Quantcast

~~Good Friday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody?

I spent last night continuing to use my Xterra to pull out some bushes, that was fun. Then I drug them around the yard with the xterra as well to show my domination.
Other than that not to much else to report.

Hope ya all have a great weekend!

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Morning stosh!

sounds like MANLY fun!

worked construction all day:dead:

went to the blues jam last night to find out it was cancelled:dead:

sitting around this morning since 7:10 waiting for my Bro-InLaw to show up so we can get to the jobsite... I call and he tells me he shut his alarm off, and he just got up... I could have slept another hour:rolleyes:

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning. I got stuck here at work until 7 last night as one of our servers sh*t the bed. Planned on riding when I got home, but by the time I got there it was beer o'clock. Went over to the neighbor's and had dinner and then home to watch teh tour around 9pm. Several beers were consumed. Gonna do a road ride tonight and I"m planning on bringing the camera so I can post my first "ride report". Tomorrow I'm getting some new tires on the jeep (30" BFG AT K/O's), and then BBQ/pool party at one of my daughter's friends house. Sunday I'm meeting up with Dogwonder in the a.m. and taking him to our local trails to rip it up with Treesaw and a few others. Can't wait!!

Have a good TGIF y'all!! :thumb:

macko

Turbo Monkey
Jul 12, 2002
THE Palouse
Went for a morning ride yesterday with a buddy who is just starting to get into biking. Okay, now I'm not very good, but I've been riding for the majority of 6 or 7 years and have never had a bike that cost more than $1200.

So I meet up with this guy at the trail head and I'm scoping out his ride; it's some Specialized Stumpjumper, Fox shocks on both ends, all XTR'd out ... you know, the works. Friggin' thing cost him twenty-five hundo! I just can't see why someone who is just beginning to ride would drop that much cheese on a bike. ...and it's not like he makes a lot of money, to begin with. Priorities, I suppose.

Am I just cheap? Or jealous? Or both?

Anyways, have a great day folks!

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
stosh said:
How is everybody?

I spent last night continuing to use my Xterra to pull out some bushes, that was fun. Then I drug them around the yard with the xterra as well to show my domination.

Take that shrub! You should drive all over their lawn too!

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Got out of work a little late last night, and when I got home it turns out that only my Dad was home, so we went for a little ride. Nothing far or fast, just 6 or so miles. Then stopped by a friends house to drop something off and chatted with her and her friend for a while. Then I just came home and crashed.

Plans for Diablo tomorrow are no longer. Friend's grandfather died and he has to stay around for the weekend. I'm going to go ride with him tomorrow morning, then probably golf in the afternoon.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Tame Ape said:
Take that shrub! You should drive all over their lawn too!
I did, then I scared the schit out of myself because I couldn't get the xterra out of 4wd.

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
Morning Stosh...did a ride with Bluebug last night over at Stewart. It was a good time but was really buggy. At certain times, we became disoriented and had to move to another location until we reestablished our bearings.

Translation - Got lost as hell :thumb:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
dogwonder said:
Morning Stosh...did a ride with Bluebug last night over at Stewart. It was a good time but was really buggy. At certain times, we became disoriented and had to move to another location until we reestablished our bearings.

Translation - Got lost as hell :thumb:
I would have loved to have seen that!

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Morning! Tried to kill Dogwonder last night....Actually, we made a wrong turn early on, so we decided to try some freshly cut singletrack and see where it took us. Maybe not the best move in 7,000 acres, but it was certainly an interesting night and a fun ride. We actually had a map too, which makes it that much funnier (or perhaps pathetic). The cherry on the top was the deer tick I yanked off my leg in the shower.....

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
bluebug32 said:
Morning! Tried to kill Dogwonder last night....Actually, we made a wrong turn early on, so we decided to try some freshly cut singletrack and see where it took us. Maybe not the best move in 7,000 acres, but it was certainly an interesting night and a fun ride. We actually had a map too, which makes it that much funnier (or perhaps pathetic). The cherry on the top was the deer tick I yanked off my leg in the shower.....
Deer tick? Wow that's an added twist to the saga!!

And let's be clear on the map. When the trails aren't labelled, it severely inhibit the usefulness of the map. I was particulary fond of pointing to the map and thinking "Yeah, it would be cool if we were here"

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
stosh said:
How is everybody?

You did this all while squinting through one eye? Did you at least scream "ARRRGH BUSHES! YE BE WALKING THE PLANK!"

Morning monkeys. Alumni weekend here at school and that means I'm running like hell. I don't want to get roped into playing stupid games or anything, althoough free barbecue chicken sounds pretty freaking good.

I'm currently in the hunt for a reasonably cheap fork for a new project, and trying to figure out how the hell to get 100 bucks of crap from nashbar. Hrm.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Yo people!!!!:D

I'm not working today and get to go into San Francisco to SBC Park (where the SF Giants play) and get to play fantasy baseball. I get to field & hit on a major league field:thumb: Should be a good time:D.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
robdamanii said:
You did this all while squinting through one eye? Did you at least scream "ARRRGH BUSHES! YE BE WALKING THE PLANK!"

