Quantcast

~~~Good Friday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Sorry I'm late, roads were pretty friggan slick.

What's everybody got planned for today?

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning! The drive in sucked on account of an ice storm. The slippery roads I can deal with....it's all the other assholes on the road that I can't stand. People, please do me a favor and don't drive anymore. Thanks. :)

We got some much needed holiday shopping done last night. I bought about a dozen gifts, including gifts for all my staff. HOORAY! Ran into MMcG at Yankee Candle. I think he's stalking us.

I have an office holiday party this afternoon (#2 of 5). It should be fun. Good eats.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
'Morning! The drive in sucked on account of an ice storm. The slippery roads I can deal with....it's all the other assholes on the road that I can't stand. People, please do me a favor and don't drive anymore. Thanks. :)

We got some much needed holiday shopping done last night. I bought about a dozen gifts, including gifts for all my staff. HOORAY! Ran into MMcG at Yankee Candle. I think he's stalking us.

I have an office holiday party this afternoon (#2 of 5). It should be fun. Good eats.
ROFL @ MMcG shopping at Yankee Candle.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I Are Baboon said:
:stupid:

Woke up to everything covered in ice. Roads were not too bad, spots of ice but there were cars everywhere. Since every other redneck down here has a 4wd truck they think they should have no problems with bad roads, then they hit a piece of ice, slam on the brakes and go spinning down the road. It was like a video game this morning trying to dodge spinning SUVs.

phil

Monkey
Jun 15, 2002
Morning,my wife had to go to Indy.for work yesterday (just a day trip) and she is still there and she doesnt know when her flight home will be.She is going to miss our daughters school play,I am going to record it but it wont be the same for her to see.Be safe driving today the roads suck.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
phil said:
Morning,my wife had to go to Indy.for work yesterday (just a day trip) and she is still there and she doesnt know when her flight home will be.She is going to miss our daughters school play,I am going to record it but it wont be the same for her to see.Be safe driving today the roads suck.
She'll be home for the holidays right?

How is your knee?

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
We really got nothing here in my part of MD. It just rained like hell.

I had to get up early to come into work to give my final exam. The moon this morning was amazing. It's all clear and sunny. Too bad the trails will be a swampy hell this weekend. I'll probably hike instead of ride.

I'm sitting here right now watching my students take their exam. Poor kids. The exam is 4 hours long - only 3 more to go.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
went night skiing...holy crap what a difference new skis make (my old skis are 10 plus years old)

we had the place to ourselves, is 1100+ vertical in 7 minutes considered ripping it up?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
douglas said:
went night skiing...holy crap what a difference new skis make (my old skis are 10 plus years old)

we had the place to ourselves, is 1100+ vertical in 7 minutes considered ripping it up?
I borrowed a friends new skis the other week. Much better than my ancient ones. Can actually turn without scrubbing speed.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Should be 55 and sunny today. :D

Just did the office secret santa, scored the latest Michael Chrichton novel - I'm going to have to resist reading it until I leave for NH so I have something to read in the plane/car.

Psyched for the big office party tonight, supposed to be a really great meal. Nothing beats free food & an open bar ;)

phil

Monkey
Jun 15, 2002
stosh said:
She'll be home for the holidays right?

How is your knee?
Ha I hope so,No she should be home some time today but the stress of being stranded suck's.
The knee is doing great I rode camp orange before all the snow,that was my first time back there.I didn't get to ride to much becouse I dont know the trails but it was fun

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
douglas said:

oh and that 7 min. included the lift ride up

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
phil said:
Ha I hope so,No she should be home some time today but the stress of being stranded suck's.
The knee is doing great I rode camp orange before all the snow,that was my first time back there.I didn't get to ride to much becouse I dont know the trails but it was fun
Yeah I've started to learn camp orange pretty well this past fall.

THere is some fun single track in there but it is few and far between.

ZoRo

Turbo Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
MTL
ILL 'freakin snowstorm today 30 cm and up! WOW! I love snow! Tommorow SKIING BIATCH!!!!

