Quantcast

~~Good Friday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

I had an awesome day yesterday! I worked till about 2pm from home then my friend came and picked Aubrey and myself up for an evening of skiing. I had Aubrey try snowboarding once before and for the most part it was a failure. Last night she tried skiing for her second time ever and she did totally awesome!!! By the end of the night she was keeping up with us boarders with no problems. A few other friends met us out there and the conditions ROCKED too!!!

Hope ya all have a great day and a great weekend!!

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Spring break starts for me after my last class today. Hoping to RIDE every day. Still on my mission not to die in colorado.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh.

Had a decent night last night. Finally got to try out the snowshoes I got for Christmas. Also had a pretty good workout.

Was up early this morning to snowblow the driveway. By the time I got showered and dressed, the wind had blown enough sno back across the driveway to make it hard to tell that I had cleared it less than 1 hour before. Stupid snow drifts.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
stosh said:
How is everybody today?

I had an awesome day yesterday! I worked till about 2pm from home then my friend came and picked Aubrey and myself up for an evening of skiing. I had Aubrey try snowboarding once before and for the most part it was a failure. Last night she tried skiing for her second time ever and she did totally awesome!!! By the end of the night she was keeping up with us boarders with no problems. A few other friends met us out there and the conditions ROCKED too!!!

Hope ya all have a great day and a great weekend!!
sounds great how were conditions?

Morning ALL...

Bek and Emma left with my mom for the weekend up to Endwell NY to visit my sister and her kids... WHOOT WHOOT... batchelor time... brewin tonight... riding Sat, and Sunday!!! should be sweet!!!

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Morning
yesterday i complained about my job, about how I felt we shouldnt be running in such poor weather and such..
well I have been at work since yesterday 5am. except for a trip to costco, and a quick trip home to shower and change at 11pm last night i have been here at work. we had a major breakdown and have been frantically trying to fix it. it was finally fixed 3am this morning.. we just finished making asphalt ..all because management HAS to have asphalt for a pothole blitz this weekend.. so i am tired and need a nice nap..hopefully I can go home soon..
Today is not a good day ....

Have a great day

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
Morning! Had a fabulous afternoon yesterday. Left work a bit before 3, went home and enjoyed the beautiful weather and went running. It's way past time to get my gross self into shape. Also enjoyed the hot tub last night. It was still about 74 when we went outside at 8pm. :D So incredibly happy it's Friday! Going to a wine tasting tomorrow with BV, and looking forward to some more nice weather! Happy Friday, all! :weee:

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. I'm just watching the clock 'till closing time. MBC and I are going out for an awesome steak dinner tonight (well, steak for me, salmon for her). My brother sent MBC a $100 gift certificate for doing his taxes.

Mmmm...free steak, mushrooms, salad, and beer. :drool:

Other than that, I had a killer legs workout last night. I'm feeling the hurt this morning. :)

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
hit up spin class for the 1st time in two weeks. felt a bit weak, despite the running i've done in the interim. at least hte instructor used some of the tunes i gave him to burn a cd (fairly predictable use of Foo Fighters, Danzig and Monster Magnet, but was good to hear Drive By Truckers, Fu Manchu and two songs from Asian Dub Foundation).

fairly slow day @ work which is good as i can catch up lingering stuff from the last two weeks. hope to get out for a ride this weekend, at least on the road if nothing else.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
brungeman said:
sounds great how were conditions?

Morning ALL...

Bek and Emma left with my mom for the weekend up to Endwell NY to visit my sister and her kids... WHOOT WHOOT... batchelor time... brewin tonight... riding Sat, and Sunday!!! should be sweet!!!
They were great for crusing around however under the top 4" of fresh powder was hard hard hard pack so it still hurt to fall.

Aubrey is psyched to go back and tell her 3rd grade class what she did on her snowday.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
hooples3 said:
Morning
yesterday i complained about my job, about how I felt we shouldnt be running in such poor weather and such..
well I have been at work since yesterday 5am. except for a trip to costco, and a quick trip home to shower and change at 11pm last night i have been here at work. we had a major breakdown and have been frantically trying to fix it. it was finally fixed 3am this morning.. we just finished making asphalt ..all because management HAS to have asphalt for a pothole blitz this weekend.. so i am tired and need a nice nap..hopefully I can go home soon..
Today is not a good day ....

Have a great day
Holy fawk man that sucks!!!
Lots of OT though?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
'Morning. I'm just watching the clock 'till closing time. MBC and I are going out for an awesome steak dinner tonight (well, steak for me, salmon for her). My brother sent MBC a $100 gift certificate for doing his taxes.

Mmmm...free steak, mushrooms, salad, and beer. :drool:

Other than that, I had a killer legs workout last night. I'm feeling the hurt this morning. :)
When are you guys heading back up to Killington?

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
First day of spring break is today. Passed in all my stuff. Today = job searching as it is too cold to go riding. Sunday will be a different story though as it is supposed to get up around 40.

I would like to say thank you to whoever posted that link about George Bush being unable to ride a bike. In one of the discussion forums for a class I wrote that George Bush cannot even ride a bicycle nevermind run a country. My teacher told me that he laughed hysterically when he read that.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Morning all. It's looking like a good weekend to do some heavy skate skiing and riding. Now that I have my technique down perfectly from watching the Olympics I should dominate :)

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Morning.

