Quantcast

~~~Good Friday Morning!!~~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

I had an awesome time snowboarding last night!! I landed the first 360 I've ever tried. Then I over spun the second one and caught my heel side edge and dumped bad.
I also hit a few rails last night which I haven't done in year!! I had a total blast and got to catch up with some old friends. What a great time!!

Hope ya all have a great weekend.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Cool, stosh! Sounds like fun! Do you guys have warm weather this week? What's that doing to the snow?

Went to the gym last night and did a legs weight training session for the first time in about nine months. I'm hurting today, and the pain will only worsen as the day wears on. :dead: God damn squats.

I'm looking forward to the three day weekend. I'm taking MBC out for pizza tomorrow night, then we'll head to mom's Sunday to watch part of the Daytona 500 and get fed (mom is a huge NASCAR fan).

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
stosh said:
I had an awesome time snowboarding last night!! I landed the first 360 I've ever tried. Then I over spun the second one and caught my heel side edge and dumped bad.
I also hit a few rails last night which I haven't done in year!! I had a total blast and got to catch up with some old friends. What a great time!!
QUOTE]
did you whiplash when you caught your edge and come down hard on your back and head? Been there... don't wanna do that again!!!

I had a great night last night...
  • watched a little Curling when I got home
  • then went to my chiropractor, and he gave me a final adjustment to fix up the damage from the fall a few weeks ago.
  • Then went to the last open jam at a blues bar I have been going to and playing at for years... the drummer saw me in the crowd, (I haven't been there in months) and made me play so he could get a break... I kicked some ass, and broke his bass drum head in the process :rolleyes: OOPs :help: but I had several people ask me if I was interested in putting together a band, so who knows what will come of it!!! Didn't get home till almost 2, and up at 5 so I am TIRED

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Morning Monkeys!!

stosh: sounds like your tearing it up!!

not too much going on today.. I have to get to fed ex and ship out some of the frames that have sold. then later on is 2 for 1 happy hour with a few friends.. and they have Yuengling!!!! its going to be a great night!!!!!

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
I wish I had a three day weekend, oh well. It looks pretty rainy and windy out today, but then again what else can you expect from syracuse. Hope everybody has a good day.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Sounds like fun, stosh.

Didn't do much exciting last night but did watch a bunch of the Olympics. Boarder cross is cool.

New stereo goes together this weekend :D

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Six degrees when I got up this morning. Wife's going skiing this weekend and I think I'll take the boys up snowshoeing if it isn't too frikkin' cold.

Watched the Olympics last night. Well - a little. All I can say is "Too much f***ing figure skating." :mad:

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
Morning everyone! Thank goodness it's the weekend. :rolleyes: 70s again today....fabulous! Probably having a few beers after work with some of the guys, but not much else planned. Supposed to rain on Saturday...wish I could be outside. Oh well. Guess I'll be snuggled up inside with bv. Have a good one, guys! :D

Edit: The big, ugly speakers are going up....there will be no snuggling. ;)

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh.

Hit the trainer last night for an hour while I watched Blade Trinity. Movie was OK at best, but Jessica Beil looked pretty good in it. She's no Jessica Alba, but she's in pretty good shape for the movie and plays a character that could definitely kick my ass, and there's something sexy about that.

Dropped my truck off for service today (oil change and tire balance). I'm driving to Virginia (just out side of DC) for work next week... I'm past due on my oil change and my tires are waaaay out of balance. Hopefully they can get them close so the drive next week will be more enjoyable.

Not much on for today... lots of loose ends to tie up since I'll be gone all next week.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
Cool, stosh! Sounds like fun! Do you guys have warm weather this week? What's that doing to the snow?

Went to the gym last night and did a legs weight training session for the first time in about nine months. I'm hurting today, and the pain will only worsen as the day wears on. :dead: God damn squats.

I'm looking forward to the three day weekend. I'm taking MBC out for pizza tomorrow night, then we'll head to mom's Sunday to watch part of the Daytona 500 and get fed (mom is a huge NASCAR fan).
The snow was super soft and slushy last night. These are the best days for riding in northern NJ. There was some girls riding in tank tops last night.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
brungeman said:
stosh said:
QUOTE]
did you whiplash when you caught your edge and come down hard on your back and head? Been there... don't wanna do that again!!!

I had a great night last night...
  • watched a little Curling when I got home
  • then went to my chiropractor, and he gave me a final adjustment to fix up the damage from the fall a few weeks ago.
  • Then went to the last open jam at a blues bar I have been going to and playing at for years... the drummer saw me in the crowd, (I haven't been there in months) and made me play so he could get a break... I kicked some ass, and broke his bass drum head in the process :rolleyes: OOPs :help: but I had several people ask me if I was interested in putting together a band, so who knows what will come of it!!! Didn't get home till almost 2, and up at 5 so I am TIRED
Yeah I got a little whiplash but mostly my butt hurts. I need one of thoes donut seat pillow things.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning! Not much going on... I went and picked up the SS after work yesterday, she's finally done. I'll try to get some pics up tonight. Was going to do a nightride last night but the wife isn't feeling well so I stayed home and took care of the baby while she went to bed early. I'll be working all weekend, so nothing planned there either. Have a good day all! :)

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
G'Mornin...

Pizza and Beer night last night. Fantastic as always. Justine and I headed over to a local spot afterward to listen to the piano guy belt out some blues and had a couple pints of Stella Artois. My favorite. We promised ourselves that we would get home early, but as usual, it was well after midnight before we got home and I had to be in at work before 6 this morning. Yuck.

Heading out for a ride around lunchtime since I'm getting off early and it's going to be beautiful with temps in the low 70's. We're getting our taxes done later on this afternoon, so it will be nice to get that done and off my back. Advocate for the Fair Tax Program, people. That's 100% of your check going home to you every week.

