Quantcast

~~~Good Friday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I had an awesome ride last night. I can't wait to get out again this afternoon.
We did a fairly fast paced 7miles last night. It felt good too! Hopefully today will be a relaxed pace so I will be ready for the group ride at Stewart on Saturday.

Hope ya all have a great day and a great weekend!

splat

Nam I am
stosh said:
I had an awesome ride last night. I can't wait to get out again this afternoon.
We did a fairly fast paced 7miles last night. It felt good too! Hopefully today will be a relaxed pace so I will be ready for the group ride at Stewart on Saturday.

Hope ya all have a great day and a great weekend!
Glad to hear you had an awesome ride last night , So did I !! ( see ride reports ) was a perfect night for it.

May get out tonight , not sure depends if I can get out of here early or not. havea ride planned tommorow with IAB, and Looks like a rayburn ride Sunday morning

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
splat said:
Glad to hear you had an awesome ride last night , So did I !! ( see ride reports ) was a perfect night for it.

May get out tonight , not sure depends if I can get out of here early or not. havea ride planned tommorow with IAB, and Looks like a rayburn ride Sunday morning
Man you do a lot or riding!!!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Mornin'. Tired this morning. Had a nice ride after work then helped a friend move into a new house. Didn't get to eat dinner till real late and didn't get to bet until even later. Busy day at work planned, can't wait until the end of the day.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
For what?
I filled in for ya in what appeared to be your absense.

Anyways...

Mornin Stosh.

Had a good workout last night. I'm still not sleeping well though, so as usual, I'm really dragging this morning. Got a road ride planned for my lunch break today. If the office is quiet, I might extend my lunch break a bit and try to log a few extra miles.

Not much on tap for tonight, tomorrow the Devils should finish off the Rangers, and I have some yard work to do. Sunday is going to be spent building a new trail at the town "park" 5 minutes from my house. It will be a welcome addition to the spot where I do most of my riding.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
good ride last night @ harold parker; saw a pileated woodpecker while we were just getting ready. could be the last of my thurs night rides though...miles started T-ball last night and thurs is one of the nights...will have to juggle the schedule.

a couple of slightly blurry pics:

the NEMBA crew did some trail work last weekend and really did a nice job on one of the fall-line trails, making a new, nice bermed switchback.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
narlus said:
good ride last night @ harold parker; saw a pileated woodpecker while we were just getting ready. could be the last of my thurs night rides though...miles started T-ball last night and thurs is one of the nights...will have to juggle the schedule.

a couple of slightly blurry pics:

the NEMBA crew did some trail work last weekend and really did a nice job on one of the fall-line trails, making a new, nice bermed switchback.

That girl looks like she's having fun!!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Good morning! I was so exhausted (god only knows why ;) ) last night that I fell asleep early. Thankfully, Sydney must have been tired too because she was so sweet and cuddled with me before she fell asleep. Anyway, today I am rested and relaxed and heading out for a long MTB ride after school with the guys. I am even debating going out early and then riding with my normal crew. I was doing this quite often pre-baby and I am not 100% sure that I am ready, but I do like a challenge :think: Other than that, family BBQ on Saturday and I plan on hitting the stunts in my yard too...gotta get in shape for DHing. I am officially looking for a road bike...anyone know of any good deals. The one I was looking at has found a good home so I am in the market and want to purchase something in the next 2 weeks. Remember...I am a shortie (5'4").

Stosh -- congrats on a good ride...I can't wait until I head out tonight.
Splat -- I wish I rode as much as you...I'm counting down the days until summer so I can hit the trails MUCH more!!!

J

JRB

Good morning.

Why does everyone seem to where pads with clipless pedals. I have never banged my shin when riding clipped in.

*I need some for riding unclipped and stunts.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
jacksonpt said:
narlus - it's funny to see pics of terrain that looks EXACTLY like the stuff I ride. Nice pics!
new england!

my fave terrain is the stuff in NH/VT/ME; the granite-laden stuff that's forested w/ beech, maple and hemlock.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
loco said:
Good morning.

Why does everyone seem to where pads with clipless pedals. I have never banged my shin when riding clipped in.
it's called insurance...maxine's getting married in a couple of weeks.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
loco said:
Good morning.

