Quantcast

~~Good Friday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

I'm super busy, I'm going riding today after work.

LATER!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
It's raining right now, this is a good thing. It has been so dry here lately, the trails were turning into dust.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Waiting 5-7 days for parts here :rolleyes: **** I just want to ride my bike.

Pisgah in like 4 weeks tho for three days, and then off to CO and MOAB. WoooHoo!

Tuesday Jen and I are leaving for Chicago cause I gotta be in my brothers wedding. Hopefully Ill get to see a Cubs game and get drunk on Old Style.

I have alot of traveling coming up...but I wish my bike worked.

Good morning, by the way.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
did a pretty long ride after work , part of it was with the one and only Mr. JimMac!! Another friend of mine also showed up.

oh, and we saw a Fox

taking it easy today/Sat....I need to be rested for a long road ride Sunday

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
rode an easy one on the trails last night, found that beavers are flooding out a couple sections of the trail, which sucks.

went to arab strap and enjoyed myself immensely...check out SotD for a song and a couple of pictures i snapped. got home really late and have not even left for work yet. slacker i am.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hello! Glad to hear everyone in the NE is finally out riding again. :)

(Yeah yeah Splat, I know....some of you never stopped... :nopity: :D )

I got a hockey game tonight and Sunday night, and I'm sure there will be some working out and riding sandwiched in between.

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
Mornin' all. I'm just waiting for today to be over in terms of classes, but its not like I don't have stuff to do this weekend either...ugh.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Morn...I am whipped to say the least from last nite's ride plus general "40 year old" exhaustion. My weekend ahead: I am working at my LBS's "super sale" (read for me: stupor sale) all weekend from tonight through Sunday afternoon, sooo much fun but it helps pay for the Chris King/DT Swiss wheelset I just got built up. I hope to squeek out a ride say 5 pm Sunday in Pittstown/Grafton, NY....one can only hope for a bike rider after working 7 days this week. Who knows, maybe I'll be lucky and squeeze in a street ride after work on Saturday, but the post super sale ritual of downing lots of bad beer in mass quantities for all employees usually kills my ambition of going out to jump stairs and take on other conerete feats of strength/stupidity.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Morning You MONKEY's,

well it is raining here, and should be for a while... Manhattanprjkt brought the rain with him back from MOAB... that bastard!!!

I went to the blues club after puttin Emma to bed, and played about 7or 8 songs... got home and couldn't fall asleep... when I was just about to fall asleep Bek realized I was home, and started 20 questions... then I was right back awake... needless to say tired today!!! :dead:

IN Bike related news... I pulled the trigger on the 575, WHOOT WHOOT... with the enduro package... I upgraded the fork to a Talus, and I will build up a set of king wheels or something like that later... other than that the build kit is pretty saweet... it should be in by Tues. I think that the anticipation of it... is one of the reasons I couldn't sleep last night...

have a great day!!!

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Oh yeah Doug, forgot about the fox! That was actually a big one if I can recall. The last fox sighting I had was at Juminy Peak - as we were going up we spotted a fox chasing a doe, then suddenly momma deer busted out of the woods and chased the fox down the slope and into the woods. It was an awesome "Nature Attacks Nature" moment! That fox last night was pretty bold - it was more concerned about eating that squirrel than us!

PS: thanks for exhausting me and my fat ass on my fat ass bike.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh.

Got out for a short ride last night. Also did some planning with a buddy about how to fix a problem spot on one of the trails. There is no easy fix (stream crossing with lots of erosion), but we have a plan in mind to deflect some of the water, hopefully reducing the erosion.

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
Good morning everyone! It's FRIDAY! :weee: Our company president bought fresh, hot, delicious Krispy Kremes for everyone this morning, which we all have been enjoying. It's going to be sunny and 84 here today, so it will be pool, hot tub, and beer at 4 when I get out of work. Looking forward to the weekend... have a 4 mile walk for MS tomorrow! Have a good one, all! :D

J

JRB

BurlyShirley said:
Waiting 5-7 days for parts here :rolleyes: **** I just want to ride my bike.

Good morning all.

BS - get you a metric bolt and a washer for the time being. It's just for a few rides.

J

JRB

antimony said:
Good morning everyone! It's FRIDAY! :weee: Our company president bought fresh, hot, delicious Krispy Kremes for everyone this morning, which we all have been enjoying. It's going to be sunny and 84 here today, so it will be pool, hot tub, and beer at 4 when I get out of work. Looking forward to the weekend... have a 4 mile walk for MS tomorrow! Have a good one, all! :D

Pics on myspace??? of you, not the donuts.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Hey when I pedal up hills with my new ZION (single chainring in front) I get a slight popping noise. I know it's the chain on the front chain ring. Should I just get a full on chain guide? I'm using a front der cranked open right now.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
loco said:
Good morning all.

BS - get you a metric bolt and a washer for the time being. It's just for a few rides.
I had to get the wheel dished as well, so they have it. I made the stupid mistake of leaving the casette on the wheel, so I cant use my other wheel to ride:rolleyes:
Whatever, Ill just go run, and my jeep has been overheating cause my waterpump is going out and my auxilary fan died on me so I gotta replace all that this weekend anyway...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
stosh said:
Hey when I pedal up hills with my new ZION (single chainring in front) I get a slight popping noise. I know it's the chain on the front chain ring. Should I just get a full on chain guide? I'm using a front der cranked open right now.

