Quantcast

~~Good Friday Morning!!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

It's amazing how stressful family can make wedding planning...

That is all for today. Hope everybody has an awesome weekend I'll see you all on Wed.

Have a great day!

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh.

Wednesday: no power, no running water, lots of flooding - rode 26 miles.
Thursday: no power, no running water, lots of flooding - rode 24 miles.
Friday: no power, no running water, lots of flooding - hopefully I get out on the bike again today.

Not much going on... more work, hopefully more riding, more trying to find showers/baths. All things considered, we have it pretty good. My "home" trails took a beating, so I'm hoping the creek levels drop enough over the weekend to be able to do some repair work Sunday/Monday/Tuesday. Only time will tell though.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Good day planned.

Got some paperwork to sign this morning. Then its off to the bar for the Argentina V Germany game. Back to the office for a couple of hours. And then its off for a ramble on the road bike. I'm aiming for 4 hours but with no specific route in mind.

Then a long ass weekend.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Morning Stosh!

Well, we're venturing into the great north of Vermont in about an hour, so it'll be vacation time! WOO HOO! Trails are drying, there will be riding, and there will be beer consumption!

Other than that...not much happening.

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
Morning Stosh...last day of the quarter and the sun is finally out. :mumble:

Will likely be a late day at work but hopefully be able to dust the bike off and get some time back in the saddle.

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
robdamanii said:
Morning Stosh!

Well, we're venturing into the great north of Vermont in about an hour, so it'll be vacation time! WOO HOO! Trails are drying, there will be riding, and there will be beer consumption!

Other than that...not much happening.
Looking good...

kindomtrails.org said:
TRAIL CONDITIONS
Thursday June 29, 2006 8:00 AM - The Trails on DARLING HILL are open. We are going to give the mountain trails two days to dry off from all the rain yet we expect to open them Saturday. Please respect any trail closures. Thanks!
Watch out for the moose...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I will be attending a 50's and under event tomorrow....

God I love the elderly.

And maybe take the bike for a spin around the block.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Usually they would make this a half day. They have not made it a half day. Therefore I have concluded I will make my own half day by just sitting here in the afternoon with my eyes glazed over in a semi-comatose state.

Weekend is shaping up to be a good one. Loooots of golf on the agenda. God I love golf. Maybe I'll sneak a ride in there somewhere, since riding is good too.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Morning all. Did the Slayer thing last night - they were amazing, to say the least- great/grotesque visuals to go along with the music - though not as crazed as the Butthole Surfers visuals in their heyday. Tom Araya's vocals sounded awesome. I haven't been to a show like that IN A LONG TIME: 4000 sweaty metal dudes and dudettes yelling "ANGEL OF DEATH!!!!" while throwing plastic bud bottles at each other. And I got in for free!

Great crowd watching, too. We saw "Garbage Can Man "(stood behind us attempting to throw a 55 gallon plastic garbage can), "Monkey Girl" (on some dude's shoulders while a friend kept on picking up all the plastic bottles for her to throw all night) and "Anger Management Woman" (watched her beat up her boyfriend while waiting in the beer line, like full on fisticuffs!).

In bike related news: one of the dudes from opening act Children of Bodom from Finland came into the shop in the afternoon and asked me to do a headset adjustment on his Walmart chopper. I
did the old "secret trick" adjustment for dual crown forks and he was headed back to the show! Rock on!

It isn't raining today. I'm excited.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
You know how sometimes you get that 'morning wood' thing going on, cause you have to pee real bad?

How do you handle that? Do you push it down to pee?

I have a piece of tape on my floor which is exactly where I must stand to get the trajectory down to pee in the proper arch.

ukjason

sexist pig
May 14, 2006
leicester uk
BurlyShirley said:
You know how sometimes you get that 'morning wood' thing going on, cause you have to pee real bad?

I have a piece of tape on my floor which is exactly where I must stand to get the trajectory down to pee in the proper arch.
You have way to much spare time

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
went w/the B group to ride with my friend (she just got the doc' s ok to ride from her broken leg)...

was more of a work than I thought (there was no drafting/pacelines, plus I had to chase people a couple times being they missed a turn)

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
dogwonder said:
Morning Stosh...last day of the quarter and the sun is finally out. :mumble:

Will likely be a late day at work but hopefully be able to dust the bike off and get some time back in the saddle.
You coming on Sunday?

splat

Nam I am
Morning ! was suppose to ride with Boon last night on my Drive home from NY . Butther ewas rain in the forcast so he cancelled. It was Sunny and clear teh whole way home!! we could have easily ridden , IAB has to stoplooking at teh weather forcast and Just F***ing ride!!!

But felt good to get home , sleep in my own bed , with My own Wife.

Goy up this morning and Got back on the road bike and road to work !

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
oh yeah. It looks like I'm not getting that kid's S-Works Stumpy FSR afterall. Sucks 'cause I was really stoked on it. We had worked out what I felt was a good deal but then he re-neged, worst part was the crappy set of excuses he gave me...

So if anyone has a medium XC/AM frame with 4-5 inches for under $700 please let me know!

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
BurlyShirley said:

How do you handle that?
Dude. You're supposed to "wake your woman up" in that special way, take care of the wood, then go take a whizz. :think:

I thought every guy knew this. :confused:

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Morning everyone.
Rode my bike 7 of the last 7 days including 1 ride-to-work day.
Nothing much else to report really.

Short day today then a nice 4-day weekend filled with good friends, BeerBQ'in and decorative explosives.

Have a great day :monkey:s.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
BurlyShirley said:

It's all about the proper angle of leaning your body:thumb:

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
splat said:
But felt good to get home , sleep in my own bed , with My own Wife.
So let me get this straight.......... I sucked being away from home, sleeping in somone elses bed and sleeping with someone else wife?

Sounds fun to me!!!!!!

As long as you don't get caught;););):D

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
splat said:
Morning ! was suppose to ride with Boon last night on my Drive home from NY . Butther ewas rain in the forcast so he cancelled. It was Sunny and clear teh whole way home!! we could have easily ridden , IAB has to stoplooking at teh weather forcast and Just F***ing ride!!!
Hey, I don't think I appreciate your attitude, pal. :mad:

:D

Springfield got HAMMERED with thunderstorms yesterday afternoon. Part of I-91 was closed and traffic was diverted into the city, making getting out of here an absolute mess. When I finally got on the highway, two lanes were closed because the highway had flooded. Not good.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
'morning everyone. Jenn's mom, dad and brother are coming to visit tonight. Should be a good time - I like hanging out with all of them. We got a couple half-gallon jugs full of locally brewed beer for them. Had a pitcher while we were waiting for the jugs to be filled :D

It will be nice to have a little down time next weekend - we haven't had a weekend that wasn't absolutely packed full of things to do in a while.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
binary visions said:
'morning everyone. Jenn's mom, dad and brother are coming to visit tonight. Should be a good time - I like hanging out with all of them. We got a couple half-gallon jugs full of locally brewed beer for them. Had a pitcher while we were waiting for the jugs to be filled :D

It will be nice to have a little down time next weekend - we haven't had a weekend that wasn't absolutely packed full of things to do in a while.
Dont do the morning wood trajectory pee thing if they are over BTW.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
BurlyShirley said:

I just pee in the shower.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
binary visions said:
That is one *slow* bartender......... :D

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Good morning,

Off work today and just got back from a 20 mile bike ride with my kids (7 & 10). It was their longest ride to date. I'm very proud of them.

Hoping to catch the Spruce Mountain ride up in Prescott tomorrow morning, will try and get some pics.

Have a good day (working :D ) !