Quantcast

~~~~~~~Good Friday Morning!!~~~~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

I had a pretty mellow ride last night. We took a first timer with us so it was a short and sweet ride.

Other than that nothing much else to report. Hope ya all have a great day!

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Okay now I'm in the right place.

Willow's 3rd Birthday is today so that's the big excitement for the weekend. Emma took the day off and they are doing girl things. The actual birthday party is tomorrow. Dora party at the little gym. She is way excited (not as much as me however). Some of our best friends are coming in for it so that'll be good as well.

As for the ride yesterday. Area 51 isn't bad but it still needs a ton of finish work to get the flow right. It also needs a good raking to the get the foot of pine needles every single climb.

The weather is supposed to go pearshaped this weekend so I'm not sure how much riding is on tap but might sneak in a road ride sunday afternoon.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
DRB said:
Okay now I'm in the right place.

Willow's 3rd Birthday is today so that's the big excitement for the weekend. Emma took the day off and they are doing girl things. The actual birthday party is tomorrow. Dora party at the little gym. She is way excited (not as much as me however). Some of our best friends are coming in for it so that'll be good as well.

As for the ride yesterday. Area 51 isn't bad but it still needs a ton of finish work to get the flow right. It also needs a good raking to the get the foot of pine needles every single climb.

The weather is supposed to go pearshaped this weekend so I'm not sure how much riding is on tap but might sneak in a road ride sunday afternoon.
Thats sweet man! At 3yrs old kids are at a fun age!

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Last day before going to Bermuda - I'm psyched! Will post pictures when I return... whether you guys want to see them or not ;)

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
Ok, the real thread. Good morning! I leave for Bermuda tomorrow morning, and I am so excited to see my family! :weee: I am not looking forward to the flight, though. Let's hope the increased dose of Xanax does the trick. :( Ah well... have a good weekend, and a good next week, everyone! :D

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
I get my wheel back TODAY!

Also, I signed on for a 45 mile ride on Sunday, just to get back into the swing of things. Man, am I nervous, that's a hell of a long way...but it should be a blast/epic. Ill definitely post up in the ride reports afterward.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Insomnia is my friend at the moment.........and not a very welcome friend.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
good ride last night, except for my friend's early crash which ultimately yielded 3 stitches. we did pretty much the same trails as last week but in reverse direction. funny how a trail becomes so different just going the other way. was psyched to make pretty bony climb in a pretty big gear. my geeky HRM told me i was @ 179 as i made the apex (and there's a rock garden right at the top), and haven't been that high in spin class in a long time.

rock show (bob pollard) tonight, should be fun.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
antimony said:
Ok, the real thread. Good morning! I leave for Bermuda tomorrow morning, and I am so excited to see my family! :weee: I am not looking forward to the flight, though. Let's hope the increased dose of Xanax does the trick. :( Ah well... have a good weekend, and a good next week, everyone! :D
from NC to bermuda has to be a pretty short flight, no? have a good time!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
antimony said:
Your parents live there?

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Yo.

Friday!!! Oh happy day.

Pizza and beer night last night at the local dive. Fantastic as always. Got some leftovers for lunch. Joy.

Not much to report as I have been on the injured reserve for the last week, so my activities have been pretty much limited to X-Box, watering the plants, and cooking dinner.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
narlus said:
from NC to bermuda has to be a pretty short flight, no? have a good time!
It's funny, since so few flights go into Bermuda, we actually have to fly up to DC in order to go to Bermuda, even though NC is on the same line of latitude.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Had a nice headwind on the way to work this morning. Wind will prolly shift so I get a headwind on the way home too. Still better than driving :D

Plus my new synth is "out for delivery" according to the UPS website :cool:

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
PonySoldier said:
What.. you couldn't get enough new material out of the "words that make pre-teens giggle" thread to lure any new 12 year old girls into the jeep to get your own new pics?..
Jeep?

What do you post on the jeepforum or something? Or have I made it known that i have one?

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
I Are Baboon said:
'Morning. Heading out in about 20 minutes to meet SPLAT for a ride. Enjoy WORK today, peoples. :)
Make sure to get some pics of people riding over large grey rocks for once:rofl:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
PonySoldier said:
What.. you couldn't get enough new material out of the "words that make pre-teens giggle" thread to lure any new 12 year old girls into the jeep to get your own new pics?..
He's talking about the Bodyworks exhibit, numbnuts. :p

We went to see that show last Friday. Good stuff. :thumb:

Although at one point I was looking at some old dude who'd been sliced vertically and thought "this is actually an old dead dude sliced up vertically".......... :think:

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
Narlus: Yeah, 2 short flights- 45 mins to DC, then 1.5 hours to Bermuda. Still scared though. I am a very bad flier.

Stosh: My parents have a nice timeshare in St. George. They went on their honeymoon there 28 years ago tomorrow. After that my mom decided she wanted property there, cause they love it. Now they go back every year for their anniversary.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
antimony said:
Narlus: Yeah, 2 short flights- 45 mins to DC, then 1.5 hours to Bermuda. Still scared though. I am a very bad flier.

Stosh: My parents have a nice timeshare in St. George. They went on their honeymoon there 28 years ago tomorrow. After that my mom decided she wanted property there, cause they love it. Now they go back every year for their anniversary.
Wow, thats pretty sweet!!

I wish I knew people with property on tropical islands.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
G'morning....so glad it's Friday. Hopefully I'll be riding with Rob this weekend, as long as the weather holds. Can't wait to have him around for a week :)
Where you guys riding?

We're getting a pickup game of baseball together on Sunday by Stewart if you guys are interested.

Edit: F' the weather looks schitty!

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
bluebug32 said:
G'morning....so glad it's Friday. Hopefully I'll be riding with Rob this weekend, as long as the weather holds. Can't wait to have him around for a week :)
Tomorrow looks dicey, but Sunday might be good.

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
I'm designing Laek House stickers today. I'm not sure if I want to just put the logo/name down or if I want to get witty with it...