Morning monkeys. Alumni weekend here at school and that means I'm running like hell. I don't want to get roped into playing stupid games or anything, althoough free barbecue chicken sounds pretty freaking good.

I'm currently in the hunt for a reasonably cheap fork for a new project, and trying to figure out how the hell to get 100 bucks of crap from nashbar. Hrm.
Yeah pretty much, as I exerted more energy my eye got more swollen, it was cool!

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Sup yall. Did some road miles with Tweek yesterday in the heat. Having already ridden to and from work, it was a mixed blessing. I was already warmed up when we started, but I was SPENT when it was over.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
robdamanii said:
Please tell me you have an eyepatch and will take photos with it?
it's actually a bit better today.
It's still itchy but I can tell it's starting to dry out.

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
Planning to get out of work early today (1/2-day Fridays) and go for a decent road ride. Not much else going on... car-wrenching tomorrow... might get another ride in on Sunday.

splat

Nam I am
Morning !!! Playing hookeyu again today ( have this whole week ) Gettingthe Batteries and Bikes ready , then we head out to western Mass. to pick my Daughter up at camp then up to NH , and tommorow it is Race time !!! 24 Hrs of Pats Peak ( I'm doing a 2 X 12 )

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
The suburbs of Mexico.....
Good Morning Stosh! :D

A short day at work today, so I can head out to Petco Park and watch the Padres play the Braves tonight. Tommorow I'm headed south of the border (my first time going to Mexico) to eat lots of food, drink lots of beer, and watch a bullfight. Sunday I'll be making up for eating so much the day before by going on a nice little XC ride.

Have a good day everyone! :)

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Yo peoples. Good day at work, playing KEXP from Seattle while I toil away in the land of human service administration.

Despite the predicted heat wave, I am psyched for the next Plattekill race this weekend - but I hope they change up the sport course for this race, it's gotten a bit monotonous. Gonna go home and freeze up some gallons of H2O and Gatorade to make it through the heat - at least it'll dry out the trails hopefully! On Saturday afternoon, we'll search for a beer bar in Olive Bridge (an the way back from Plattekill practice to my sis's house on 28) in maybe Krumkill, NY??? should be interesting.

Have a good weekend and gosh bless us all, everyone.

macko

Turbo Monkey
Jul 12, 2002
THE Palouse
I ran a little experiment yesterday.

With 2 bikes on the Yakima rails on the top of my truck, I fully locked one bike down, both by the fork and rear wheel (Bike A) while leaving the second bike (Bike B) locked by the fork only. I then proceeded to accelerate my vehicle to a velocity of 25 MPH before hitting a speed bump rated for 15 MPH.

Hypothesis: Both bikes will stay connect to the rails at their forks. Bike B will experience a bounce but will return to a "seated" position in the rail.

Results: Bike B not only came out of it's seated position in the rail, but fell down the side of the truck. There was no permanent damage to the bike (besides cosmetics) but the truck sustained a decent dent from the eggbeater.

Conclusion: Yakima, Rocky Mounts, Thule, and similar manufacturers of rail-design bike mounting systems have included the means to secure the rear wheel of bikes for a reason. Use it.

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
macko said:
I ran a little experiment yesterday.

With 2 bikes on the Yakima rails on the top of my truck, I fully locked one bike down, both by the fork and rear wheel (Bike A) while leaving the second bike (Bike B) locked by the fork only. I then proceeded to accelerate my vehicle to a velocity of 25 MPH before hitting a speed bump rated for 15 MPH.

Hypothesis: Both bikes will stay connect to the rails at their forks. Bike B will experience a bounce but will return to a "seated" position in the rail.

Results: Bike B not only came out of it's seated position in the rail, but fell down the side of the truck. There was no permanent damage to the bike (besides cosmetics) but the truck sustained a decent dent from the eggbeater.

Conclusion: Yakima, Rocky Mounts, Thule, and similar manufacturers of rail-design bike mounting systems have included the means to secure the rear wheel of bikes for a reason. Use it.
Please tell me why you felt the need to conduct this experiment.

macko

Turbo Monkey
Jul 12, 2002
THE Palouse
dogwonder said:
Please tell me why you felt the need to conduct this experiment.
I actually just forgot to strap the rear wheel down and thought it would look more cool if I were to pretend like I did it in the name of science. :cool:

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
dogwonder said:
Deer tick? Wow that's an added twist to the saga!!

And let's be clear on the map. When the trails aren't labelled, it severely inhibit the usefulness of the map. I was particulary fond of pointing to the map and thinking "Yeah, it would be cool if we were here"
Totally...well, you wanted to see Stewart and I showed it to you--All of it!

Yeah, next time, we'll vear left off the bat and we'll be in like Flynn:thumb:

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
bluebug32 said:
Totally...well, you wanted to see Stewart and I showed it to you--All of it!

Yeah, next time, we'll vear left off the bat and we'll be in like Flynn:thumb:
Why go where you know? It's an adventure!

"Hey hon, I'm ok, just a little lost, should be home in about 3 hours"