Quantcast

~~Good Friday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Man I love FRIDAYS!!!

Last night we got our big project out the door which is an awesome feeling. I can finally rest when I get done work!!

We started stripping wall paper at the new house and we'll probably be doing more of that this weekend along with some painting.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
A friend of a friend, while coupling with a gentlemen, inadvertently delivered a variation of the cleveland steamer. It might have had something to do with point of entry.

Honestly.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I did my 3rd group road ride of the year, it was listed at 17-18/hilly and I showed up to find almost everone (25-30 pople) there had a local road racing club's team kit on. oh crap.

It turned out to be an awesome ride, ended up in a group of 3, it rained for at least 1/2 of the ride (which made drafting tough due to wheel spray), hit about 55mph at one point, and had my highest average mph of any ride this year. woot!

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Morning :monkey:s. Got in early and gonna blast out around 2:00 this afternoon. Quiet weekend planned - some t-ball on Saturday, a bit of yard work, maybe some gardening, a big ride Sunday morning.......... then hopefully a big steak dinner Sunday night. :drool:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
Polandspring88 said:
Built my 5 iron last night. Was going fine until I jammed the head into the shaft and a burr caught it and I had to wrestle with it to get the head back off. Finally did and glued it up. It looks really sexy...too bad I'm fighting the demons that tell me to get a new set of irons.
Ummm......... what the Hell are you talking about?? :confused:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Oh wait, I almost forgot, I'm going riding this weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
I had a good ride yesterday. Even with the heavy rains on Tuesday and Wednesday, the trails were mostly dry. Did part of the ride with some singlespeeders which if not for the good conditions would have left me in a bad mood.

Why are so many singlespeeders so adamant about how great their way is? I eventually stalled them on a steep climb and then left them.

pepe

Monkey
Jun 13, 2006
North of the border
Good morning. I cut an adapter for my chain guide last night. I used 3/16" steel, but I didn't fuss much and need to redo it. It is going to work, but I need to use a smaller center hole saw and just ream it a bit. I may just use steel, but I am also going to try aluminum, if I can find some.

I enjoyed rockin' to SteveW's threads last night. Not enjoying his GMT post, but that's likely since I have no idea what he is talking about. I also watched part of "Puff, Puff, Pass". It's kind of funny, but I am getting bored with it quickly.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
DRB said:
Why are so many singlespeeders so adamant about how great their way is? I eventually stalled them on a steep climb and then left them.
The funniest thing I have seen was a friend of my brothers, a roadie, on his Giant Beach Cruiser type single speed crush a group of fellow roadies on a slight climb when I lived in Wheatridge.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning all. Good night last night. Did some wrenching on my neighbor's roadie. Put on a new set of Spynergy Xaero Lites for him, new casette, chain, tires... He's doing the Ford Ironman USA Triathelon in Lake Placid, NY on July 23rd (2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike, 26.2 mile run) and I'm heading up to "crew" for him. Man I wish I could wrench for a living...it's theraputic for me. After that we headed over to his house for beers and BBQ.

Full schedule for this weekend, that includes lots of family/kid activities. I might get a ride in somewhere though...maybe I'll play the "Father's Day card"....

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Morning.

Had an awesome ride at the 909 last night. That's 909 acres of preserved state land that's not far from where I work, but last night was the first time I'd been there. It's similar to Stewart in that it has lots of really long decents where you can grab some wicked speed. There's some climbing too but it's wasn't very steap. I definitely want to go back soon!

Tonight it's packing for the city and regional magazine conference in Boston. No bike for me this weekend, but hopefully some great networking instead!

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!

Reality delivered a swift kick in the nuts yesterday afternoon as I got to see the 1st ultrasound pics of our baby. 8 weeks along and it looks like we;ve got arms and legs starting to bloom. Freakin' sweet. I got all teary-eyed and s'thuff just looking at the picture......I can't imagine what kind of blubbering idiot I'm going to be when it's born.

By the way......7-n-7's plus Chinese Food equals major heartburn.

pepe

Monkey
Jun 13, 2006
North of the border
Greyhound said:
Good Morning!

Reality delivered a swift kick in the nuts yesterday afternoon as I got to see the 1st ultrasound pics of our baby. 8 weeks along and it looks like we;ve got arms and legs starting to bloom. Freakin' sweet. I got all teary-eyed and s'thuff just looking at the picture......I can't imagine what kind of blubbering idiot I'm going to be when it's born.

Awesome - get ready to be a giant sissy. :thumb: It's worth it though.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
Greyhound said:
Good Morning!

Get hold of yourself pvssy!

Yikes! :hot:

I was an emotional wreck at my first boy's birth (after he was born). :D

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
tried to do some more photoshop learning (messed about w/ curves), but i can see that this is going to be a long, drawn out tutelage.

read some of my book and fell asleep.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Greyhound said:
I can't imagine what kind of blubbering idiot I'm going to be when it's born.

My wife is at 10 weeks! Maybe we should form a club. We just checked the book last night and they say it is the size of a plum now. Freaky Deaky! We got our 8 week ultrasound and really all we could see was a head. (Check the Junior Monkey thread if you want to see it.)

Speaking of heartburn. My wife's is so bad from the baby. She's been drinking MOM right from the bottle. I guess she had a little too much yesterday. She called me at work to tell me that she took a huge crap and when it hit the bowl it started foaming. That ain't right.

Rockland said:
A bearing in my Hadley hub blew up last night rendering my bike a fixie. :mad:

I'm off to Maine on Sunday. Rockland - get your hub fixed so we can ride!

pepe

Monkey
Jun 13, 2006
North of the border
SkaredShtles said:
She ought to be thrilled you share *that* with the entire world. :dead: :p
:stupid: As a past poster of many improper things, I can assure you that this one qualifies. :think:

Rockland - instead of fixing the hub, schedule that boy some counseling. :D

sneakysnake

Monkey
Apr 2, 2006
NC
Morning everyone, I had a nice ride yesterday. I almost got lost on some trails that I've never ridden before, but that's ok. We're leaving in a half hour or so to go to Disney World!!!!! So hopefully where we're staying will have internet so I don't have to go through monkey withdrawl. :)

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Dammit, I went and crashed on my ride last night and now I don't know if I'm going to be able to race tomorrow. PISSES ME OFF! I made it through all the technical rock sections and then crashed on a stupid little corner. I'm pretty sure it's just a really deep muscle bruise on my elbow/forearm...but I couldn't really hold onto the handlebars with any sort of grip on the DH. Why, why? GRRRRRRRR>

pepe

Monkey
Jun 13, 2006
North of the border
Heidi said:
Dammit, I went and crashed on my ride last night and now I don't know if I'm going to be able to race tomorrow. PISSES ME OFF! I made it through all the technical rock sections and then crashed on a stupid little corner. I'm pretty sure it's just a really deep muscle bruise on my elbow/forearm...but I couldn't really hold onto the handlebars with any sort of grip on the DH. Why, why? GRRRRRRRR>

I hope it's nothing. Heal quickly.