I was wondering the same thing lately.

Actually the only time I wear pads is when I go to a DH venue.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
loco said:
Good morning.

Depends on where/what I am riding. We have a LOT of technical rocks and roots so I tend to wear them even though I am riding clipless pedal. Lately, I haven't bothered though...guess I am feeling immune to the pain of crashing ;) I generally do wear them when I am riding my platforms too...mainly to prevent hamburger shins.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I had a 115lb dog walk all over my back for a wake up call. Fvcker is getting his nails trimmed.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
loco said:
Good morning.

My shins are nothing but scar tissue anymore. My right shinbone has 3 good sized bone chips. I am not smart enough to wear shin pads.

J

JRB

Westy said:
My shins are nothing but scar tissue anymore. My right shinbone has 3 good sized bone chips. I am not smart enough to wear shin pads.
Don't short change yourself and draw that line of intelligence with shin pads, chief. :think:

J

JRB

People should be punched in the mouth for popping bubble wrap in an office. For three f*cking minutes??? Grow up. :mumble:

J

JRB

I can't f*cking believe it. She is still popping the Goddamned stuff. This is ridiculous. I don't want to piss her off, but oh well, she has managed to piss me off. Apparently we shouldn't care what other people think. She doesn't. :mumble:

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
narlus said:
it's the knee on rock thing which really hurts.
I don't think I've ever really fallen on my hands/knees. When I go down, it's usually over the bars, in which case I usually land on my back. Occasionally I'll lose momentum on a climb and tip over, but I don't usually go down on my knees.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
loco said:
I can't f*cking believe it. She is still popping the Goddamned stuff. This is ridiculous. I don't want to piss her off, but oh well, she has managed to piss me off. Apparently we shouldn't care what other people think. She doesn't. :mumble:
Jesus man... go out side, take a deep breathe, relax. If that was the the worst of my annoyances on a daily basis I'd be a happy guy.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
jacksonpt said:
I don't think I've ever really fallen on my hands/knees. When I go down, it's usually over the bars, in which case I usually land on my back. Occasionally I'll lose momentum on a climb and tip over, but I don't usually go down on my knees.
even w/ full dainese armor, i've had a couple of knee hits which really hurt. one where my knee swelled up like a balloon.

back when i ran a DC fork on my trail bike, i'd occasionally smash my knee on the top crown. no fun.

J

JRB

jacksonpt said:
Jesus man... go out side, take a deep breathe, relax. If that was the the worst of my annoyances on a daily basis I'd be a happy guy.
I did. To talk to Nissan to find out that they DON'T have the part, but can't tell me when the mfg will have it. How do that not know when they MIGHT get it??? You apparently have 20 days under typical warranty to fix it, or the customer has the option for you to buy the vehicle back. I need to find out what that is with an extended warranty.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
narlus said:
it's the knee on rock thing which really hurts.
I kept smashing my left knee into my stem last year. Probably the most painful injury I've ever had, sidelined me for several weeks. I actually started wearing knee pads for a while and now just have some pipe insulation taped over my stem bolts.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
narlus said:
even w/ full dainese armor, i've had a couple of knee hits which really hurt. one where my knee swelled up like a balloon.

back when i ran a DC fork on my trail bike, i'd occasionally smash my knee on the top crown. no fun.
and

Westy said:
I kept smashing my left knee into my stem last year. Probably the most painful injury I've ever had, sidelined me for several weeks. I actually started wearing knee pads for a while and now just have some pipe insulation taped over my stem bolts.
ok, maybe I'm just not riding hard enough...

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
the knee on stem/top crown usually happened when either you broke a chain, skipped gears, or had the rear tire spin out on something, all while climbing.

it sucks!

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
Morning all,

I think I'm going to do the Mormon National loop after breakfast settles. I have the day off, originally I planned to to to Prescott, but now I'll be helping make arrangements for my father. I need a good ride.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
I finally got my gravity dropper installed on my bike and tested it out a couple times. I'm interested to see how much I'll use it. Anyone else have one?

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
Heidi said:
I finally got my gravity dropper installed on my bike and tested it out a couple times. I'm interested to see how much I'll use it. Anyone else have one?
Afraid not, but I have a friend with one, and he uses it all the time.