Quantcast

~~good friday morning!!~~

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
aa yes .. friday is here... good morning Monkeys

friday to me means... Happy Hour later
and time to start planning the weekend festivities. its going to be a mild 45 degress , i need to get out on the trail this weekend...

enjoy the day!!!!

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
never a problem being late stosh... someone is always around to kick things off.. the important thing is you made it!!

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
More skate skiing and snowboarding for me tomorrow - I'm also going to watch the Chevrolet US Snowboard Grand Prix halfpipe competition at Mt. Bachelor. WOOHOO!

Crashby

Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Rochester, NY
I pepper sprayed myself last night... well... not exactly, but the story goes a little something like this:

I'm going to be in some rather um, "rough" neighborhoods as I work some of my real estate deals. Rather than carrying a concealed weapon, I decided to carry pepper spray. Just to test it out, I spray a tiny bit in my kitchen sink. So far so good.... The problem arose when I wanted to wash it down. I guess the water kicked some of the fumes into the air. I have a touch of asthma, so when it hit my lungs - instant attack. So I took a puff of my inhaler, and that calmed it down pretty well.

Somehow I got a little of the pepper spray on my fingers as well. And even though I washed my hands for at least 3 minutes after the sink incident, there was still enough on there to cause a problem. I proceeded to get some in and around my eyes, nose and mouth. I said 'screw it', drank a full glass of red, hopped in the shower, and went to sleep it off...

I'm an idiot... :rolleyes:

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
Good morning! It's Friday...woohoo! We're having a big retirement party at work this afternoon for the VP/co-founder of my company, which should be a fun time. It's so nice to finally work at a place where everyone is just happy and relaxed. Hope you all have a good end to the week :D

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Heidi said:
More skate skiing and snowboarding for me tomorrow - I'm also going to watch the Chevrolet US Snowboard Grand Prix halfpipe competition at Mt. Bachelor. WOOHOO!
I think the snowboard olympic trials are at Mtn Creek in 2 weeks. I think I might go to watch.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Woke up today at 5 of 8 after going to bed at 2. No idea why I woke up so early and frankly, I have nothing to do today. Everything involves spending money, something which I do not have very much of these days. Any suggestions?

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
IAB you are turning into quite the Ski Bum this season.

Lots of hockey on tap for me and my sons this weekend. Connor will be in goal for his Mini-Mite team this weekend. I'll guess we'll see if we have a little Martin Brodeur on our hands come Saturday and Sunday. :)

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Crashby said:
I pepper sprayed myself last night... well... not exactly, but the story goes a little something like this:

I'm going to be in some rather um, "rough" neighborhoods as I work some of my real estate deals. Rather than carrying a concealed weapon, I decided to carry pepper spray. Just to test it out, I spray a tiny bit in my kitchen sink. So far so good.... The problem arose when I wanted to wash it down. I guess the water kicked some of the fumes into the air. I have a touch of asthma, so when it hit my lungs - instant attack. So I took a puff of my inhaler, and that calmed it down pretty well.

Somehow I got a little of the pepper spray on my fingers as well. And even though I washed my hands for at least 3 minutes after the sink incident, there was still enough on there to cause a problem. I proceeded to get some in and around my eyes, nose and mouth. I said 'screw it', drank a full glass of red, hopped in the shower, and went to sleep it off...

I'm an idiot... :rolleyes:

thats great! do you wear contacts

every go out & get HOT buffalo wings, and dont wash your hands completely before you take your contacts out? its a fun time!

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
stosh said:
I think the snowboard olympic trials are at Mtn Creek in 2 weeks. I think I might go to watch.

Sweet - yah, this is an Olympic Qualifier. It's great to get out and see other sports I can't do :)

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
douglas said:

every go out & get HOT buffalo wings, and dont wash your hands completely before you take your contacts out? its a fun time!
Sorta like when you put on Icy Hot and then pee/play with yourself...thats also a fun time!

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
went night skiing......it was warm (30 degrees) & the snow was nice & soft

I saw Winnie the Pooh skiing by himself, I wondered where Eeyore was, maybe in the bar??

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Happy Friday!

I actually got up early this morning to ride. Amazing for me and especially amazing for a Friday. It felt good though.

