Quantcast

~~Good Friday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
TGIF.....

How is everybody today?

I got a pretty important meeting this afternoon. I'm not really looking forward to it.
If I had that GIF of the smilie beating the dead horse I'd bring it to the meeting with me..

Anybody got any plans for the weekend?

Have a great day everybody!

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Gotta go get that statics test back. Hoping I did well on it. I won't be riding this weekend, unless I steal my brothers bike for a road ride with my dad Sunday. Both of mine will stay here, as I am on my way home. Other than that not much.

Oh, other than my friggin LBS. I hate them. We go in there yesterday, and I see a box of presta/schraeder adaptors, look at the price and almost died. $5.00 each. Then I asked the guy about getting a new steerer tube pressed in, and he asks me why I wanted a new one to which I reply that mine has been cut short for the integrated stem, and I do not want to run one of those. He proceeds to tell me that he is not sure if Marzocchi stocks 1" threaded steerer tubes any longer and I might have to stick with the one I have now....Yea.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning.

Weekend plans? Going to MT Snow tomorrow to buy some season passes for the ski season, then we'll do some XC riding in the area before heading home. Sunday we're planning on a four hour ride.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Tonight, going japenese
Sat, DH'ing @ mount snow
Sunday, my 2nd ever century ride !!

I predict I will be one tired puppy Sunday night

splat

Nam I am
Mornign Stosh. had a Good ride last night , did my first endo off the new Bike, when I landed my Ankle landed righ on a rock m so that is a little sore today.

tommorow have a Trail day, I'll be working on. and sunday family stuff . I'm sure I'll fit a ride in there some where.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
douglas said:
Tonight, going japenese
Sat, DH'ing @ mount snow
Sunday, my 2nd ever century ride !!

I predict I will be one tired puppy Sunday night
Good luck with the century!!

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
It seems I managed to lose half a crankset when I moved in April. I also found a Spooky jersey that is just a little to tight now.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning. Today is my Monday...back at work until next Wed.. Nothing planned for this evening that I'm aware of, probably just some chillin' with the fam. Tomorrow night the wife and I are going to a concert with her folks. Should be a good time. That's about it I guess.

Good luck with the century ride Doug!! I can't imagine doing one after a day of DHing!!! :eek:

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Mornin'

Pizza and beer last night......my favorite day of the week---my dog's too cause he gets some pizza crust treats out of it. Had intentions of getting out for some trailwork yesterday, but really just found myself puttering around the house taking care of a few odds and ends and before I knew it, it was dark.......I love the cooler weather, but I hate the encroaching darkness. Not really sure what plans we have for this evening--if any. Maybe just catch up on the movie rentals and chill out. Saturday is all trailwork. Been eyeing up another area for a skinny-to-drop thingy and have been collecting cedar stringers for it for a few weeks, so I plan on getting that started. Sunday is whatever.....just wingin' it I guess.

Andy_B

Monkey
Jul 21, 2004
whereabouts unknown
Last night was good 30miles on the SS in the cold damp dark woods!

This weekend. Biketoberfest!
2 Days of riding and riding some more... and beer... but i dont drink so...

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Doing a XC race on sunday. Haven't done one in almost 2 years. It'll be interesting to see where I stack up these days.

Of course I'll get into the sauce a little bit this afternoon and see if I can stir up trouble here.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Two things:

A) I hate it when people here take the elevator DOWN one floor to get to the cafe. The stairs are RIGHT THERE.

2) I missed the memo that said today was a jeans day. :(

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I Are Baboon said:
Two things:

A) I hate it when people here take the elevator DOWN one floor to get to the cafe. The stairs are RIGHT THERE.

2) I missed the memo that said today was a jeans day. :(
You're at least wearing a Hawaiian shirt??

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Heidi said:
No joke, today IS Hawaiian shirt day at my work!
Nice.

Dude I know wore a pot leaf themed Hawaiian shirt to his Hawaiian shirt day at work. He ruined it for everyone. :evil:

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Heidi said:
No joke, today IS Hawaiian shirt day at my work!

[stosh]
pics?
[/stosh]

DRB said:
Doing a XC race on sunday. Haven't done one in almost 2 years. It'll be interesting to see where I stack up these days.

Of course I'll get into the sauce a little bit this afternoon and see if I can stir up trouble here.

good luck!! which catagory are you entering??

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Morning everyone. I'm taking off early today (the boss isn't in anyway on Fri) to head way upstate to see Rob. It's 4 hours, but I've got my road bike in tow, so it should be a nice weekend.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
bluebug32 said:
Is this all on the Iron Horse? That must be one strong bike. I love mine so far! Have you made any upgrades to it?

yup, I will do the century on my (low end) IH roadie

so far, just a new rear wheel being I trashed the original

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
douglas said:
yup, I will do the century on my (low end) IH roadie

so far, just a new rear wheel being I trashed the original
That's good to hear. I've replaced the seat post and that's it so far. It kept moving around as I was riding and it was bugging me. Glad to hear the Sora components are holding up.

And congrats. on the raise! If I were in the area tonight I'd definetly take you up on your offer for a night ride and a beer :thumb:

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
Morning :stosh:

Nothing happening today, tonight I leave for Carisle, spending tommorrow there, then head to aunt and uncle's for a party that night, then home.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
DRB said:
Dude - if you're planning on stacking it up, try not to hurt yourself, mkay?

Stacking probably won't do much for your race results, either.

Just a little friendly advice.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
splat said:
Road Bikes are suppose to last forever. you don't break parts on them the same way as on a Mt Bike.
Tell that to my 6 MM out of true wheel. Grr.

Morning monkeys. Got my roadie last night (see thread on page 2) and rode it for a while. Nice bike, but it took some TLC.

Class is over, I'm going grocery shopping, and I will come back and make some dinner for Beth when she get here.

Lates hommis.