Quantcast

~~~Good Friday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

Got a ton of stuff to do this weekend. Should be putting in some sweet OT as well.
It's supposed to rain most of the weekend so we'll be packing up our stuff for the big move.

What's everybody got planned for the weekend?

Hope ya all have a great day!

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
'morning stosh.

I'm reading this document right next to me and it says:

OFFER TO PURCHASE AND CONTRACT

Stephan xxxxxxxxx and Jennifer xxxxxxxx as Buyer, hereby offers to purchase...
:D Yep, we signed our offer to purchase. I hope to hear back this morning with an acceptance, as the contractor was willing to settle all of our questions/concerns.

We're gonna be homeowners!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
binary visions said:
'morning stosh.

:D Yep, we signed our offer to purchase. I hope to hear back this morning with an acceptance, as the contractor was willing to settle all of our questions/concerns.

wow thats awesome!
When do we get to see pics?

Congrats man!!

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Morning stosh,

got a bunch of deadfall cut last night on the trails we have been building (notice I said "deadfall") the rain was pounding the whole time!!!

it looks like rain for most of the weekend so I may do some trail work or just spend some time with Emma:thumb:

Have a great day all!

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Speaking of moving, that's what I've got to help a friend do this weekend. Not looking forward to it. This is the type of friend who will have done absolutely NOTHING towards having anything packed and ready to go when I get there with the moving truck.

Didn't do a whole lot yesterday after work....it had rained pretty hard here in town in the afternoon, so I went to get my oil changed, stopped by the grocery store and headed to the house. Turns out, it didn't rain hardly at all out there, so I ended up mowing the yard and getting some weeds out of the flower areas. Cooked up some Kielbasa and sauerkraut and had a few 7&7's out by the grill whilst doing so. Nice evening.

macko

Turbo Monkey
Jul 12, 2002
THE Palouse
Glad it's Friday! Suns blew it last night. Our state's on fire. I'm gonna have to work this weekend. Glad it's Friday!

Congrats BV! How exciting!

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
binary visions said:
'morning stosh.

right on mang!

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
stosh said:
wow thats awesome!
When do we get to see pics?

Congrats man!!
I'll probably start a thread and update it as the construction progresses. It's just an empty lot now, we got to pick and choose what he's going to build on the lot, now he'll build it and we'll close on the whole deal in December.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Morning all. I am getting out of work at high noon to drop off some trail tools and then off to food shop until I drop for the weekend DH race at Plattekill. Once again I skip Nat'l Trails Day to throw myself down the mountain, most likely in the mud. Luckily my fine wife is buying me one of the cheap clear rain jackets this afternoon that I won't feel bad ripping, as I hang precariously off some shale filled drop at practice tomorrow!

I also promised a friend I'd work on his bike tonight as this Sunday is his 1st race. I'm a little scared as all the pivots are loose as hell and he hasn't a lot of maintainence (if ever) on his Demo 9...I could be opening a can of worms...

Race weekend weather looks like constant rain all day for Saturday's practice and a mix for the race on Sunday. Hopefully it will tack up annd all my wet weather riding will pay off.

Sunday night will consist of stopping by at our local brew pub on the way home for a sampling or 2 of one of the finest Wit (wheat) beers I have ever quaffed.

Have a good weekend all! - Jim

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
BinaryV needs to post house pics! Good luck on the offer!

It's supposed to RAIN tomorrow, dammit. :mad: It better not put a damper on our cookout plans. Looks like we should be ok for the Sunday MS ride though. :)

Going out to dinner tonight with the wifer to celebrate our five year wedding anniversary. HOORAY! (funny, we were newlyweds when we joined RM)

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Congrats BV on the home purchase!

My band has a good gig tonight at the biggest stage in town. We're pretty psyched!

Gonna try to preride the Cutler 24 course this weekend sometime too.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I Are Baboon said:
Going out to dinner tonight with the wifer to celebrate our five year wedding anniversary. HOORAY! (funny, we were newlyweds when we joined RM)
Are you guys gonna celebrate by sending romantic PMs to each other? Maybe assign mushy custom titles?

sneakysnake

Monkey
Apr 2, 2006
NC
I Are Baboon said:

Congratulations

My day will consist of going for a run, coming home and eating, then going for a bike ride. And tom. I have SAT's yay!!!!! I just love spending 6 hours in a class room taking a test.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
binary visions said:
Are you guys gonna celebrate by sending romantic PMs to each other? Maybe assign mushy custom titles?
haha...actually, we only send PM's to each other when e-mail appears to be slow or not working. Or sometimes if I'm in the office at home and she is doing work (real work) on her laptop in the dining room, I'll send her PM's just to annoy her.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Happy Anniversary MBC and IAB!!

Hope everything goes through for you and Antimony, BV!! Good Luck and Congrats!

We lost our playoff game last night 4-3. Sucked, since we had to use a goalie from another team and he showed up half in the bag already.

Oh well, more time for riding after work now. :thumb:

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Didn't do much last night except play a little 1 on 1 basketball with a friend. All was going well until my big toe on my right foot felt like it had a gel pad under it. Took off my shoe and found that I had ripped through the insole and the gel like feeling was because of a nice big blister that had formed. Awesome.

Not doing much this weekend, helping out a kid from my Boyscout troop with his Eagle Scout ceremony, getting in a ride, and hopefully sneaking out for a little golf at some point.

Oh yea, and the f'in bike shop better have my frame done today. 3 weeks to ream/face/press in the headset is ridiculous and I am a little upset that it has taken this long considering the magnitude of the repair.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
morning everyone, today is a good day...since AE is a killer company we have half day fridays all summer, so i am doing some video conferenceing for most of the morning, heading to the shop to order my new bottlerocket frame, then playing with my new huge monitor for the rest of the day!

:love: :love: :love: :love:

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Happy Anniversay!

I had quite a day yesterday, moved into my new apartment with my girlfriend. Its SUPER nice, and I am gonna be a worthless POS today at work. Hopefully no one wants to look at a bike hanging from the ceiling, I dunno if I could get it down!

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Congrats BV and Babs! :thumb:

Had a night of riding (inside...again due to the weather). Got in 40 minutes on the trainer.Finally broke down and turned the AC on to kill the humidity. Then my friend from Cali called around 11:30, just as I was ready to go to bed. Good to hear from her, but damn I'm tired today :dead:

Hoping the rain stops soon and planning to check out the Fat Tire Fest. at Blue Mountain this weekend. Have a great weekend everyone!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
binary visions said:
'morning stosh.

YEAH! Congratulations! I hope your offer gets accepted and all goes smoothly for you. Post up some pics of the new digs and construction progress!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
I Are Baboon said:
BinaryV needs to post house pics! Good luck on the offer!

It's supposed to RAIN tomorrow, dammit. :mad: It better not put a damper on our cookout plans. Looks like we should be ok for the Sunday MS ride though. :)

Happy 5th Anniversary Phil & Randee!

Hope you have an excellent dinner and good weather for the MS ride this weekend.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Morning all! I am tired today!!! Sq-Earl's home with Syd this morning and we're going to meet up for some lunch before he's going to his co-workers' birthday bash. His wife rented out a local movie theater for he and his friends to all go and see X3. Then, I am off to BJs to get some diapers, wipes and booze...what a combo ;)

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Thanks for the "congrats", monkeys! :) Our anniversary date is actually tomorrow, but tomorrow we'll be running around all day and hosting the cookout, so dinner has to be tonight. :)

BTW, we don't do anniversary gifts.

bella

Monkey
Jul 30, 2004
portland or
congrats on the house BV! and Happy Anniversary MBC and IAB!!

so i went out to my first punk show probably in 4 or 5 yrs last night... boy the scene has changed. overall it was a good time, decent music and PBR on tap.
ive got training for work all day sat whihc will be a bummer but doin the ms ride on sunday and riding today if it dries up a bit.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
binary visions said:
'morning stosh.

That kicks ASS!!!! congrats. Fire any housing/constructions questions my way if you need to.

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
bluebug32 said:
What's with PBR being so popular with college kids all of a sudden? I wonder how this trend suddely started?
'cause its cheap and not as bad as some of the alternatives. And whats cool here is usually cool everywhere.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
bella said:
congrats on the house BV! and Happy Anniversary MBC and IAB!!

so i went out to my first punk show probably in 4 or 5 yrs last night... boy the scene has changed. overall it was a good time, decent music and PBR on tap.
ive got training for work all day sat whihc will be a bummer but doin the ms ride on sunday and riding today if it dries up a bit.
Who'd you see?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Brian HCM#1 said:
That kicks ASS!!!! congrats. Fire any housing/constructions questions my way if you need to.
Thanks, Brian. I actually did have one quick question, check your PMs.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I Are Baboon said:
Thanks for the "congrats", monkeys! :) Our anniversary date is actually tomorrow, but tomorrow we'll be running around all day and hosting the cookout, so dinner has to be tonight. :)

BTW, we don't do anniversary gifts.
Whatcha grillin up for us tomorrow night????

J

JRB

Congrats BV and Jen. I have nothing except I am leaving in a half hour to go pick Wumpus up to head to AR to MW monkeyfest. :thumb:

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
binary visions said:
I'll probably start a thread and update it as the construction progresses. It's just an empty lot now, we got to pick and choose what he's going to build on the lot, now he'll build it and we'll close on the whole deal in December.

I do custom builds as well, so if you have any questions at all let me know and I'll try to help you out.