Quantcast

~~Good Friday MOrning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody?

Anybody got anything planned for the weekend? Beth, Rob, Aubrey and I are doing a benefit road ride on Sunday. They have a killer chicken BBQ after so I'm pretty psyched for that event.

Hope ya all have a great day!

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
I commuted again today and found out there is not enough space for bikey parking in the building.

Did 20ish miles in Central Park last night too.

This weekend I give Tractor:Semi its first print-test to see how effective the ink really is. I will, of course, show the effectiveness/cool factor when done.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Getting ready for the 12 hours of Lodi this weekend. It's going to hurt a lot. Starts at midnight, makes it almost as tough as a 24.

splat

Nam I am
Good luck westy ! kick some ass!

Morning !!

Had a Great ride last night ! See ride reports.

and the front of my House the 2 old windows are out , and have been replaced with ply wood , and teh new Much larger holes ahve been cut andteh windows are in place. now they just have to replace teh drywall , the siding and all the molding . but wow what a difference it makes ! now I'm just going to haveto re-paint the living room , the dining room , the kitchen the outside of the house , etc ,etc.

It is a Georgeous day here ,so I rode my bike to work today , but I added a Twist , I put my Trailer on the bike and took that for a Drag. , that thing has the aerodynamics of a parachute!

WHen I ride home , I have to ride to a local park , because my son has his first little league game tonight. and we will see what is up for the weekend as it happends.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Morning all,

Busy, blah blah blah, Manhattan and I cut trails last night, blah blah blah, printing all day, blah blah blah, got 45minutes of sleep (I think my allergy med is making my mind race) just couldn't sleep.:dead:

Cinco de Drinko!:thumb: be good, and if your not good, be safe, and if your not safe...... name it after me! :evil:

that is all

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Good luck, King Monkey!

Not much planned this weekend: Hockey game tonight, ride tomorrow, ride Sunday. We've got a few errands to run to get set for vacation in two weeks.

:)

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Westy said:
Getting ready for the 12 hours of Lodi this weekend. It's going to hurt a lot. Starts at midnight, makes it almost as tough as a 24.
Good luck mang! Ride in good health, and better spirits!:thumb:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
went to t-ball last night, grilled up a steak when i got home.

gotta get all my crap ready for bromont tomorrow...can't wait to see how the overhauled/re-valved avy is gonna feel. :thumb:

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Weather is supposed to be screwy. Emma and Willow are going with some friends for a girls weekend so I'm the bachelor this weekend.

Going to the Wachovia Golf thing tomorrow. Got access to the fat cat free food and booze tent at the cool hole where everyone f's up, so that'll be good.

Sunday I'm riding regardless, so it might be a long wet road ride.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
brungeman said:
Good luck mang! Ride in good health, and better spirits!:thumb:
Thang B-Man and the rest of y'all. There are already 40 or so solo riders signed up, many of them some really good endurance racers. Probably the most stacked field I've ever raced in. I figure I'll have my ass handed to me this weekend.

J

JRB

Good morning. No big plans, but I should know about the bike shop gig today. I should also get my Xterra this afternoon. Finally.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Good morning! Another beautiful day today and another ride planned. I went out for a while behind my house last night...the black flies are BAD, but I managed to get in a good spin and my legs felt good. I even did a couple of hill repeats (XC Bike on road) so I was feeling the burn. Then, I did more crunches and ab work on the torture ball. Eventually, I plan on adding some running to my routine too...perhaps I will try this weekend.

Tonight is our normal Friday night ride and beers afterward so it should be fun. Tonight is also the night I ride with one of my girlfriends that is interested in doing a duo 24 so we have to discuss our options and pick a race (perhaps Pats Peak :dead: ) Other than that, should be a nice evening!

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
loco said:
Good morning. No big plans, but I should know about the bike shop gig today. I should also get my Xterra this afternoon. Finally.
Only to find out something else is wrong with it? Seriously, I think it may be time for you to look into something a little bit newer. It does sound like you have a lemon on your hands.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Westy said:
Thang B-Man and the rest of y'all. There are already 40 or so solo riders signed up, many of them some really good endurance racers. Probably the most stacked field I've ever raced in. I figure I'll have my ass handed to me this weekend.
hop on a 29" bike and you will podium for sure.

good luck.

