Quantcast

~~Good Friday MOrning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

I had a great bike ride last night. We (Beth, Aubrey, and a non-monkey) managed to squeeze in a quick 9.5miles. Aubrey ended up cutting out early due to a to a tech malfunction so the rest of us pushed on into the setting sun. I'm so so so so so so so so so so happy to be back on a bike again.

Have a great weekend!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
douglas said:
about time you got here

note: a non biking lifestyle is rather BORING!!
What does a non-biking lifestyle consist of in your case?

MTBrder69

Chimp
Dec 27, 2004
Collegeville
haha thats the same thing i was thinking..i usually wake up and spend a good 5-10 minutes reading this thread. i never participated, but hey what the hell...

morning! im still pretty beat from work and baseball yesterday, but today im stuck at home finishing my summer homework (two 3-5 page papers) :redhot: . Yankees vs. Redsox day/night double header today...which the Yankees will win!!

Sounds like you had a good time on the ride, good to hear it. I have not seriously rode in over a month and its killing me, and it looks like I won't get to ride again until my race next weekend :help: .

TGIF

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
stosh said:
What does a non-biking lifestyle consist of in your case?

well, yesterday was a boring day of work, then a nap, gutter cleaning and some TV watching :dead:

at least tueday & wednesday i hung out with friends after they were done having fun (biking/volleyball)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MTBrder69 said:
haha thats the same thing i was thinking..i usually wake up and spend a good 5-10 minutes reading this thread. i never participated, but hey what the hell...

morning! im still pretty beat from work and baseball yesterday, but today im stuck at home finishing my summer homework (two 3-5 page papers) :redhot: . Yankees vs. Redsox day/night double header today...which the Yankees will win!!

Sounds like you had a good time on the ride, good to hear it. I have not seriously rode in over a month and its killing me, and it looks like I won't get to ride again until my race next weekend :help: .

TGIF
I had taken some time off from riding to get married and go on a honeymoon which was great but I'm really really happy to be riding again. It's a shame the days are shorter.
What state do you live in?

Thanks for participating!!
RM participation is a slippery slope!!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
douglas said:
well, yesterday was a boring day of work, then a nap, gutter cleaning and some TV watching :dead:

at least tueday & wednesday i hung out with friends after they were done having fun (biking/volleyball)
OUCH, that is a killer!!!

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
Morning y'all. I am now living the non-bike lifestyle ... I sold my fixie to fund the purchase of another bike (which I ordered on Wed.) and then I had a crankarm strip out yesterday on my other bike. It'll take a week at least to get me a new one. I had to mooch a ride to work from my wife this morning.

Anybody watching the Little League World Series? A local team made it this year and the town has gone nutty supporting the team.

MTBrder69

Chimp
Dec 27, 2004
Collegeville
stosh said:
I had taken some time off from riding to get married and go on a honeymoon which was great but I'm really really happy to be riding again. It's a shame the days are shorter.
What state do you live in?

Thanks for participating!!
RM participation is a slippery slope!!!
I live in PA in a town thats about an hour outside Philly. And I had seen your news everywhere about getting married and the honeymoom, congrats!

And on the note of the Little League World Series, those towns go completely nuts over that stuff. I watch it, even though its a soft subject for me (long story), and it seems like a lot of the kids have developed more in their playing and are at a higher lever than I was when I was that age, its pretty crazy.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Morning stosh.

Didn't sleep well. Grumpy.

Want to punch all idiot coworkers.

Looking forward to getting out of here.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MTBrder69 said:
I live in PA in a town thats about an hour outside Philly. And I had seen your news everywhere about getting married and the honeymoom, congrats!

And on the note of the Little League World Series, those towns go completely nuts over that stuff. I watch it, even though its a soft subject for me (long story), and it seems like a lot of the kids have developed more in their playing and are at a higher lever than I was when I was that age, its pretty crazy.
My family is originally from PA in the coal region.

I've spent quite a few long weekends at my cousin's place in Philly as well.

MTBrder69

Chimp
Dec 27, 2004
Collegeville
would the coal region be considered Mt. Caramel and those areas, because my family came from there as well. Whens the next time you would be coming to Philly..I have no one to ride with :help:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
binary visions said:
Morning stosh.

Didn't sleep well. Grumpy.

Want to punch all idiot coworkers.

Looking forward to getting out of here.
Such anger from you is unusual!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MTBrder69 said:
would the coal region be considered Mt. Caramel and those areas, because my family came from there as well. Whens the next time you would be coming to Philly..I have no one to ride with :help:
Yeah, Mt Carmel is part of the coal region.

Actually my cousin just accepted a job in Boston so I don't think we'll be down in Philly anytime soon.

