Quantcast

~~~Good Friday Morning!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

Nothing much planned for the weekend due to the rain. I'll probably be cleaning/tuning my bikes. Sunday I'm sure I will spend a lot of the day with my mom of course. :)

Hope ya all have a great day!

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Forget my f'in headphones at home, so today is going to suck without my mp3 player. I also ran out of loctite halfway through rebuilding my bike last night, so I had to quit doing that, kinda put a damper in the schedule, but I took care of a few other things, so it wasn't so bad.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Been working with some dude from Japan all week. The communication barrier is frustrating as hell. To top things off he is sick as a dog and isn't familiar with covering his mouth when he coughs. I feel like I am coming down with his bird flu now. I have an impossible deadline to meet next week, my boss is going to be pissed when I start calling in sick.

splat

Nam I am
Morning

Got a Good ride in last night ( see ride reports ) , which is a good thing , since it is now suppose to rain for like forever.

Have to leave work early today , havean appointment with the alergist.

otherthat that not much else going on.

J

JRB

Good morning. Still no sharing between both computers. Works one way, but not the other. I have been eluded as to which one is right and which is wrong.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Morning all, had a good evening last night...Went out for my younger twin bro's 20th bday foooooooooood...

Then met the girlie out for some jack and cokes at a local spot...

Also grabbed some tubing so i can run my derailure/brake lines through and begin learning bar spins on my hardtail....

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
Morning all,

I'm headed up to the pines in Prescott for some camping and to watch my frie4nds go out and suffer for a about 4 hours on the whiskey off-road.

bella

Monkey
Jul 30, 2004
portland or
mornin
driving from roc to long island for a sailling competition should be sweet, the only downer is im missing my buddys trip to diablo :(

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bella said:
mornin
driving from roc to long island for a sailling competition should be sweet, the only downer is im missing my buddys trip to diablo :(
Diablo will be rained out this weekend. It's f'ing pouring here right now, and I'm 10min from diablo.

I take that back, it's supposed to be partly sunny tomorrow then rain developing later in the day. Sunday is just supposed to be cloudy!

bella

Monkey
Jul 30, 2004
portland or
stosh said:
Diablo will be rained out this weekend. It's f'ing pouring here right now, and I'm 10min from diablo.

I take that back, it's supposed to be partly sunny tomorrow then rain developing later in the day. Sunday is just supposed to be cloudy!
i guess that makes me feel a bit better... keep your fingers crossed for no rain and high winds at long island

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Hidee-ho, neighbors!

Pizza and beer night last night---the joint was super-crowded for 9pm, but it rocked as always. Why is it these hole-in-the-wall places have some of the best food? Those damn Portugese can really sling a pie, man.

I just came out of a meeting with the suits here at work, and the end result is, that I'm going to have to fire an employee on Monday morning. We've bent over backwards for this guy and his performance, attendance, and attitude has continued to decline with each passing month. I hate to be the one chosen to do this, but I guess that's the breaks, huh? This will be my first termination-talk.......my cherry gets busted on this one. And I know this knucklehead is going to show his ass when this goes down, so I'm definately not looking forward to that. Any suggestions?

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Two back to back perfect rides. Yesterday I rode a trail that has previously been under snow. I've ridden up to the snow line a ton of times in the past couple weeks, but last night I was able to go all the way. Trail conditions are SUPERB after all that moisture. I was FLYING downhil jumping and jiving with the trail, full speed ahead. 2.5 hours of forest time does a body good.

Then this morning I suited up for a dirt commute in. There was NO ONE on the trail. There is just something about riding alongside the river...I know most people say rivers can't talk...they aren't "alive", don't have souls...but to me they do. With nothing but the zzzzz of my CK hubs and the sweet smooth sound of the river flowing past lava rocks, I hummed down the trail.

The weekend is here.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Good morning! My new bike (roadie) came yesterday and I had planned on putting it together and heading out for a ride BUT our 55 gallon acquarium decided to spring a leak (major) so I spent the evening cleaning the acquarium, putting the fish in another acquarium and steam cleaning the carpeting :( Now it's pouring so no road ride tonight either. I am planning on putting the bike together tonight (with Sq-Earl supervising) and am hoping to get out tomorrow morning before Tulip festival! I'll probably test ride it on the rollers tonight too :thumb:

This is my new bikey:

Managed to make good dinner last night despite the commotion...meatloaf, mashed potatos, garden salad and some broccoli with toasted garlic. Mmmm......

That is all.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
@ Treesaw's bike

Ha, you got ripped off, that thing doesn't even have a suspension fork!!

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
mornin stosh

not much exciting to report on. We are having a party here today, so it's pretty much a waste of a day. Just ordered flowers for Renae for mother's day... that takes care of that.

We are leaving tomorrow for Virginia (for a wedding). We'll be back sometime Tuesday.

