Quantcast

~~Good Friday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

TGIF!!

I have a few meetings today then onward to the weekend.
Anybody got anything planned?
I would like to go for a bike ride but I feel that may not happen due to some expected rain.

Hope ya all have an awesome weekend!

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
Morning all. I'm most likely not doing anything this weekend of interest. I did get out and ride around at a graveyard last night that is pretty hilly. Its kind of my pre season training spot because there are plenty of climbs and some pretty fast descents there and since its all gravel or paved as long as its warm enough I can ride there for a workout.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
it was movie night @ spin class last night...watched _Saving Silverman_ and pedaled my brains out for ~90 mins...not a very good movie, though there were a few cheap laugh. can't say i recommend it though.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
GumbaFish said:
Morning all. I'm most likely not doing anything this weekend of interest. I did get out and ride around at a graveyard last night that is pretty hilly. Its kind of my pre season training spot because there are plenty of climbs and some pretty fast descents there and since its all gravel or paved as long as its warm enough I can ride there for a workout.
Are you staying around syracuse during the summer? We need to get up and ride with you.

J

JRB

Good morning. I did NOT go to spin class. :D I do plan to ride the road bike a little this weekend.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
'morning stosh. Been a long week - I'm pretty excited that the weekend is finally here.

I'm not sure I've ever seen someone as excited as Jenn was last night when she got to cross Duke off my bracket :think:

And unfortunately, that is not a euphamism.

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
robdamanii said:
Are you staying around syracuse during the summer? We need to get up and ride with you.
I'll only be here till mid may, I graduate and my lease ends soon after. But I'll still be in Rochester so I could come out to syracuse to meet you guys for a ride.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
narlus said:
it was movie night @ spin class last night...watched _Saving Silverman_ and pedaled my brains out for ~90 mins...not a very good movie, though there were a few cheap laugh. can't say i recommend it though.
omg I freaking love that movie!!
It's much better the second time.

"do you need me out there, do you need my assistance"
There are some great lines by Jack Black and the blonde haired dude.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning. Sitting here at home waiting for my delivery... I've got the office stripped to bare bones....except for this computer of course. :D In the meantime, I'm doing laundry. If my stuff gets hrer early enough, I might try to get out for an urban ride downtown. Hope it works out that way, the sun is out and it's darn near 50 degrees!! :eek:

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Morning all,

busy day today, and then a lazy weekend... I am going to clean up my bike for sale, (I think I will sell it) who knows....

I have a wedding to go to on Sat. and a ride on Sunday so hopefully I can get to it!!!

other than that... I am off the stir the pot, and poke at the hornets nest with a stick... it is Friday and this is the best time to do it cause most people will relax and forget about it by Monday!!! :thumb:

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Good morning,

Beautiful day, 63 degrees here already. It's payday and doughnut day and life is generally good. Hope to have a slow day at work with a lot of web surfing.

Have a good weekend!

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
binary visions said:
I'm not sure I've ever seen someone as excited as Jenn was last night when she got to cross Duke off my bracket :think:

And unfortunately, that is not a euphamism.
Hang out here in ACC-land for a little while longer--- you'll see Duke is all smoke and mirrors in the seasons they aren't completely loaded with talent. That was kinda cryptic, wasn't it?

Last night was the finals of the dodgeball tournament Justine was in. Ha! If they lost any faster, I would have to bring one of those cameras that record the super-fast beating of a hummingbirds wings in order to capture the "action." Poor girls.....they beat the "Pink Ladies" in their first match only to get folded in half by the "absurdly-sized lesbian softball pitchers." We retired to the bar afterwards to drown sorrows in beer---well, their sorrows anyway....I laughed like hell at the whole thing.

Chilly weekend ahead for us here in central NC.....the 80 degree temps we had two weeks ago have gone into hibernation and look to return no time soon. Pops and I may head down to the coast and give some wahoo fishing a shot on Saturday if the weather doesn't get too dicey.

Not much on tap this evening. May grill some steaks and watch some movies.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
morning
im currently in study right now writing up a chem lab that is due 4th block. going to ride a little after school to make sure all of the stuff that i did with my bike last night is set up correctly for my ride tomorrow morning.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
stosh said:
I would like to go for a bike ride but I feel that may not happen due to some expected rain.
Stosh, I just heard that it's supposed to be in the 50s and the chance of rain has decreased, so it looks like some sun.

Weird morning around here. Found out that we're taking on a new publication, which has the possibility of severely upping the stress level of my job :think:

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Morning monkeys!!!
Busy weekend ahead...2 birthday parties and some riding , hopefully on sunday!!
I also found out the guy who found the Bunker in the Brooklyn Bridge is a co worker.. he was telling me all about it today, he has been on interviews with people throughout the world the past 3 days, telling the story of what he found.. pretty cool stuff

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
hooples3 said:
Morning monkeys!!!
I also found out the guy who found the Bunker in the Brooklyn Bridge is a co worker.. he was telling me all about it today, he has been on interviews with people throughout the world the past 3 days, telling the story of what he found.. pretty cool stuff
What's the deal with this guy?

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
hooples3 said:
Morning monkeys!!!
Hoop,

my question is, would it be the right place to put a bunker? I would think that in an all out attack on NYC some of the main targets would be the bridges and tunnels in and out... and if the bridge was a target why would you put a bunker there?

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
brungeman said:
Hoop,

my question is, would it be the right place to put a bunker? I would think that in an all out attack on NYC some of the main targets would be the bridges and tunnels in and out... and if the bridge was a target why would you put a bunker there?
I am not sure of the reasoning... it was in a base where a bomb or explosion couldn'y do much harm

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
bluebug32 said:
What's the deal with this guy?
we have bride workers/ welders that maintain the bridges.. they came across this alcove/bunker that was never opened, it was locked up. this guy decided to see exactly what was in there ... and he found it all

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
The suburbs of Mexico.....
Good Morning Stosh! :D

Heading out to breakfast with my parents before their flight takes off. This weekend will be some trail maintenence and some riding. Other than that not much going on.

Have a good day everyone!

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Shyrmp said:
Good Morning Stosh! :D

Heading out to breakfast with my parents before their flight takes off. This weekend will be some trail maintenence and some riding. Other than that not much going on.

Have a good day everyone!
hope you had a great week with them!!!!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
hooples3 said:
we have bride workers/ welders that maintain the bridges.. they came across this alcove/bunker that was never opened, it was locked up. this guy decided to see exactly what was in there ... and he found it all
it's just a bunch of old crap right?
Nothing really great?

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
stosh said:
it's just a bunch of old crap right?
Nothing really great?
these huge water tanks, that once they finished the water they can convert it to a commode. old crutches that are made of wire with no handles.. they taped them to your arms. tons of crakers by the national bisquit company.. now known as nabisco....
first aid supplies..

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
hooples3 said:
these huge water tanks, that once they finished the water they can convert it to a commode. old crutches that are made of wire with no handles.. they taped them to your arms. tons of crakers by the national bisquit company.. now known as nabisco....
first aid supplies..
Oh.... it would have been cool if they found GOLD doubloons!!!