http://www.fairtax.org/

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Greyhound said:
G'Mornin...

Pizza and Beer night last night. Fantastic as always. Justine and I headed over to a local spot afterward to listen to the piano guy belt out some blues and had a couple pints of Stella Artois. My favorite. We promised ourselves that we would get home early, but as usual, it was well after midnight before we got home and I had to be in at work before 6 this morning. Yuck.
Yeah I have a horrible case of Dragass today!!! what kinda blues?

J

JRB

Good morning. Spent a while building up my old Jamis that I traded in for the shop so they can sell a complete bike. He had some Hayes Soles to put on, but Hayes had a brainstorm to just us IS mounts, so they won't work on the Skareb I have on the frame. He brought me some ProMax mechanicals that will be decent, but since they are used he didn't notice that the genius at his other store put disc brake quiet on the brakes. :mad: It was a pain in the ass to even get the pads out, as they seem glued. I have to get some disc brake cleaner tonight and try to melt this crap out. These are the mechanics we have around here.

*not sure why I typed all of this since I learned that no one reads my posts, after reading the ignore list thread.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
brungeman said:
Yeah I have a horrible case of Dragass today!!! what kinda blues?
I was having a day of dragass then I got whopped by about 10 people needing all kinds of crap so now after that and a large coffee I'm up and running.

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
loco said:
Good morning. Spent a while building up my old Jamis that I traded in for the shop so they can sell a complete bike. He had some Hayes Soles to put on, but Hayes had a brainstorm to just us IS mounts, so they won't work on the Skareb I have on the frame. He brought me some ProMax mechanicals that will be decent, but since they are used he didn't notice that the genius at his other store put disc brake quiet on the brakes. :mad: It was a pain in the ass to even get the pads out, as they seem glued. I have to get some disc brake cleaner tonight and try to melt this crap out. These are the mechanics we have around here.

*not sure why I typed all of this since I learned that no one reads my posts, after reading the ignore list thread.
You do suck but that is no reason to ignore.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Goodmorning

It's an icky day today. Had a great ride on the trainer last night and my legs felt so strong. Rob's heading down today and it looks like we'll be inside for the most part. Might try to find a new pair of shoes because riding my roadbike inside in my mountainbike shoes is getting my carpet caked in mud and the height of my cleats makes it difficult to clip in. So I'll see if I can find something on sale :) I locked my Kikapu in my landlord's shed last night, so we'll hope for the best. I'll just keep checking that it's still there!

J

JRB

bluebug32 said:
Goodmorning

It's an icky day today. Had a great ride on the trainer last night and my legs felt so strong. Rob's heading down today and it looks like we'll be inside for the most part. Might try to find a new pair of shoes because riding my roadbike inside in my mountainbike shoes is getting my carpet caked in mud and the height of my cleats makes it difficult to clip in. So I'll see if I can find something on sale :) I locked my Kikapu in my landlord's shed last night, so we'll hope for the best. I'll just keep checking that it's still there!

Is there anything in there to lock it to inside as well? That would make me feel better.

It is supposedly going to ice over here tonight or tomorrow. Not really all that excited since I worked all week and the weather was perfect. Now it will be in the 30s and raining, when I could ride.

Oh well. As you can see, I am content to spend my days posting on Ridemonkey.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
bluebug32 said:
Goodmorning

I locked my Kikapu in my landlord's shed last night, so we'll hope for the best. I'll just keep checking that it's still there!
hopefully where you are, people wont know the value and just look past it and not bother with the lock etc... as my wise friend once said, "locks only keep out honest people!"

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
brungeman said:
what kinda blues?
The guy plays all kinds of stuff.....lots of obscure R&B tunes that are more Chicago than Delta. He knows about 1,000 songs and will rip a spot-on version of "Low Spark of High-Heeled Boys" and then flip it up with "Let the Good Times Roll."

So, basically......a good time at a redneck piano bar. Can you imagine that? :p

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Hey Greyhound... how long does beer last in that Kegerator of yours? I was just trying to figure out if it's kept both cold and pressurized how long the beer would stay good for.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
loco said:
Is there anything in there to lock it to inside as well? That would make me feel better.
I locked it to a steal pole and covered it with a blanket. I think I'll talk to him in the spring when I'm riding it more, explain it value and that I intend to keep things cleaner and buy a mat, etc.

J

JRB

bluebug32 said:
I locked it to a steal pole and covered it with a blanket. I think I'll talk to him in the spring when I'm riding it more, explain it value and that I intend to keep things cleaner and buy a mat, etc.
I don't know how safe a "steal" pole is. I would find something more like a steel pole to lock it to. You are in NY, you know??? :D

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
antimony said:
Edit: The big, ugly speakers are going up....there will be no snuggling. ;)
Hahaha!

I was waiting for you to chime in on the speakers. To men, those speakers are works of art, to most women they are those "big ugly speakers."

Classic!

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
MMcG said:
Hahaha!

I was waiting for you to chime in on the speakers. To men, those speakers are works of art, to most women they are those "big ugly speakers."

Classic!
Thanks! I am glad to validate your stereotype! :D

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
hey monkeys. i kinda felt like crap yesterday, but decided to sit in on the spin class anyway. i did my own thing though, and didn't follow the class. did 70 minutes @ near constant effort (~153 bpm), instead of intervals.

didn't feel that great when i got home, so i ate some raisin bran and went to bed. got in late today. woop woop.

stosh, congrats on yr aerial daredevilry.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Greyhound said:
"Let the Good Times Roll."
that was the first song I played last night...

HEY EVERYBODY.... BANG!

Greyhound said:
So, basically......a good time at a redneck piano bar. Can you imagine that? :p
that is great... you gotta love the whole live music thing....!