot of extra brake cable :think: ) And then the seat started to wobble around. So I have a few things to fix tonight. But, overall the bike is FAST! I have a feeling I'm really going to enjoy road riding. Don't worry, I'll still grab any chance to get my tires in the dirt, however.

I came home, made a whole batch of pesto with the basil I've been growing and am now preparing to see Rob later today. Should be a great weekend! :)
 

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
15,465
4
Burlington, Connecticut
stosh said:
I need to cut the bars down and the fork seems to stick a bit. I can't figure out what it is that is making it stick though....


Also my Cranks keep coming loose from my square spindle BB. I'm not sure what to do to correct it from happening again.
bars are too wide?? maybe the stanchions need some lubricant on them or something.........or perhaps the fork just needs to get the kinks out of the fork - when was the last time it was on a bike?
 

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
24,659
26
behind the viewfinder
bluebug32 said:
I came home, made a whole batch of pesto with the basil I've been growing and am now preparing to see Rob later today. Should be a great weekend! :)
you go traditional (ie, using either walnuts or pinenuts)? a nice little diversion is to use pecans instead. :thumb:
 

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
7,797
0
Portland, OR
Morning. Not much going on here. Last night was pizza and beer night at my house too! :D This weekend is the Adirondack Balloon Festival in my town so it's crawling with tourists. Kinda cool seeing tons of hot air balloons launch at once though. This is about 3 miles from my house....



http://www.adirondackballoonfest.org/

Got a call from my LBS yesterday that my bike was ready to be picked up. Looks like I'm going to need a new front wheel though. They trued it up as best they could, and it's ridable, but really should be replaced. Not what I wanted to hear when I'm trying to build up another frame at the moment. :mumble: Other than that, I'm working all weekend. :(
 

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
21,989
154
NY
MMcG said:
bars are too wide?? maybe the stanchions need some lubricant on them or something.........or perhaps the fork just needs to get the kinks out of the fork - when was the last time it was on a bike?
I'm not sure when it was last mounted to a bike.
 

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
6,143
0
Floating down the Hudson
narlus said:
you go traditional (ie, using either walnuts or pinenuts)? a nice little diversion is to use pecans instead. :thumb:
I love any kind of nuts (insert obvious joke here). I used pinenuts last night just because I like how they blend with the basil and olive oil. Ooh, pecans sound really good too. I'll have to try it when I make it again.
 

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
16,670
436
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Westy said:
Broken four spokes on two different wheel over the last two days. I'm almost afraid to ride anymore for fear of breaking things. But I got a nice big raise yesterday. Not sure what to think about it, I want a new job but they just made it a lot harder to find a new one without a major pay cut.
Congratulations on the raise!!!
 

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
16,670
436
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
McGRP01 said:
Morning. Not much going on here. Last night was pizza and beer night at my house too! :D This weekend is the Adirondack Balloon Festival in my town so it's crawling with tourists. Kinda cool seeing tons of hot air balloons launch at once though. This is about 3 miles from my house....



http://www.adirondackballoonfest.org/:(
Yeah, my family was trying to talk me into getting there for the sunrise burn and flight and then going to trail maintenance afterward. :nope:
 

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
3,075
0
Broomfield, CO
Won our match last night. We are now 5-2 with one more to go. Unfortunately it does not look like we will make the playoffs this year.

Went out for an urban ride last night, was in the process of bunny hopping a curb when I came down a little (fine, very) rear heavy and heard that tell tale PSSST noise. Ended that ride pretty quickly.

Picked up some Azonic 454 cranks from Mark last night. Thanks Mark. :). Should have pictures of those installed in about a week.

Almost done with classes for the day, its cruising from here on out. Jiminy Peak Sunday. Yellow bullit with a monster if anyone is going.
 

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
16,670
436
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Good morning! It's a strange weather day here....nice and cool with a breeze but looks like the skies might open up at any minute :( I was hoping the showers would miss us so I can do a nice long ride tonight....we'll see. If it rains, I will probably do a road ride or just a shorter easier MTB ride instead. Tomorrow is trail maintenance and then home to work on the nursery. Probably won't be hitting up the Adirondak Balloon Festival this year as I just don't have time...such is life!
 

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
9,000
456
Nilbog
Man my gf is being wack, im supposed to go to some family event with her on sat...Well now she wants to spend tonight with me (had plans to go out with all my guy friends), then she wants to stay over (and i have a ride planned for 8 am)...then she wants me to go to the stupid family event...

then she wants to intrude on my bbq for the steelers vs patriots game on sunday :mumble:

why cant chicks be happy with the time you give them, not try and take over a whole weekend. :dead:
 

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
7,797
0
Portland, OR
TreeSaw said:
Yeah, my family was trying to talk me into getting there for the sunrise burn and flight and then going to trail maintenance afterward. :nope:
T, if you're going to hit anything, head up to Lake George tomorrow night for the Moonglow at 8pm...

 

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
9,000
456
Nilbog
I mean she is a great chick...but why cant i just hang out with guys for once... I am the only one with a gf out of us so I catch alot of sh1t.