Quantcast

~~Good Friday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

I went shopping last night so I had some nice dress clothes to wear for our company dinner tonight. I really have any dress clothes. I bought my most expensive pair of shoes ever last night.... well I was quickly reminded by my father that my bike shoes cost $189 so I guess I didn't buy my most expensive shoes last night.

What's everybody got on tap for today and NYE?

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
today, not much

might do a 5K "last run" race NY eve (you get a jacket & a pass for albany's first night festivities)

then a few people I know are doing a metric century NY day..but I doubt I'll be doing that

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
douglas said:
today, not much

might do a 5K "last run" race NY eve (you get a jacket & a pass for albany's first night festivities)

then a few people I know are doing a metric century NY day..but I doubt I'll be doing that
I'm dreading going to the gym next week. I KNOW it's going to be packed.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
'morning stosh - back from NH. Had a nice Christmas with my grandmother, mom, uncle and sister, then had Christmas with Jenn's family, then with my dad. So, it was a busy week but it was nice to see my family!

Hope everyone else's was just as good.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
stosh said:
I'm dreading going to the gym next week. I KNOW it's going to be packed.

I just joined a gym, its been crazy packed all week....tons of college age kids there

I'm sure next week will be even worse w/everyone & their "resolutions" to not be a lazy fat F'er in '06

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
Morning all,

I just checked the fedex page and my Fox talas 130 xtt is being delivered today, along with the other parts and tools I needed. Tonight I put it on my switchblade, and hopefully I'll ride tomorrow. I took all of next week off so I should get plenty of ride time. I'm also going to do a rebuild of the my epic next week.

Hats off to Stinkey for pulling off the the bike build.:)

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
morning....
we have a little new years party at work today.. just celebrating a great year hear... NYE I have a few close friends coming over and we will be celebrating the New year together. Only about 8 ppl coming to our new home with plenty of food and wine. New years day i will be swimming in the atlantic ocean with a ton of people... always a good time.
apparantly this is the time of year to party ...last night we had an impromtu party at my house. 8 ppl, 7 double bottles of wine, I whipped up som epenne with eggplant/sausage, garlic bread and such... I love having a Hopuse... everyone...come on over.. the more the better, just bring some wine!!!!!!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
So how much were they?

'Morning all! Went to the gym last night then had Chinese take out. Mmmmm.....
$75
Yeah I know I'm cheap.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
douglas said:
I just joined a gym, its been crazy packed all week....tons of college age kids there

I'm sure next week will be even worse w/everyone & their "resolutions" to not be a lazy fat F'er in '06
Yah, now isn't a good time to join. I know almost everyone at my gym because I go the same time every day. Just this week alone, there were probably 10 new people. :mumble:

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
oh yah, good morning! I'm cutting outta work early today to go up to the mtn and get some skate skiing in. They continue to get new snow..base is almost 100".

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
Yo. Wed morn' my truck started running terrible. Dropped it off @ the shop this morning, and they already sorted out what's wrong one of the cylinder's plug & wire went bad. Thankfully it wasn't something serious.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Rockland said:
Oh believe me, neither am I.
My fiancee is pretty reasonable about clothes shopping. In other words she doesn't do it much, however when she does she likes my opinion and I F'ing HATE clothes shopping with her. I'm sorry and I try not to be selfish but man it freaking sucks. I usually get out of it but sometimes I have no choice.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
My wife used to work in a little womens clothes boutique. One of her pet peaves was when women would drag their husbands along shopping. The men would always stand their looking bored and dejected. She swears she'd never do that to me; a fact I reminder her of everytime I find myself standing around the womens department of some store why she tries on clothes.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Heidi said:
Yah, now isn't a good time to join. I know almost everyone at my gym because I go the same time every day. Just this week alone, there were probably 10 new people. :mumble:

last year I went to this small really cool mind-body-fitness gym, but they closed...the owner now is a trainer at my new gym, and I noticed she brought over her spin bikes!! :D

It seems the new gym is getting over 10 new members daily

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
The suburbs of Mexico.....
Good Morning Stosh! :D

I'm getting ready to walk over to the gym to set up the membership I got as a Christmas present, hopefully it won't be too busy. Then I'll get some riding in.

Tonight we are going to see a tribute band to "The Smiths". Tommorow will be some more riding, other than that we have nothing planned for NYE yet.

Have a good day! :)

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Shyrmp said:

I'm getting ready to walk over to the gym to set up the membership I got as a Christmas present, hopefully it won't be too busy. Then I'll get some riding in.

Tonight we are going to see a tribute band to "The Smiths". Tommorow will be some more riding, other than that we have nothing planned for NYE yet.

nice!! i love the smiths!!!!! now i have to go listen to their albums!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Shyrmp said:

The weather around here is actually bareable so I was thinking about riding. Problem is it's freaking wet!!!

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
The suburbs of Mexico.....
stosh said:
The weather around here is actually bareable so I was thinking about riding. Problem is it's freaking wet!!!
It's supposed to be wet here tommorow, which means I might actually be able to finish the jump I started building two months ago. :p

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
I just err tried to ride, however all of the trails at durand were totally covered in ice. I went down hard a couple of times, guess I should take a shower and get some ice for my hip...It sucks because its not too cold here, I just haven't seen the sun in about a week.