Sounds like the chain, or chainring is worn out. Or did it just happen when in a certain rear gear like all the way to one side, could just be the resulting bad chainline. Are you running a single speed type front chainring (unramped)?

J

JRB

BurlyShirley said:
I had to get the wheel dished as well, so they have it. I made the stupid mistake of leaving the casette on the wheel, so I cant use my other wheel to ride:rolleyes:
Whatever, Ill just go run, and my jeep has been overheating cause my waterpump is going out and my auxilary fan died on me so I gotta replace all that this weekend anyway...
ahhh - I see. Bummer.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Westy said:
Sounds like the chain, or chainring is worn out. Or did it just happen when in a certain rear gear like all the way to one side, could just be the resulting bad chainline. Are you running a single speed type front chainring (unramped)?
Yes when it's in the largest ring in the cassette I get the popping noise. It's the chain trying to catch the chain ring.

I think it's just the bad chain line. But you have a good point about the unramped chain ring. I didn't even think about that.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
morning all. woke up thinking it was saturday until i realized it was 6:45 and my alarm was going off. i hate it when that happens. the weekend is looking pretty good. ill probably hang out with some friends tonight and then tomorrow im going up to hampton to cinnamon rainbows to get a new wetsuit. who knows, i may even do some surfing but that is looking pretty doubtful. then on sunday im planning on heading up to loon for a nice day of spring skiing seeing as how they just got 7" of snow earlier this week. 3rd term ends for me today so im hoping that my group does well for our dramatic lit project because i think i have a c+ now after getting a 35/50 on an in class paper(my teacher is a tough grader when it comes to papers). aside from that my grades are looking good which makes me glad because i my parents wont want to stab me when they see my report card. im hoping the rain we are supposed to get holds off until later so its not ****ty right after school.

J

JRB

Westy said:
He has my old Spot ring on XTR cranks. The ring is not worn at all. It may have 150 miles on it. It could have a burr, but that would just cause skipping I would think. If it's rubbing, he can just adjust the der. I wouldn't run a guide with that. I would just shorten the chain one link if I was worried about dropping it. I only dropped it one time running 1x9 on that ring.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
stosh said:
Yes when it's in the largest ring in the cassette I get the popping noise. It's the chain trying to catch the chain ring.

I think it's just the bad chain line. But you have a good point about the unramped chain ring. I didn't even think about that.
When I tried a 1X9 set up I had the best luck with a unramped front. The only problem I had is when I crashed or dabbed and pedaled backwards the chain would drop.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
loco said:
He has my old Spot ring on XTR cranks. The ring is not worn at all. It may have 150 miles on it. It could have a burr, but that would just cause skipping I would think. If it's rubbing, he can just adjust the der. I wouldn't run a guide with that. I would just shorten the chain one link if I was worried about dropping it. I only dropped it one time running 1x9 on that ring.

Good ring old chain is just as bad a combination as a worn ring.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
BurlyShirley said:
Tuesday Jen and I are leaving for Chicago cause I gotta be in my brothers wedding. Hopefully Ill get to see a Cubs game and get drunk on Old Style.
Ooh, no better way to spend a warm afternoon than at Wrigley :thumb:

I'm off to CO in a week. should be fun.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
Jim Mac said:
My weekend ahead: I am working at my LBS's "super sale" (read for me: stupor sale) all weekend from tonight through Sunday afternoon,
have fun with that. my shops supersale was last weekend and it was crazy. plus being one of the biggest shops in the metro boston area doesnt help to keep the hoards away either.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning all! Bit of a busy day here, but not too bad...it's my good school. Sq-Earl's playing Mr. Mom today for the first time and I can't wait to hear how it goes for him :D Rode around my house last night and did a few hill repeats before calling it a night. Hoping to get out and work on a new trail this weekend and get in some riding too. I am definitely counting down the days until Spring Vacation when I can get in a bunch more riding.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
gnurider1080 said:
have fun with that. my shops supersale was last weekend and it was crazy. plus being one of the biggest shops in the metro boston area doesnt help to keep the hoards away either.
The Downtube is basically the only shop within the city proper and we've been having a lot of problems with theft: like some guy trying to stuff a wire bead 35c tire under his shirt kind of stuff. This is the kind of stuff (that and the recreational road weanie asking me to weigh prospective bikes before buying) that I do not look forward to.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Jim Mac said:
The Downtube is basically the only shop within the city proper and we've been having a lot of problems with theft: like some guy trying to stuff a wire bead 35c tire under his shirt kind of stuff. This is the kind of stuff (that and the recreational road weanie asking me to weigh prospective bikes before buying) that I do not look forward to.
Ha, sounds like fun!

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Oh, it's LOADS of fun! This is why we consume mass quantities of cheap beer when the doors close. 'Club Tube' comes into effect at that point.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Jim Mac said:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Jim Mac said:
LOL!!! Is that a tire under your shirt or are you happy to see us ;)

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Jim Mac said:
Oh, it's LOADS of fun! This is why we consume mass quantities of cheap beer when the doors close. 'Club Tube' comes into effect at that point.
did I authorize the use of my image in your avatar!?!?! :rofl:

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
McGRP01 said:
did I authorize the use of my image in your avatar!?!?! :rofl:

Yeah, I stole it (HA! I am having personal theft problems, too!), should I put it back, Tigg? It is a great shot of me, you and my buddy Chris J. from Long Island!

That race was a blast, my 1st dh race and a good one despite a nasty wreck the day beforehand that left me face first upside down into a tree with major back.wrist damage that I still feel to this day...ah, memories!