Quantcast

~~good friday morning!!~~

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
bluebug32 said:
I can believe that. I wonder if many of these instructors actually ride a bike outside of their little stationary, high RPM world?

Oh and thanks for sending the music. I'm at work, so I'll download it when I get home and let you know what I like :thumb:

mine does....one of the things she did last year was the 2005 Tinman Tri (1.2mile swim, 56 mile bike, 13.1 mile run)

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
yo. Went to the gym last night. It kicked ass. I haven't been in a little while so I'm basically just doing wake-up exercises so that I don't end up in excruciating pain from over working anything.

Should be good to go for some trail work tomorrow.

I need to look for a new jorb...I'm at the point of maxing out in what I can do at this company...

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Oh, and I got some new ink yesterday. Here's some pics that came out decent. They really don't do the work justice though. I'll post more one things heal up a bit and the colors set in, the work was only a couple hours old when these were taken...

Front of left arm:

Side of arm:

Back on arm:

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
bluebug32 said:
I can believe that. I wonder if many of these instructors actually ride a bike outside of their little stationary, high RPM world?
Most of the instructors I've had do....but most students do not (you can tell by their squeaky clean bike shoes and cotton t-shirts and terrible pedaling form). But whatever. Spinning classes are not limited to cyclists and they are a great workout either way.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
of the 3 or so instructors @ my health club, only one rode actual bikes. of the two @ my work classes, one is a serious rider (cat 2 roadie i think?) and the other is not a rider.

Tig, there's a giant koi on yr arm!

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
OK - I finally got to work...it was an adventure ride this morning. I had to ride pavement, then drop down a ravine and travel along an ice path, then downt he side of the hill to a gravel access road, down even further on what felt like the side of a glacier. :( It was pure frozen solid snow...a big ice cube. My studs were working okay but I'd never taken this trail and it dead ended by a river. Booooooo. So I got off to turn around and I slipped and fell. LOL. At this point I am sweating up a storm, my clothes in my backpack are probably completely wrinkled. I don't know exactly where I am but I'm not really lost, and I'm "late" for work. HAHAHA - what a blast. :)

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Heidi said:
I don't know exactly where I am but I'm not really lost, and I'm "late" for work. HAHAHA - what a blast. :)
yet somehow you managed to find a computer.... interesting :rolleyes:
congrats on your new discovery!!! I love adventures by bicycle

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
hooples3 said:
yet somehow you managed to find a computer.... interesting :rolleyes:
congrats on your new discovery!!! I love adventures by bicycle

ummmm, I'm telling the story afterwards you dork!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Heidi said:
OK - I finally got to work...it was an adventure ride this morning. I had to ride pavement, then drop down a ravine and travel along an ice path, then downt he side of the hill to a gravel access road, down even further on what felt like the side of a glacier. :( It was pure frozen solid snow...a big ice cube. My studs were working okay but I'd never taken this trail and it dead ended by a river. Booooooo. So I got off to turn around and I slipped and fell. LOL. At this point I am sweating up a storm, my clothes in my backpack are probably completely wrinkled. I don't know exactly where I am but I'm not really lost, and I'm "late" for work. HAHAHA - what a blast. :)
LOL!!! Sounds like quite the adventure :thumb:

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
McGRP01 said:
Oh, and I got some new ink yesterday. Here's some pics that came out decent. They really don't do the work justice though. I'll post more one things heal up a bit and the colors set in, the work was only a couple hours old when these were taken...

Front of left arm:

Side of arm:

Back on arm:

Nice!. I go in Monday to finish my half-sleeve.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
SkaredShtles said:
I thought it was a carp. ;)
Koi/Carp... :)

"The Japanese consider it the most spirited of fish, so full of energy and power that it can fight its way up swift-running streams and cascades. Because of its strength and determination to overcome all obstacles, it stands for courage and the ability to attain high goals. The carp is an appropriate symbol to encourage the overcoming of life's difficulties leading to consequent success."

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
McGRP01 said:

"The Japanese consider it the most spirited of fish, so full of energy and power that it can fight its way up swift-running streams and cascades. Because of its strength and determination to overcome all obstacles, it stands for courage and the ability to attain high goals. The carp is an appropriate symbol to encourage the overcoming of life's difficulties leading to consequent success."
Yeah - in England it's prized as a sport fish.

Growing up we considered it nothing more than a muck-dwelling bottom feeder. :D

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
McGRP01 said:

Funny, you don't loop Japanese.

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
Shyrmp said:
Sweet! :thumb:

Good Morning/Afternoon! :D

Santa dropped a late present yesterday :love:

I'm really busy at work today, so I better get back to it. Have a good day monkies! :)

Cool! he got you a great poster:) Have fun with the new fork.:) :)