Work today then heading to Seneca Falls for the weekend.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
good spin class last night, except for the fact that the instructor, after openly soliciting people to burn new cds for the class, turned mine off after 1/2 through (right in the middle of The Catherine Wheel's "I Want To Touch You".

hmph.

if you ask for cds, then play 'em (or at least give some guidance of what you are looking for). bastard. :mumble:

well, if anyone is curious about it (i zipped for a fellow monkey and it's available @ yousendit for 25 downloads), you can find my spin cd and tracklisting for sampling. it's ~63MB, just so you know.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
douglas said:

i did that after the 24 hr of Great Glen one year...after the race we packed up and were heading home, but stopped at some place near Conway to eat. i ate some 'lava wings' and then one of my contact lenses was bugging me. :dead:

Crashby

Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Rochester, NY
Polandspring88 said:
Sorta like when you put on Icy Hot and then pee/play with yourself...thats also a fun time!
I think there was a story out there for a while where a guy used Icy Hot instead of lube while making sweet love to his girl... ohhhh mama....

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
bluebug32 said:
Happy Friday!

I actually got up early this morning to ride. Amazing for me and especially amazing for a Friday. It felt good though.
Sweet! Yah, it's warm here this morning - I'm going to take a long way riding to work. :)

WOOHOO

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Heidi said:
Sweet - yah, this is an Olympic Qualifier. It's great to get out and see other sports I can't do :)
I felt so good after boarding last night!!!

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Good morning,

Supposed to be 80 here today so might have to go for an evening ride.

9:00 AM ride scheduled for tomorrow morning to start getting ready for the 24 Hours in The Old Pueblo.

Have a good weekend!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
narlus said:
good spin class last night, except for the fact that the instructor, after openly soliciting people to burn new cds for the class, turned mine off after 1/2 through (right in the middle of The Catherine Wheel's "I Want To Touch You".

hmph.

if you ask for cds, then play 'em (or at least give some guidance of what you are looking for). bastard. :mumble:

well, if anyone is curious about it (i zipped for a fellow monkey and it's available @ yousendit for 25 downloads), you can find my spin cd and tracklisting for sampling. it's ~63MB, just so you know.
One of the reasons I can't do spin classes, I hate the crappy music they play.

Not saying your music was crappy, saying they shut off your tunes because it probably wasn't crappy.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
narlus said:
heh, i just got a call from chris, the spin class leader. he apologized for cutting my tunes off.
I've learned in my life that my choice of music does not appeal to more than one person in a random group of 10 people.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
MMcG said:
IAB you are turning into quite the Ski Bum this season.
We're trying to get our money's worth out of those season passes. We're halfway to our goal of 12 days skiing this season (which would make each ski day $35).

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Good morning! Pretty slow day here so far....my kids are participating in a school spelling bee so I have been catching up on e-mails and paperwork. Went to the Dr. yesterday and toured the maternity ward of the hospital...fun, fun, fun. They think the baby is 6lbs. now :eek: and I have 3 weeks left!!! Next week we're going to have another ultrasound to check her size, but she is currently "in position" so that's a good sign!

Have a great Friday everyone!

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
stosh said:
I've learned in my life that my choice of music does not appeal to more than one person in a random group of 10 people.
:stupid:

I've never been to a spinning class. What music do they usually play? Is it like the crap that people do cardio classes to?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Trainwreck said:
Good morning,

Supposed to be 80 here today so might have to go for an evening ride.

9:00 AM ride scheduled for tomorrow morning to start getting ready for the 24 Hours in The Old Pueblo.

Have a good weekend!
Such a fun race. I really wish I could be there this year :( Something to look forward to for next year though!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:

I've never been to a spinning class. What music do they usually play? Is it like the crap that people do cardio classes to?
Yes

Sometimes they play techno, then I flashbacks to my days of going to raves.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
bluebug32 said:

well, I have never been to an aerobics class - so not sure

the spin class I do she plays high tempo stuff, most stuff I never heard before

I am usually in too much pain to pay too much attention to the tunes..she goes w/high tempo so you can lock in your cadence @ 90-95 w/the beat of the music

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
bluebug32 said:

not to be sexist, but if it's a woman, expect horrible generic techno crap or really bad remakes of pop songs done in geneic techno style.

the men aren't much better, typically.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
bluebug32 said:
Yeah? I can't imagine you doing E and sucking on a pacifier as you roll around on the floor.
I'd pay money to see that.

Morning monkeys.

Class sucked. Dr. Pradip Sarkar is the dumbest, most boring, individual on the face of the planet. His lectures are such boring dreck that I think I'll start taking my MyFi and just staring off into space. Blargh.

Anyway, I'm done for the day, sitting around, doing nothing, and LOVING IT.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
narlus said:
not to be sexist, but if it's a woman, expect horrible generic techno crap or really bad remakes of pop songs done in geneic techno style.
I can believe that. I wonder if many of these instructors actually ride a bike outside of their little stationary, high RPM world?

Oh and thanks for sending the music. I'm at work, so I'll download it when I get home and let you know what I like :thumb: