Quantcast

~~Good Friday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

We got chased off the Mtn last night by the snowmakers. Man that schit hurts when it hits your face.

Hitting the gym tonight.

What's everybody got on tap for the weekend?

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Morning Stosh.

Going home for the weekend to visit the parental units.

Not much planned for the weekend. Just getting some things done that I've been meaning to do, like looking for a filing cabinet, copying some reports, etc etc.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh.

Trainer last night - 90 minutes, 23.1 miles
Weights tonight - mostly upper body
hopefully a real ride over the weekend, maybe even a night ride :love:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
'morning. Weekend is here!

Got a lunch date this afternoon - picking up chinese food and having lunch with the girl :)

Looks like it's going to be a nice weekend...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Taking the afternoon off for a Doctors apointment (cough cough cough, Dr Mountain Bike that is):). Should be sunny and warm so I'll be riding tomorrow too.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Westy said:
Taking the afternoon off for a Doctors apointment (cough cough cough, Dr Mountain Bike that is):). Should be sunny and warm so I'll be riding tomorrow too.
Damn man, it's like 20 here today.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning - skated at hockey practice last night, then took Liam and Connor out for Burgers and hot dogs and fries and Milk Shakes at Shady Glen - good times!

Jackson - you are going to be in kickass shape come springtime.

I have done very little pedaling in the last six months - but I have been ice skating a lot. I guess that means I should have some power and energy for short steep climbs come springtime, as long as I have the spinning muscles developed in my legs eventually.

I'm having a blast spending so much time on the ice though so I really don't miss riding my bikes too much.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
SkaredShtles said:
:confused: :confused: :confused:

Are these like little trolls that come out of the woods and create snow? :think:

Snowmakers........... this concept perplexes me..........
Yeah I know, I'll tell you what though, for having a ski slope in NJ they do a good job of keeping it open.

For $15 on a weeknight and 10min from my office, I can't really complain.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MMcG said:
Morning - skated at hockey practice last night, then took Liam and Connor out for Burgers and hot dogs and fries and Milk Shakes at Shady Glen - good times!

I have done very little pedaling in the last six months - but I have been ice skating a lot. I guess that means I should have some power and energy for short steep climbs come springtime, as long as I have the spinning muscles developed in my legs eventually.

I'm having a blast spending so much time on the ice though so I really don't miss riding my bikes too much.
Thats how I feel about snowboarding. Last year I didn't do a damn thing thru winter and this year I've been snowboarding as much as I went for the past 2 years total. It's been great and while I miss biking I don't miss it as much as last year.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
saw big momma's house II for free...I was suprised being it was pretty funny, enough so that i might go rent big momma's house to see if that was equally funny

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MMcG said:
Stosh that is cool that you can go boarding so often - does Aubrey ski or snowboard too?
No, we tried that ONCE. She's not a big fan of "COLD".
Plus, not having the proper clothing to keep her warm isn't good either.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
MMcG said:
that's kinda what I'm hoping for. Initially I just wanted to avoid the 15lbs of winter weight I usually put on... but now that that is pretty much a given, I'm hoping to be a leg up on a lot of people come May.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
I just woke up. :) I took the day off for no real reason. We're heading up to Mt Snow tonight for the weekend. The snow is supposed to be pretty good. :)
Do you stay at a hotel there? Care to elaborate which one?

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
Morning! BV is coming for lunch and bringing chinese food...yum! :D Other than that, pretty excited that it's supposed to be in the high 60's and sunny tomorrow! I will be enjoying the sun and the hot tub! :D

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
stosh said:
Do you stay at a hotel there? Care to elaborate which one?
MBC's cousin lives about four miles from the base lodge so we stay with them. Free lodging. WOO HOO! Her dad also owns a condo there (he's on Mt Snow ski patrol).

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
jacksonpt said:
that's kinda what I'm hoping for. Initially I just wanted to avoid the 15lbs of winter weight I usually put on... but now that that is pretty much a given, I'm hoping to be a leg up on a lot of people come May.

I got about 10 of your 15 :mumble:

I wish I kept track of hours on the bike/week in the summer...I'm doing 6-8 hours cardio/now and I'm f'ing gaining weight!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
MBC's cousin lives about four miles from the base lodge so we stay with them. Free lodging. WOO HOO! Her dad also owns a condo there (he's on Mt Snow ski patrol).
F'ing A!

We're trying to set up a mini-guys weekend to a larger ski slope in MA, VT, or NH. We're not sure where to go though.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
douglas said:
I got about 10 of your 15 :mumble:

I wish I kept track of hours on the bike/week in the summer...I'm doing 6-8 hours cardio/now and I'm f'ing gaining weight!
I hear ya man. I'm maintaining/maybe losing a small amount. With the amount of cardio I've been doing I should be dropping pounds like crazy. Getting old sucks.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Stosh....I'm proud of you for keeping up with your workouts. You'll be a lean, mean, Internet-fighting machine before too long. :)

My day is going pretty good so far--a little hectic. One of my fellow managers here had his house burn down yesterday, so I'm trying to manage his stuff and mine today as he won't be in to the office for a few days, so everything is pretty much set on turbo-mode. One of the bosses is in a foul mood today, so I'm doing everything I can to rock the corporate camoflage and blend smartly with my environment. I evaded detection earlier by masquerading as a box of wrenches and toilet paper---the key is to remain very still......very, very still.

I won't lie to you.....I stayed up too late last night drinking beer with my wife and a good friend of mine. We killed the 1/4 keg of Miller Lite that I had just bought just about a week ago, and moved on to the liquor cabinet where the martinis started to flow like a cool mountain stream. Somewhere around 1:30am I realized that I had to be up at 5:30, so I broke the party up and hit the hay. Boy, that was more like a fast nap than actual slumber.......

Anyways....gotta run. Y'all have a good weekend. Pops and myself may run over to the Saltwater Fishing Expo to check out some deep-sea boats on Saturday. He's looking at trading in his flats boat for something we can get out and get those bluefins, kings and stripers with.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Greyhound said:
Stosh....I'm proud of you for keeping up with your workouts. You'll be a lean, mean, Internet-fighting machine before too long. :)

My day is going pretty good so far--a little hectic. One of my fellow managers here had his house burn down yesterday, so I'm trying to manage his stuff and mine today as he won't be in to the office for a few days, so everything is pretty much set on turbo-mode. One of the bosses is in a foul mood today, so I'm doing everything I can to rock the corporate camoflage and blend smartly with my environment. I evaded detection earlier by masquerading as a box of wrenches and toilet paper---the key is to remain very still......very, very still.

I won't lie to you.....I stayed up too late last night drinking beer with my wife and a good friend of mine. We killed the 1/4 keg of Miller Lite that I had just bought just about a week ago, and moved on to the liquor cabinet where the martinis started to flow like a cool mountain stream. Somewhere around 1:30am I realized that I had to be up at 5:30, so I broke the party up and hit the hay. Boy, that was more like a fast nap than actual slumber.......

Anyways....gotta run. Y'all have a good weekend. Pops and myself may run over to the Saltwater Fishing Expo to check out some deep-sea boats on Saturday. He's looking at trading in his flats boat for something we can get out and get those bluefins, kings and stripers with.
Yeah I just need to modify my diet, thats the hardest part.

I didn't think it was possible to drink that much Miller. F'ing YUCK!!