My midterms are over after 12 examins in two and a half weeks. I'm toasted from them.

Now I'm waiting for my wheels to arrive and doing some things around the house that have been neglected during the exam weeks.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Good morning

Had to stay at work through the snow storm yesterday (and practically ran off the road trying to drive home), so I'm leaving early today. This weekend involves visiting my mom and a friend and heading to the city.

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Good morning,

Weather is way too nice here to be working. Severe case of spring fever. Weekend plans are a single speed ride tomorrow and Sunday is still open to MTB or road bike.

Encountered a rider with a flat tire pushing a bike down the street this morning on the way to work. Stopped and asked if he needed a ride, it ended up being a law clerk that works in my building. Saved him a mile or more of hike a bike.

Under peer pressure I foolishly registered again for Epic Rides' Whiskey Offroad event this May in Prescott - 25 miles / 4290 vertical feet of climbing (I'm too wimpy for the 50 miler). I hurt already.

Have a nice weekend...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
We have not really planned anything yet. It wouldn't be until at least late April.
Wow, late April huh....
I'm trying to plan a trip as we speak... I was thinking late March. HOw is the skiing there in April?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
jacksonpt said:
Mornin Stosh.

Had a decent night last night. Finally got to try out the snowshoes I got for Christmas. Also had a pretty good workout.

Was up early this morning to snowblow the driveway. By the time I got showered and dressed, the wind had blown enough sno back across the driveway to make it hard to tell that I had cleared it less than 1 hour before. Stupid snow drifts.
Sweet! What kind of snowshoes did you get? Sq-Earl and I have talked about getting some basic ones for cross training but we really don't know all that much about them.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning! My house is nice and quiet for a couple more days...Sq-Earl is out with the boys snowmobiling so it's me and the baby again today. My sisters are coming over to play with the baby at somepoint tonight or tomorrow too so that will be fun.

I am working on a baby shower cake for a friend's sister today so that should keep me busy. I'll post up some pics when I finally finish it. It's a nursery rhyme theme (not really what I would have chosen, but it's not my cake) so it should be cute.

Other than that, some pilates today and a spin on the stationary bike and dinner out with a friend who wants to meet the baby. Should be a good time.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
TreeSaw said:
Sweet! What kind of snowshoes did you get? Sq-Earl and I have talked about getting some basic ones for cross training but we really don't know all that much about them.
I got a really nice pair of MSRs. I have rented shoes a couple of times (I think they were Tubbs) - pretty basic ones that worked fine, but these are sooooo much better. They seem to be more stable, and are much, much lighter.

I'm not sure if these are mine, but if not, they are awfully similar. I'll check the model of mine when I get home.

MSR Denali Ascent

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
Yo.

Last night I hit up COP after work to learn myself how to snowboard. :weee: It was my first time on a snowboard. Ever. I chatted up the hottie instructor a little for some advice so that was cool. Turns out that I'm goofy...opposite of what I had predicted. :think: Weird. So my board was set up a little wrong, but I just worked through it. I stayed for about an hour and a half and was able to link turns by the end. Nothing hurts too bad today other than all the little stabilizer muscles and one bruise on my ass. :thumb: Probably going to head out on Sunday somewhere - not sure where, though.

Tomorrow is the BMX track on MTB bikes. I missed last week because I was sick so I'll be out of shape a little. As long as I don't puke, it'll be kickass! :weee:

7 more hours....

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
The suburbs of Mexico.....
Good Morning Stosh! :D

Not too much going on here today. After work I'm planning on riding the bike path next to the SD river while I wait for traffic to die down. This weekend I'm hoping to get some riding in and maybe spend some time playing football on the beach.

Have a good weekend everyone! :)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
You do realize this a mountain biking forum, right? ;)

I'll let you in on a secret....Stosh doesn't ride either....shhhh
STFU.....

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Shyrmp said:
Good Morning Stosh! :D

Not too much going on here today. After work I'm planning on riding the bike path next to the SD river while I wait for traffic to die down. This weekend I'm hoping to get some riding in and maybe spend some time playing football on the beach.

Have a good weekend everyone! :)
There is a river in SD?
Is it made out of concrete?

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
Morning all. Not much on the table today but I need to accomplish a bunch of work and studying over the weekend which I am not to thrilled about. Oh well, take it easy everybody.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
GumbaFish said:
Morning all. Not much on the table today but I need to accomplish a bunch of work and studying over the weekend which I am not to thrilled about. Oh well, take it easy everybody.
I'm so glad I'm not in school anymore.

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
Yeah things to be accomplished this weekend
-read about half the Iliad
-study for a test on the Iliad and the epic of gilgamesh
-study for a test on ancient rome
-attend syracuse villanova game (could be pretty painful to watch)
-attend a symphony concert after the game because it is required for a class

things to do immediately after the weekend
-finish an invertebrate zoology lab
-immediately begin getting prepared with around 3 hours of work for the next invertebrate zoology lab
-go to lab and finish ~3-4 more hours of work
-do 3 library assignments that will take around 1 hour a piece
-a bunch of random reading for classes
-go home and crash for spring break