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
Good morning, all! Company Christmas party tonight! Should be a ton of fun. It's held at a really nice country club in town and decorated all festive. There is supposedly a fantastic meal, a live band, and a 6-hour open bar...all paid for by our company president. I am excited! Should also be a good weekend...beautiful weather, exchanging a present w/ BV, and making a nice scrapbook for my brother for Christmas. Hope everyone else has a great Friday too! :D

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
antimony said:
Good morning, all! Company Christmas party tonight! Should be a ton of fun. It's held at a really nice country club in town and decorated all festive. There is supposedly a fantastic meal, a live band, and a 6-hour open bar...all paid for by our company president. I am excited! Should also be a good weekend...beautiful weather, exchanging a present w/ BV, and making a nice scrapbook for my brother for Christmas. Hope everyone else has a great Friday too! :D
I made a scrap book type photo calendar for my mom this year. It came out really nice but it was A LOT of freaking work!!

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
I kinda started a quickie thread until you arrived, but deleted it once I saw yours show up. Hope your morning is going well despite the hellish commute. You Yankees are crazy with this winter driving. We had some slick roads this morning too.......overnight temps went down to about 28, so it froze some of the rain we had yesterday on the roads. Good thing the schools are on a delay today, cause the kids driving to school are the worst of the lot.

PIzza and beer night as usual per Thursday. Fantastic as always. Gonna be doing some shopping tonight after work. I have no aversions to "brick and mortar" stores like others seem to have. I actually embrace the whole experience. It's all about your state of mind and having a higher than normal patience level this time of the year. Rarely do I get stressed out over Christmas---the alcohol helps, I think.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Just putting this in here where it belongs...

Today is MizN8's and my 2d Anniversary!

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
:heart: :heart:
:thumb:

MizN8..... :drool:

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
stosh said:
I made a scrap book type photo calendar for my mom this year. It came out really nice but it was A LOT of freaking work!!
I can appreciate that. I scrapbooked ALL of bv's photographs when we moved down, before I got busy with a new job. These were photos from age 3 to 24; I think there were like 1800 photos. I stickered, and found quotes and fun facts about vacations he went on, and made captions...I think in the end it was about 100 hours worth of work.

I am hoping to finish this one in about 20 hours. :)

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Greyhound said:
Where are you guys eating? Anyplace I would know?
Ummm... Jenn, what was the name of the place?

It's a country club 5-6 miles down 5th St. past the hospital, heading away from Memorial.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
N8 said:
Just putting this in here where it belongs...

Today is MizN8's and my 2d Anniversary!

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
:heart: :heart:
:thumb:

MizN8..... :drool:
Sympathies for Mrs.N8.....:p

And conrats to N8! :thumb:

:p

This Friday really sucks, all the way around.....

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Greyhound said:
I kinda started a quickie thread until you arrived, but deleted it once I saw yours show up. Hope your morning is going well despite the hellish commute. You Yankees are crazy with this winter driving. We had some slick roads this morning too.......overnight temps went down to about 28, so it froze some of the rain we had yesterday on the roads. Good thing the schools are on a delay today, cause the kids driving to school are the worst of the lot.

PIzza and beer night as usual per Thursday. Fantastic as always. Gonna be doing some shopping tonight after work. I have no aversions to "brick and mortar" stores like others seem to have. I actually embrace the whole experience. It's all about your state of mind and having a higher than normal patience level this time of the year. Rarely do I get stressed out over Christmas---the alcohol helps, I think.
I actually had a great night shopping last night.
I think my aversion to the brick and motar stores is their prices usually.

For example BEST BUY, IMO they have some of the worst electronic prices going.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Sup 'holes. Got my new screamin computer built up last night. That thing is friggin fast. I have no idea what I need a computer that fast for. Oh and it took me about a half hour to get in my car this morning. It looked like a big car shaped glazed donut. Mmmm... donuts...

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Echo said:
Got my new screamin computer built up last night. That thing is friggin fast. I have no idea what I need a computer that fast for.
Awesome.

And a computer can never be too fast.

:D

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
stosh said:
ROFL @ MMcG shopping at Yankee Candle.
Yankee Candle rocks! :cool:

Scrapin a layer of ice off your car in freezing rain for 15 minutes sucks ass! That was how my day started today, so hopefully it can only get better.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MMcG said:
Yankee Candle rocks! :cool:

Scrapin a layer of ice off your car in freezing rain for 15 minutes sucks ass! That was how my day started today, so hopefully it can only get better.
Dude, I can smell the eh de' Yankee Candle on your clothes from here.