Not very exciting I know... but it's all I've got for today.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
TreeSaw said:
I can't wait to ride it too :thumb:

@Stosh -- I don't need no stinking suspension...that's what my DH bike is for :devil:
So when you guys coming to Diablo again?

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
TreeSaw said:
Good morning! My new bike (roadie) came yesterday and I had planned on putting it together and heading out for a ride BUT our 55 gallon acquarium decided to spring a leak (major) so I spent the evening cleaning the acquarium, putting the fish in another acquarium and steam cleaning the carpeting :( Now it's pouring so no road ride tonight either. I am planning on putting the bike together tonight (with Sq-Earl supervising) and am hoping to get out tomorrow morning before Tulip festival! I'll probably test ride it on the rollers tonight too :thumb:

This is my new bikey:

Managed to make good dinner last night despite the commotion...meatloaf, mashed potatos, garden salad and some broccoli with toasted garlic. Mmmm......

That is all.

bummer about the tank... I had a similar experience once...

In the middle of the night I heard a thud, got up to see what it was... turns out the clock on the wall above my 30g piranha tank fell off the wall and hit the filter on teh way down. Cracked the filter housing, so as the filter sucked up water out of the tank, it spilled out onto the floor. That was fun, as I'm sure you can relate.

What kind of fish do you have? I used to be big into fish... every now and again I miss my tanks.

Sweet bike though - hope the weather holds out for you this weekend so you can get some saddle time in. I'll be looking for you to spend more time in teh roadie forum now ;)

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
jacksonpt said:
bummer about the tank... I had a similar experience once...

In the middle of the night I heard a thud, got up to see what it was... turns out the clock on the wall above my 30g piranha tank fell off the wall and hit the filter on teh way down. Cracked the filter housing, so as the filter sucked up water out of the tank, it spilled out onto the floor. That was fun, as I'm sure you can relate.

What kind of fish do you have? I used to be big into fish... every now and again I miss my tanks.

Sweet bike though - hope the weather holds out for you this weekend so you can get some saddle time in. I'll be looking for you to spend more time in teh roadie forum now ;)
We were bummed. It's a hexagonal tank and it's leaking down one of the seams. Earl's going to try to fix it, but we'll see. Right now we have just 4 fish - a shark, a very large cleaner fish and two medium/small African cichlids (orange and blue with stripes).

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
TreeSaw said:
We were bummed. It's a hexagonal tank and it's leaking down one of the seams. Earl's going to try to fix it, but we'll see. Right now we have just 4 fish - a shark, a very large cleaner fish and two medium/small African cichlids (orange and blue with stripes).
If it's split down the seal it should be easy to fix. Just pick up some aquarium safe sealant and redo the inner bead. Let it dry for a couple of days and you should be set. If the glass/acrylic is cracked, then you've got a bigger project ahead of you, if you want to fix it.

Good luck. I use to have a pentagon tank - they are defintely cool.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
im currently getting ready for prom tonight. should be a pretty good time even though the weather is gonna suck.

macko

Turbo Monkey
Jul 12, 2002
THE Palouse
I've got my bag all packed in my truck, I'm leaving for Havasupai right after work. For those of you not from the SW, it's a canyon on Indian Reservation land connected to the Grand Canyon. Waterfalls, rivers, canyons ... it's supposed to be one of the most beautiful places in Arizona. I can't wait!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
macko said:
I've got my bag all packed in my truck, I'm leaving for Havasupai right after work. For those of you not from the SW, it's a canyon on Indian Reservation land connected to the Grand Canyon. Waterfalls, rivers, canyons ... it's supposed to be one of the most beautiful places in Arizona. I can't wait!
have fun and bring a camera macko. that place was really great. enjoy yr trip.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Greyhound said:
Hidee-ho, neighbors!

Pizza and beer night last night---the joint was super-crowded for 9pm, but it rocked as always. Why is it these hole-in-the-wall places have some of the best food? Those damn Portugese can really sling a pie, man.

I just came out of a meeting with the suits here at work, and the end result is, that I'm going to have to fire an employee on Monday morning. We've bent over backwards for this guy and his performance, attendance, and attitude has continued to decline with each passing month. I hate to be the one chosen to do this, but I guess that's the breaks, huh? This will be my first termination-talk.......my cherry gets busted on this one. And I know this knucklehead is going to show his ass when this goes down, so I'm definately not looking forward to that. Any suggestions?
have a camera ready for when he shows his A$$ then claim harrassment and a hostile work environment, tell the suits you need therapy (they don't have to know it is therapy by bike) and take the summer off to ride! (is that the type of advice you wanted)

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
brungeman said:
have a camera ready for when he shows his A$$ then claim harrassment and a hostile work environment, tell the suits you need therapy (they don't have to know it is therapy by bike) and take the summer off to ride! (is that the type of advice you wanted)

Ha! I knew I liked you for a reason. :thumb: