Quantcast

~~Good Friday Morning!!!~~

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
morning all,

had a great night of trail work at the park with Manhattanprjkt after over a 1 week layoff due to my contracting "hand foot & mouth" disease from one of my lovely students:mumble:

anyway, we cut 2 deadfall trees to place across a ravine and I dragged them into place, and actually walked across the trees and they held. we didn't have them dug in, so it was a little sketchy, but it is going to be sweet. I am going to pick up some pallets today to use as the bridge decking.

what I have planned
today: Mow lawn
blow nose (allergies are killing me)
Wash Bike
Go to bank (whoot whoot! I got paid for one of my clubs, and I am going to go blow the money on something cool at the shop)
go get pallets
modify pallets
monitor RM for any good stuff
go to park and drop pallets
GO TO BEER DISTRIBUTOR AND GET A CASE OF GOOD STUFF (I only have 2 left in the fridge and that can be bad!)
Wait for Manhattanprjkt to get done with work so we can build baby build! then drink beer

what Bek has planned for me
watch Emma
Mow lawn
go to lunch with her family (not happening)
go to some stupid party (there is a party for someone in her family every fvcking day this weekend :mumble: ) (need I say not happening)

have a great weekend if I don't hear from you guys! and to all who are going, good luck at the races! make the monkey proud!

***edited and resubmitted for your approval!***

J

JRB

Good morning.

Still no word back from Capt.Crispy, so I guess it's time to make him look like an ass. Maybe he did ship the fork, maybe not. No reply for a week is inexcusable, so I will post a warning when I have more time with name/address and such. I think I have a number for him, so I'll likely try to call. Pretty lame if you ask me.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
McGRP01 said:
always is.... :rolleyes: Doubt I'm going this year. $$ is tight right now, so my racing schedule has been cut way back. :(
Me too! $$ is tight... I planned to race but still took those days off! Maybe I'll come to 'Toga to ride with you guys?

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Polandspring88 said:
It was a simple facing/reaming/headset press job. Supposed to take a couple of days. When I called on the day it was supposed to be done, they said they had lost the tool and had to order a new one. Ok, I can deal with that. However, it took them 2 weeks to order a new one. Then it supposedly got lost in a UPS shipment. Ok, I can deal with that too. So they tell me that they will order one and have it 2 day shipped so I can get my frame back. I call to find out if it is done, and no, it is not. So, fvck em, they have had enough chances. I think I have been more than patient with them.
yep that sucks! the shop Manhattan and I work at lends tools out :rolleyes: not the best idea when you are running a business! and the one owner is kinda forgetful so sometimes the stuff never comes back, not to mention that he always forgets to place orders! if you want something done it is best to talk to the other owner:rolleyes:

the facing tool is expensive. I have thought about getting one anyway myself, and if the shop needs it take it in for them. (one of the tools that I believe made legs)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
ROFL

I just got the new Jenson ad.
They build up their black zion just like mine. Except mine has 8gear and theirs only has 1.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Jim Mac said:
Morning. It's raining (again). Not much going on for once...I'm on call fro my job so any (potential) riding this weekend will be limited to the Pine Bush - where I can sprint back to the car if needed, plus it has a sandy base so it drains well.. Working at the 'Tube tomorrow - 2nd job while on call for the 1st is ALWAYS a potentially fun and/or disasterous time.

I'm off a chunk of next week so HOPEFULLY I'll get some riding in!

Over and out - Jim.
I should be in the Albany area with Rob on Sat. Maybe we'll stop by.

Where do you ride in the Pine Bush? I wasn't aware that riding was allowed. What are the trails like?

mogulskr

Monkey
Aug 28, 2002
NH
Polandspring88 said:
It was a simple facing/reaming/headset press job. Supposed to take a couple of days. When I called on the day it was supposed to be done, they said they had lost the tool and had to order a new one. Ok, I can deal with that. However, it took them 2 weeks to order a new one. Then it supposedly got lost in a UPS shipment. Ok, I can deal with that too. So they tell me that they will order one and have it 2 day shipped so I can get my frame back. I call to find out if it is done, and no, it is not. So, fvck em, they have had enough chances. I think I have been more than patient with them.

Hey, does the shop name start with a P?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Ian F said:
Stosh, how DARE you wash your car today... I need to take the Spitfire out for a test drive this afternoon... :redhot:

Plans for the w/e.... cars of course... Volvo tech day gathering tomorrow... British car show on Sunday...

Someday I'll ride a bike again... :nopity:
Hey man!

I totally missed this post!!!

J

JRB

stosh said:
ROFL

I just got the new Jenson ad.
They build up their black zion just like mine. Except mine has 8gear and theirs only has 1.

Quick - quit your job and go to work for Trek. You are the best bike designer ever. :D

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
bluebug32 said:
I should be in the Albany area with Rob on Sat. Maybe we'll stop by.

Where do you ride in the Pine Bush? I wasn't aware that riding was allowed. What are the trails like?
I would come up and ride with you all, but my on-call job (electronic leash) keeps me from going too far...have it until 9:00 am Monday...

The Pine Bush is kind of flat and sandy. It has a mix of double and singletrack. There is an abundance of bootleg fun tight trails but you risk getting ticketed. There are also some good trails that are off the 'Bush property that are fun and are "unticket-able". It's a short ride, though unless you string the many dislocated parts of the 'Bush together (divided up my roads, malls, etc.).

I get out of work by 5pm on Saturday and hope to be riding by 6...and Sunday I'm not sure yet.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Jim Mac said:
I would come up and ride with you all, but my on-call job (electronic leash) keeps me from going too far...have it until 9:00 am Monday...

The Pine Bush is kind of flat and sandy. It has a mix of double and singletrack. There is an abundance of bootleg fun tight trails but you risk getting ticketed. There are also some good trails that are off the 'Bush property that are fun and are "unticket-able". It's a short ride, though unless you string the many dislocated parts of the 'Bush together (divided up my roads, malls, etc.).

I get out of work by 5pm on Saturday and hope to be riding by 6...and Sunday I'm not sure yet.
I normally do this pretty nice, fast & fun 15 mile "sorta" loop that hits all the good bootleg trails

last time I was there, bombing down a illegal trail, i see someone stoped, with a 'trail patrol' vest on, uh oh.......so I shifted up a gear or 2 and ride past them, and didnt look back for 5 minutes or so :D

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
I Are Baboon said:
So what's "good stuff"?
I think with the warmer weather, a Hoppier beer is the right choice, so probably Troegs HopBack amber ale. or something along those lines, a little more fiery to cut the heat. Maybe a Great Lakes "Burning River pale ale" or even their "Holy Moses white ale"

I will see when I get there! but believe me it will be a reward for a hard school year!:thumb:

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
Polandspring88 said:
It was a simple facing/reaming/headset press job. Supposed to take a couple of days. ..... I call to find out if it is done, and no, it is not. So, fvck em, they have had enough chances. I think I have been more than patient with them.
Yep, that sucks... headtube facing/reaming is one of the few jobs I have to farm out. $300+ for a tool I'd use maybe once every few years is even more than I can justify... but fortunately, my LBC is pretty good about stuff like this. Had them ream my Yeti out for a Steelset and had it back the next day.

If that had failed, I know another shop where the owner is a tool junkie (has Snap-on for sockets and screw drivers, fer cryin' out loud...) and basically has the complete Park and Campy tool collection. A few years ago, he almost bought an alignment table.

I love tools... :love: ...as anyone who has seen my tool boxes can attest. At one point I even had a spoke threader, but sold it after deciding I don't build wheels often enough. :rolleyes:

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
brungeman said:
I think with the warmer weather, a Hoppier beer is the right choice, so probably Troegs HopBack amber ale. or something along those lines, a little more fiery to cut the heat. Maybe a Great Lakes "Burning River pale ale" or even their "Holy Moses white ale"

I will see when I get there! but believe me it will be a reward for a hard school year!:thumb:
Just go with a good IPA...Big fan of the Dogfishhead 60 or 90 minute...

R

richcreek

good morning here in ohio, i am getting ready to hit snowshoe for 3 riding days.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i mistakenly posted in the thursday GM thread. life is still good. gonna uncork a bottle of barbaresco ($18 !!) and eat some pizza. just had some kickass pecorino and some hard spicy sausage. did a kickass scooter tour w/ my brother-in-law on his vespa today, through rome. definitely a unique experience to see the city...damn is the traffic nuts. this place is not quite anarchy, but close.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i can't remember what day this is...

:redface:

i had an italian guy say 'americano...busho....fvck you' to me last night. i told him to save it for N8.

J

JRB

narlus said:
i can't remember what day this is...

:redface:

i had an italian guy say 'americano...busho....fvck you' to me last night. i told him to save it for N8.
Kick those Italian's asses and yell "odoul rules".

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Uh..good afternoon,

Firmed up the Flagstaff trip for Sunday, stoked about the ride. There is also a full moon night ride at McDowell Park this weekend but on the fence for that one considering I have to bail out at 3:00 AM to prepare for the Flag trip.

Have a good weekend.

J

JRB

dogwonder said:
"Odoul rules" :confused:

Either this was an ill attempt at "ODoyle RULES!" or somebody who really like to tell Italian's how much he likes non-alcoholic beer...
Dude - I don't have the script. :mumble:

J

JRB

I Are Baboon said:
:rofl:

Were you wearing your "USA Rules!" t-shirt again?
I would imagine he had something more like "Rockin' with W in my H3". Nevermind, that would be someone else here.

J

JRB

dogwonder said:
You need a script for ODoyle rules? :confused:
Apparently to spell it correctly. You do know, no matter how stupid the line, most films start out with a script, right???

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
JRB said:
Apparently to spell it correctly. You do know, no matter how stupid the line, most films start out with a script, right???
Yes...familiar with acting process...done some theater myself...but I'd never forget a line as classic as

ODOYLE RULES!!!