Quantcast

~~Good Friday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

I had a nice night, I went to look at some houses which worked out well. We're still very undecided after we noticed a few potential deal breakers in the house we've been looking at.

Other than that nothing new, hope ya all have a great day and a great weekend!!!

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Sunshine today.

So you won't be moving out of state Stosh?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
stosh, don't rush in yr 1st house purchase, esp since it sounds like you were really planning on initiating it in the 1st place (the phrase 'fell into our lap' comes to mind).

my night was ok, but spent mainly doing work i couldn't get done yesterday while minding the kids (mainly otis). being on a conference call when 4 roofers are banging away, and a 4 y/o is yelling for a PB&J isn't the easiest.

plans for the day? dropped miles off @ the bus stop, and just did a 20 min stint on the rowing machine (want to get this back into the regular routine too) while otis was playing some new Hot Wheels PC game i bought last night when getting a replacement for my dead keyboard.

off to gymnastics soon, then back and hopefully get some more work done.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good morning...

Glad it's Friday as well. This week has been really long.....nice weather though here in NC for it being January. I can't get over how mild it's been. Lots of bugs this summer I guess.

Got plans for doing a lot of trailwork this weekend. Got a new line started earlier this week and have been hauling butt out to the trail every day after work to get in about an hour of dig time before darkness sets in. I like that the days are getting slightly longer.......won't be long before spring gets here.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Good morning! Happy Friday!

Went to the gym last night and worked shoulders...my first shoulders workout in six weeks. Ugh. I was hurtin'. It's been a good exercise week (since monday): Three weight training sessions, a hockey game, and a run on a treadmill.

Tonight, MBC and I head up to Mt Snow again. We're doing a charity snowshoe walk tomorrow morning, then we'll ski in the afternoon. More skiing Sunday, then home in time for playoff football. Should be a great weekend. HOORAY!

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh.

Back on the trainer this morning... 45minutes this time. Started watching Crash to help pass the time. It looks to be a decent movie, will be interesting to see how all the racial elements come together.

Sean was up again last night... I'm really dragging. Got phase I of Renae's party tonight (oh joy). Guess that's about it.

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
Woohoo! It's Friday! Looking forward to the weekend; it's supposed to be 72 tomorrow, and it's gorgeous out today. Hopefully I'll get outside at lunchtime. :)

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
jacksonpt said:
Mornin Stosh.

Back on the trainer this morning... 45minutes this time. Started watching Crash to help pass the time. It looks to be a decent movie, will be interesting to see how all the racial elements come together.

Sean was up again last night... I'm really dragging. Got phase I of Renae's party tonight (oh joy). Guess that's about it.

what time do you get up to get on th trainer?

I liked Crash

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
narlus said:
stosh, don't rush in yr 1st house purchase, esp since it sounds like you were really planning on initiating it in the 1st place (the phrase 'fell into our lap' comes to mind).
Thats what I realised last night. THere are pleanty more homes out there. We've been taking our time up till now, we just thought we may have found a deal. We realised last night, it wasn't such a deal.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
robdamanii said:
Morning stosh.

I'm in Highland, just a-waiting for the shop to open up so I can go finish Beth's bike and pur my new parts on. We need directions to Sweeny's too....
Are you sure you need directions? You know how to get to Stewart and it's on the way to Stewart.

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
Good morning all,

My dog, managed to pull the stitches out of an incision last night, so she had about a three inch hole on her left flank, where she had a large cyst removed.

When we we got home from shopping she was laying on the floor trying to lick it. I didn't have the heart to stitch her up myself, so I get to leave work shortly and take her back to the vet. I managed squirt some neosporin w/pain killer in the wound, and get some butterfly closures, telfa/gauze pad on and wrap her entire stomach with sports wrap so she couldn't get to it. The closures aren't going to hold well because they didn't fully shave the area. My patch held up over-night so she'll be good to go to the vet and maybe get new stiches, I'm not sure. You normally don't stich after 24 hours but this is a big incision, and butterfly closures aren't going to work well.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
douglas said:
what time do you get up to get on th trainer?

I liked Crash
The alarm went off at 5:35 - let the dogs out, fill water bottle, put on riding shorts/shirt/shoes/gloves, put in movie... on the trainer and spinning at 5:48.

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
Good mornin' all. Its kind of nice out I guess, hard to tell from inside my room. I went out for a good walk last night which was nice. Off to 3 classes today, then buying books, then hitting the post office then finally done for the week.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
GumbaFish said:
Good mornin' all. Its kind of nice out I guess, hard to tell from inside my room. I went out for a good walk last night which was nice. Off to 3 classes today, then buying books, then hitting the post office then finally done for the week.
It feels like spring!!!

Aside from not being able to snowboard much I don't mind the warmish winter.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
robdamanii said:
We probably do need directions. We both generally suck with directions and remembering them.
Ok there Jersey Girl!!!

Ha sweet!!

I found you a new avatar

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Morning Monkeys!!

stosh.. plenty of houses out there.. if i picked the one i first liked, i would have never have found the one we have now..

not to much on agenda today.. i am trying to get a ride in tonight if possible, if not tonightthen it will have to be saturday.

enjoy the day !!

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
jacksonpt said:
The alarm went off at 5:35 - let the dogs out, fill water bottle, put on riding shorts/shirt/shoes/gloves, put in movie... on the trainer and spinning at 5:48.

yesterday I actually was thinking of trying to add an occasional morning spin..but I'd have to get up at 5:00 to get 45 min's in.

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
I wouldn't mind some snow, this is just weird and unnatural more then anything. I need some snow to feel less weirded out by this 'winter'...plus I would like to get out snowshoeing and sledding.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
hooples3 said:
Morning Monkeys!!

stosh.. plenty of houses out there.. if i picked the one i first liked, i would have never have found the one we have now..

not to much on agenda today.. i am trying to get a ride in tonight if possible, if not tonightthen it will have to be saturday.

enjoy the day !!
I'm going to Darkhorse cycles to get my head set pressed in.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
GumbaFish said:
I wouldn't mind some snow, this is just weird and unnatural more then anything. I need some snow to feel less weirded out by this 'winter'...plus I would like to get out snowshoeing and sledding.
Yeah true, it does feel unnatural.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
douglas said:
yesterday I actually was thinking of trying to add an occasional morning spin..but I'd have to get up at 5:00 to get 45 min's in.
yea, it's tough. I need to get up a bit earlier to get in a full hour. 30 minutes is nice... and generally that's plenty for first thing in the morning. Upping it to 45 minutes wasn't noticably different - if I'm going to increase the time, I think I need to go up to a full hour.

Starting in Feb, I think this is going to be my plan of attack:
Monday: trainer, 30 minutes, before work
Tuesday: weights, before bed
Wedensday: trainer, 60 minutes, before work
Thursday: weights, before bed
Friday: trainer, 30 minutes, before work
Weekend: whatever... try to ride when possible...

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
Reactor said:
My patch held up over-night so she'll be good to go to the vet and maybe get new stiches, I'm not sure. You normally don't stich after 24 hours but this is a big incision, and butterfly closures aren't going to work well.
They might try some vet-bond or one of the other cyanoacrylates that hold well. If he's a chewer you know the dog is going to need the cone, right?
SPACE.....DOGGGGG!!!

Hope your pup heals up well.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Hey Stosh

Trying to get through work on this beautiful day! Rob is sweet and is going to the LBS to finish my bike with my brand new fork which is gonna be awesome! Hopefully we'll get a ride in tomorrow at Vassar.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
Hey Stosh

Trying to get through work on this beautiful day! Rob is sweet and is going to the LBS to finish my bike with my brand new fork which is gonna be awesome! Hopefully we'll get a ride in tomorrow at Vassar.
I need to buy a bunch of stuff for my new frame. I'm in no rush though!
Although... to be able to go bike riding on my b-day would f'ing rock!

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Just got back from a hellish Electrical Engineering quiz. Only knew how to do 2 out of the 4 problems worth a grand total of 50 points. That seemed to be a universal problem as I heard many grumbles about the 2 that I also did not know how to do. Hopefully there is a scale...

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Good morning! Had a nice night last night. Found out that I am in the very early stages of labor so the baby will be coming soon :D I CAN'T WAIT!!! Have another Dr. apt. soon to keep checking on the progress. YEAH!!! Tonight the hubby & I might go on a date :love: so that will be nice. Other than that, not too much else is going on!

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
stosh said:
I need to buy a bunch of stuff for my new frame. I'm in no rush though!
Although... to be able to go bike riding on my b-day would f'ing rock!
Yeah, I hear that. Luckily I made it a point to convey these needs around christmas time and got pretty well hooked up that way, along with the buy and sell forum. Now it's time to watch my money and enjoy the great new ride I have (seems fair enough!).

In terms of tonight, Rob and I will have dinner and a couple of drinks, but we can definitely drive there (thanks for the offer though). Now, Mr. Stosh, I need some directions. At night and in the winter, things look a little different than summer. You can just email them. Thanks! Can't wait to see you guys.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
TreeSaw said:
Good morning! Had a nice night last night. Found out that I am in the very early stages of labor so the baby will be coming soon :D I CAN'T WAIT!!! Have another Dr. apt. soon to keep checking on the progress. YEAH!!! Tonight the hubby & I might go on a date :love: so that will be nice. Other than that, not too much else is going on!
Awesome! I'm so excited for you guys!!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
TreeSaw said:
Sweet!! I have my fingers crossed for Sunday, my b-day!!!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
bluebug32 said:
Awesome! I'm so excited for you guys!!!
stosh said:
Sweet!! I have my fingers crossed for Sunday, my b-day!!!
THANKS :D We're pretty psyched! I think Earl is getting a little nervous though ;) We've been cracking jokes all day...I'll call him and he'll say..."OMG are you on your way to the hospital" and I'll say...nope...kid just fell out :devil:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
TreeSaw said:
THANKS :D We're pretty psyched! I think Earl is getting a little nervous though ;) We've been cracking jokes all day...I'll call him and he'll say..."OMG are you on your way to the hospital" and I'll say...nope...kid just fell out :devil:
You at school?