J

JRB

Opeth said:
Only to find out something else is wrong with it? Seriously, I think it may be time for you to look into something a little bit newer. It does sound like you have a lemon on your hands.
Well - I didn't have trouble for a long time. They did the work on the leaking hose when it was getting hot, so that should be fixed. However, I haven't been driving it since it got hot this summer. I have to keep it, since Julie will be getting a new one when it is close to paid off in a year. This should solve the problem. I also won't drive it a ton I hope, so the warranty should cover the motor if it does get hot.

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
Morning y'all. I am heading home from work early to get estimates from some roofers (friggin' hail damage!). After that, it is off to Berryman to camp tonight and run 20 miles in the morning as my final long training run before the Berryman Maration (in three weeks). I hope I don't die out on the trail, but then again I guess I wouldn't care if I was dead.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Good Friday Morning everyone...Drank a couple good imports last night after cutting trails with brungeman...

So right now im trying to find a cheap plane ticket to fly to Salt Lake City tonight so i can check out the gumball cars when they arrive tomorrow. :drool:...Anyone know of any tricks for grabbing a cheap last minute flight?

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Oh and i just wanted to say that brungeman is a madman with a shovel, you should see the singletrack we beat in last night...wow.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
morning all. it is so nice out right now up here. i am currently working on a paper that is due next block. i think ill just email it to my teacher tonight. after school ill be getting my first good ride in on my new m1 so im really excited about that.

then tomorrow morning i have the SATs which i am not looking forward to. but afterwards i will be riding somewhere.

and then on sunday ill be riding at lynn before work. so this weekend is shaping up to be really good. the weather looks good and i have a new bike that wants to be ridden.

J

JRB

SkaredShtles said:
Nothin' wrong with that. I pretty much get my ass handed to me every time I ride anymore. :D
With it drooping out of those shorts, what do you expect???

Cover it up and people will leave it alone.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh.

I took the day off from work today. The plan is to spend the morning spreading dirt (already got about 16tons spread/raked out front and about 25 tons spread out back... still have about 12 tons left) and riding all afternoon. Then tonight we have my sis's-in-law rehersal dinner - that should be a decent time.

Tomorrow... wedding, probably more playing in the dirt (with rakes and shovels, not with the bike)... sunday, no plans as yet.

The second round of the NHL playoffs are starting too - gotta check the schedules and see when the Devils are playing. As long as it's not tomorrow from 1-4, I'll be watching.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Westy said:
Good luck man... you're idea of having your ass handed to you would probably be the same as my idea of a supremely successful race. :rolleyes:

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
TreeSaw said:
Oh eyah, I may have a road bike coming soon :devil: I have an offer in and should know by this evening if it's a go!
Cool - something used by the sounds of it? Any details, or are you holding out on us?

You big tease ;)

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
loco said:
You coming down this weekend???

Have you seen the price of gas lately? I'm still not suppose to ride. The hand is feeling pretty good expect my pinkie still doesn't bend so I may take the kiddos around the hood in the trailer.

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
My flu is finally over. Went on my first ride in 2 weeks last night. :) A quick 25 mi ride on the road. Didn't feel all that bad either.

macko

Turbo Monkey
Jul 12, 2002
THE Palouse
Top-o-the-mornin' all! This is my last "free" weekend before a string of 2 backpacking trips and a visit to Colorado over the next three weekends. So that essentially means a TON of house cleaning is happening, probably a trip over to REI to pick up some random ****, and I'm still dealing with this whole dog situation. My posters are up, I don't see anyone elses', we're going to the vet this morning. GREAT.

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
Morning all, still waiting on the seatpost shim. Its supposed to arrive today so hopefully I can get in a ride and blow off some steam. I've only ridden once in the past two weeks due to waiting for parts etc so it sure would be nice to get out.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
jacksonpt said:
Cool - something used by the sounds of it? Any details, or are you holding out on us?

You big tease ;)
Well, I do like to tease ;)
Actually, it's an '05 Trek 1500 WSD. All 105 drivetrain with an Ultegra RD. It looks like a great bike...just working out all the details. I'll post up some pics when I know for sure! I do haev a couple of back-up options if this deal falls through.