Quantcast

~~~Good Friday Morning!!~~

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
Heidi said:
I think it should work well for Super D.

There are a lot of trails around AZ where most of the trail is pretty average technically, but have a few spots that are heinous. The GD works well for that, and I'd think it would be ideal for Super-D

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Good morning,

Pretty much nailed the hardtail together last night with the exception of the cabling. Got some Maxxis UST Crossmarks on this set up. Man, they sealed up to the rims nicely! Can't wait to try them out.

Hey Loco! Pop...pop pop....pop.:D

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
Trainwreck said:
Good morning,

Pretty much nailed the hardtail together last night with the exception of the cabling. Got some Maxxis UST Crossmarks on this set up. Man, they sealed up to the rims nicely! Can't wait to try them out.

Hey Loco! Pop...pop pop....pop.:D

Is there a FNR tonight???

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Morning all. Took the day off and am planning a sweet ride for this afternoon. This will be my 7th day of riding in a row....yow...I hope i still remember how to climb. But first, time to pick up the new digital camera! :thumb:

Have a good weekend, monkeys!

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Just got back from my lunch ride... conditions were friggin PERFECT! 19.9 miles in 1:06. It hurt, and I missed my goal of averaging 20mph... but it was still a good ride.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
jacksonpt said:
Just got back from my lunch ride... conditions were friggin PERFECT! 19.9 miles in 1:06. It hurt, and I missed my goal of averaging 20mph... but it was still a good ride.

avg 20 on your own=damn tough!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
narlus said:
the knee on stem/top crown usually happened when either you broke a chain, skipped gears, or had the rear tire spin out on something, all while climbing.

it sucks!
I seem to do it while spinning out on wet roots and when bailing after entering a corner too fast.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
picking up my m1 that im buying off a coworker in about 30 min. then i shall go to ward reservation to get some runs in to test it out. i am quite pumped.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Westy said:
I seem to do it while spinning out on wet roots and when bailing after entering a corner too fast.
LOL! There's a vivid image. ;)
I too have gone through the banging my knee phase. I have been riding pretty clean lately (except for the the lovely branch that kicked up and gave me a nice bruise last week). I hope it continues :thumb:

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Westy said:

I did it last night a couple of times. I just built up a new frame using some used parts and I replaced the chain with a new one. I figured that I didn't need to replace the chainrings / cassette just yet.

I got everything put together and adjusted up nicely on the stand and took the bike out for a spin. Well the chainrings must have been a little more worn than I originally thought. When I stood up to pedal the chain slipped the chain ring and my knee smacked into the stem and one of my ankles smacked the crank arm. Of course I had no idea why it was happening so I did it about three or four more times to figure it out.

The lesson is old chain rings + new chain = not good.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
ok, so i didnt pick up the m1 but i did get one kick ass ride in. my friend and i went to ward reservation in andover and just practiced this one dh run that goes off from the top. its just so fast and so much fun.