I will however hopefully be riding either Locust Lake state park or Tamaqua Labor day weekend.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Yo. Work real job, then work other job (1st day of the bike shop's "Super Sale"....uggghhh), then home to put fender on the bike, dig out the rain jackets, etc. for most likely yet another wet Plattekill DH race this weekend. At least I'm used to it by now...I hope to channel my "inner Steve Peat" by listening to a lot of Iron Maiden (Paul Dianno era only) and thinking of the wet, wet UK.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning. I'm pooped. :dead: My 5 days solo with the kids have taken their toll, thank god Kelley gets home tonight! Actually, the kids are easy, it the staying up watching UFC and drinking until 1am that has taken it's toll. Thank god I'm not single, I'm not sure I could live like this all the time. :rofl: I might try to pawn the kids off on my neighbor after work so I can get in a short spin on the road bike. I haven't ridden since last Sunday, and have my big ride this weekend. :)

TGIF y'all!!!! :thumb:

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Jim Mac said:
I hope to channel my "inner Steve Peat" by listening to a lot of Iron Maiden (Paul Dianno era only) and thinking of the wet, wet UK.
Make sure to drink a bunch of Stella prior to your race run too! :thumb:

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
McGRP01 said:
Make sure to drink a bunch of Stella prior to your race run too! :thumb:
HA! I can barely handle drinking one beer AFTER my run! Besides that, Maureen will force me to keep doing runs until the lift closes or until the awards if I podium...what a wife!

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
stosh said:

I was a little kid living in Paris with the family when that movie came out! Those shuffling evil bug things scared me so bad I made us leave the theatre!! Damn you Jim Henson! Damn you!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Tame Ape said:
I was a little kid living in Paris with the family when that movie came out! Those shuffling evil bug things scared me so bad I made us leave the theatre!! Damn you Jim Henson! Damn you!
That movies to freaked me out too, Labrinth (sp?) did too. The 80's were so weird!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Good Belated Morning.

I missed out on the ride with MBC, IAB and splat today - but I did have a good 45 minute telephone interview for a position at a downtown hospital.

Oh yeah and I sold my Surly Frame and wheels yesterday.:eek: :eek:

And now I'm contemplating whether to replace them or to just sell off the other items from the Karate Monkey. :think: :think:

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
stosh said:
That movies to freaked me out too, Labrinth (sp?) did too. The 80's were so weird!

I really didn't like how the monsters sucked the 'essence' out of people. That was gross.

I'm going to Wintergreen this weekend, leaving at noon. My wife's Uncle has a condo at the bottom of the ski hill right across the street from the lifts. He gave us the keys and told us we could go up anytime we want. I'll probably ride the lifts all day tomorrow and then either hike or xc bike Sunday, what ever my wife feels like doing since she's letting me have Saturday to ride DH. It should be a good time.

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
MMcG said:
Good Belated Morning.

I missed out on the ride with MBC, IAB and splat today - but I did have a good 45 minute telephone interview for a position at a downtown hospital.

And now I'm contemplating whether to replace them or to just sell off the other items from the Karate Monkey. :think: :think:

sell high! Buy low!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Tame Ape said:
I still haven't seen that one! It was such a huge movie when it came out too.
I still haven't seen this movie

it was such a huge movie when it came out.

Crashby

Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Rochester, NY
Did a road ride with a new group last night (Full Moon Vista, Rochester). Fun to ride with a new group... 13 people, 33 miles... felt pretty good.

Going shopping later tonight with my girl to buy good food for my camping trip this weekend... :)

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Hi there, Monkeys!

Fast week we've got going on over here. It feels like it's flown by....we've been real busy here at work, but all the indicators I'm seeing says the housing market is slowing around here, so I expect we'll be cutting our 2nd shift out in a couple of weeks---which is fine by me because I don't really enjoy driving back to work nearly every night to check on things. It really kills the "away from work" good feeling most people have after their day is done and they're at home.

No trailwork or dirt slinging today or tomorrow---I'm taking a break. My shoulder has been killing me the last couple of days. I've been working through some particularly rooty soil as of late, and it's starting to take its toll. The end product is going to be beautiful and fun to ride......but damn!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MMcG said:
Good Belated Morning.

Wait, so what bike do you have for riding?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Greyhound said:
Hi there, Monkeys!

Fast week we've got going on over here. It feels like it's flown by....we've been real busy here at work, but all the indicators I'm seeing says the housing market is slowing around here, so I expect we'll be cutting our 2nd shift out in a couple of weeks---which is fine by me because I don't really enjoy driving back to work nearly every night to check on things. It really kills the "away from work" good feeling most people have after their day is done and they're at home.

No trailwork or dirt slinging today or tomorrow---I'm taking a break. My shoulder has been killing me the last couple of days. I've been working through some particularly rooty soil as of late, and it's starting to take its toll. The end product is going to be beautiful and fun to ride......but damn!
Is this an XC trail you're buildling?