Quantcast

~~~Good Friday Morning!!~~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Well I'm home sick again today.

I could totally handle being at work today however I DO NOT want to spread this nasty lung butter cough around my office.
I work in a small office of only 4 people so things spread easily. That and the guy I work with one on one a lot is leaving for the caribean next wed. so I would feel really bad if he got it.

anyway here's to a 4 day weekend!!!
I got so much f'ing work done around the house yesterday.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. Hope you get better soon, Stosh. A lady in work has that lung thing and she has been hacking like a choking cat for the last few days. I just want to tell her to stay the hell home.

Anyway, HOORAY for Friday! MBC and I are heading to Mt Snow for the weekend. The ski conditions aren't all that great yet, but we've got season passes so we might as well use them.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
looks like The Beast from the East aka Team East Coast Monkeys will be back to once again kick West Coast's ass at the 24 hours of Old Pueblo in Feb!!!

the team:
ECHO
Westy
Peter6061
me

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
I spent an hour on the rollers last night, got too bored to continue so I threw the hardtail on the car and headed downtown for some urban. We were at a campus and I spotted this sick line over a wall, probably a 7 foot drop to a sweet tranny into a courtyard. Problem was there were these little one foot tall bushy shrub things all over the landing. And about an inch of snow covering everything. So this kid who was riding with us decides to give it a shot. He lands it but the bushes stop the bike immediately and he cartwheels down the rest of the hill. The bushes broke his fall and he didn't get hurt, so he proceeded to try 2 more times with similar results. All in all the funniest thing I've seen on a bike in a couple of years, too bad nobody had a camera.

Oh and hope ya feel better stoshy.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
'Morning. Hope you get better soon, Stosh. A lady in work has that lung thing and she has been hacking like a choking cat for the last few days. I just want to tell her to stay the hell home.

Anyway, HOORAY for Friday! MBC and I are heading to Mt Snow for the weekend. The ski conditions aren't all that great yet, but we've got season passes so we might as well use them.
Yeah thats what I got.
I haven't been to a DR's office in 4yrs. I don't even know who my primary is and I bet if I go there they won't even give me anything.

My office is a bunch of hypocondriacs (sp?) so even the slightest little cough sets off a volley of "stay home" comments.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Echo said:
I spent an hour on the rollers last night, got too bored to continue so I threw the hardtail on the car and headed downtown for some urban. We were at a campus and I spotted this sick line over a wall, probably a 7 foot drop to a sweet tranny into a courtyard. Problem was there were these little one foot tall bushy shrub things all over the landing. And about an inch of snow covering everything. So this kid who was riding with us decides to give it a shot. He lands it but the bushes stop the bike immediately and he cartwheels down the rest of the hill. The bushes broke his fall and he didn't get hurt, so he proceeded to try 2 more times with similar results. All in all the funniest thing I've seen on a bike in a couple of years, too bad nobody had a camera.

Sounds like a "Jacka$$" skit.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
splat said:
Had an Awesome night ride last night , we had a group of 10 of us riding around the woods. always fun!
I'm going to check out the thread now.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
My VP just told me I'm getting a lump sum retro payment today for my pay increase but won't tell me how much or how far back the retro goes. Ahhhhhh!!!! How the hell am I expected to concentrate now!?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
My VP just told me I'm getting a lump sum retro payment today for my pay increase but won't tell me how much or how far back the retro goes. Ahhhhhh!!!! How the hell am I expected to concentrate now!?
So you going to get me something for Christmas?

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
I Are Baboon said:

Time to stock your bar!!!

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Construction Update;

Lot 22: Trim carpenters are getting started and my cabinets have not arrived yet... they have been being nailed together for 2 weeks. :rolleyes:

Lot 21: Framing started 2 days ago. Found out that the f'ing plumbers have a 3" vent stack in the wall where a 2-0 bathroom window is supposed to be :mad: . Now I will have to eliminate the window in there... dammnit! It won't hurt anything really... and is saves me some $'s for a window. But I like having some natural light in there.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good morning!

Scrambling to get things held together today as half of our employees either just didn't show up (they're gonna catch hell Monday) or "called in sick." This pisses me off to no end. I know I get up everyday, regardless of how I feel, and go to work because I can't afford NOT to. How a 9-dollar an hour employee can afford to chill at the house for days on end and still pay bills is well beyond the scope of my imagiation. Anyway......enough with the ranting. Sorry about that--just had to get it off my chest.

One of the local winereys had their annual release party where they officially unveil their new wines for the year. They had local vendors selling stuff, bands playing, and lots of wine--lots of wine. Their new flavor--blackberry, was one that I had been itching to try since I heard they were going to give it a try way back last year. It was pretty darned good, but I opted for a few bottles of their Merlot, which I think is one of the finest in the state that I've tried. And I've tried a lot. :cool:

Not much going on for the weekend. We've got an extra Border Collie around the house as we are watching her for a friend while she is out of town. Two border collies in one house makes for lots of mischief. Gotta get more squeaky cheesburgers to placate...........wish me luck, yo.

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Good morning, just another beautiful day in paradise. It's payday and doughnut day here at work. Have plans for a road ride tomorrow and mountain ride on Sunday. Definitely ready for the weekend.

Get well soon, Stosh.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Sorry you're sick Stosh - hope you feel better soon.

Last night I went snowshoeing with some of my friends. The snow is really getting deep even just half way up the hill to Mt. Bachelor. We went for a few miles through about thigh high pow pow baby!!!!!!!!

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Hey Stosh and Co.

Happy Fri.! I'm anxious to get out of here and start the weekend. I'm spending the entire day tying to track down sources for a freelance article. I have to speak to some pain management experts and they're causing me some major pain in the meantime by not calling me back!

By the way, feel better Stosh.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Echo said:

LOL! Now there's an image I wish I had been present to see :D

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Good afternoon!

Feel better soon Stosh...I was sick all last week and it wasn't fun at all!

IAB - congrats on the $$$ Sq-Earl is getting a similar check either today or next Friday :D

Today has been pretty busy but quite productive. My elementary students are finally getting on track and are playing pretty well (which is a good thing because we have a concert in just over a week).

Yesterday, the fan on our furnace decided to die so Sq-Earl's home trying to get that fixed so we have heat again. It was pretty cold in the house last night, but wasn't too bad...that's why I have toasty fleece PJs ;) Other than that, we are still awaiting the delivery of our nursery furniture so we can put everything away. Right now it's painted (rather beautifully) and has a mattress waiting for it's bed.

This weekend I have my baby shower so that will be fun too. My mother still hasn't told me who is coming so it should be interesting.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Good morning, yo!

Soooooooo happy that it's friday!

Riding tomorrow, neices birthday party.

Riding sunday...

Other then drinking beer that's pretty much it.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
TreeSaw said:
This weekend I have my baby shower so that will be fun too. My mother still hasn't told me who is coming so it should be interesting.
You totally should have sent Sq-earl to Ray's with us this weekend. He's just gonna be in the way at your shower anyways.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Echo said:
You totally should have sent Sq-earl to Ray's with us this weekend. He's just gonna be in the way at your shower anyways.
LOL!!! He's currently REALLY grumpy because the furnace still isn't working. I have a feeling he's going to be working on that most of the weekend :( I told him he could go to Ray's with you guys though.