Quantcast

~~Good Friday Morning~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
I know... just giving you a hard time.

Now that we have th final tax bill, we know where things stand. With Renae's back as bad as it is, and the possibility of some big medical bills, we'd rather dump the house for something cheaper and still be able to take the kids on a vacation and send Emma to dance class/gymnastics/whatever than be house poor.
Makes total sense to me. As I've progressed through my school education and the practical end of working in the business I've gotten a great idea of what I need in a house and I've begun to realize it's very little.

As American's we tend to want things larger then we need. I think a PROPERLY designed home, designed around the needs of a particular family works better then just creating a big box that a family can "grow in to".

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
stosh said:
Makes total sense to me. As I've progressed through my school education and the practical end of working in the business I've gotten a great idea of what I need in a house and I've begun to realize it's very little.

As American's we tend to want things larger then we need. I think a PROPERLY designed home, designed around the needs of a particular family works better then just creating a big box that a family can "grow in to".
also I tend to notice something else...
when our parents bought a house it was for life... you never saw people moving out just to move.. it would always be maybe for retirement reasons. Nowadays the average time a younger person stays in one house is 8-10 years.
in reality its the only way to afford something you want.
you start small.. and try to make some money on it to invest in something bigger. The sad thing is once you have made a little money on your current house.. odds are the new one you want is way more expensive!!!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
hooples3 said:
also I tend to notice something else...
when our parents bought a house it was for life... you never saw people moving out just to move.. it would always be maybe for retirement reasons. Nowadays the average time a younger person stays in one house is 8-10 years.
in reality its the only way to afford something you want.
you start small.. and try to make some money on it to invest in something bigger. The sad thing is once you have made a little money on your current house.. odds are the new one you want is way more expensive!!!!
Yep!

I guess we always want bigger and better.
I try to look back and see if my grandparents could raise 3 kids with 1.5 bathrooms why do I need 3 full bathrooms for 2 people. I just think American's collect to much "stuff" and think they need more room then they actually do.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
Good morning. Nothing going on here today, so hopefully I'll be enterained by the :monkey: In the meantime, it's work till 3 then driving to Seneca Falls for a nice relaxing weekend :D
Hooples said he was going to dress up as a girl, that should be entertaining enough for you.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
High heels and everything? Nice! Pics. are definitely needed. Thanks for keeping my Fri. alive, Hoop :)
Well high heel boots anyway!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Echo said:
Sup yall. Doing the band thing tonight, final touches on the set for a party next saturday. Then bright and early saturday morning I gotta drag my ass out of bed and go help T-blazer out with an off-road duathlon he's sponsoring. Somewhere in there I wanna get a ride in, and finish a bathroom project. Weekends need to be longer.
LOL! Good luck at the duatholon. Sq-Earl was thinking about doing it for a little while, but then he got lazy :devil:

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
stosh said:
Yep!

I guess we always want bigger and better.
I try to look back and see if my grandparents could raise 3 kids with 1.5 bathrooms why do I need 3 full bathrooms for 2 people. I just think American's collect to much "stuff" and think they need more room then they actually do.

no doubt

my grandparents raised 8 kids & had 1 bathrrom

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Good morning!!! Yesterday went well and today is going by quickly. I have my first elementary band rehearsal with my 4th graders today at one of my schools so it should be interesting. We're planning on squeezing in a ride tonight right afterwork too so I have that to look forward to as well :D We're also trying to plan a trip down for Diabloween...although I doubt Sq-Earl will let me do any riding. Oh well, I can always hang with friends and capture all sorts of great video and pics for them.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
hey monkeys - took today off (have 8 vaca days left for the year, there's no way i'll be able to use 'em all and we can't roll them over). will do some minor stuff around the house, and i'm planning to go for a short hike w/ otis.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
SuzyCreamcheese said:
But you go for the view, right?

The Cheese
Yeah but even thoes are lacking. I wouldn't mind paying to much for food if they had nice views.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
narlus said:
hey monkeys - took today off (have 8 vaca days left for the year, there's no way i'll be able to use 'em all and we can't roll them over). will do some minor stuff around the house, and i'm planning to go for a short hike w/ otis.
I wish I had a day off today. Have a good hike - bring your camera - I bet you can capture some good photos of the fall colors right about now.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning. Today sucks....sorta. Had planned on running all kinds of errands, doing to stuff around the house and getting a ride in later, but my daycare provider called and said she isn't taking kids today because all her other kids are sick and no one else is coming. So...because everyone elses kids are sick, she's not going to take my daughter. Doesn't seem right. I think the b*tch just wants a day off. :mumble: Also, looks like it's gonna be a wet weekend at Diablo. Oh well, still a weekend on the bike. Just gotta remember to pack the mud tires.

grundy

Chimp
Oct 18, 2004
good morning!

yesterday was cool, luckily I had decided to work from home for the morning and go into the office late; the office network went down shortly after the start of the business day. No email, customer database, no internet connection for those in the office, etc. I stayed home and relaxed! :cool:

took an ASR out for a test ride last night with a cool group of people. I was expecting to love the damn thing and go out and order one... but after years of riding a hardtail, full suspension just felt weird. Looks like I'll need to spend more time test riding before deciding what to buy.