Quantcast

~~Good Friday MOrning!!~~

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
Yo. Did trail work last night. I broke my chain about a third of the way in to the 1.5ish mile ride in. :mumble: I apparently had every single tool in existence, but no chain tool or master link. It was wack. Scootering sucks. Shovelled/packed dirt for 4ish hours, duct taped my shovel to my saddle and over my bars and jousted my way out in the dark. It was rad. The dirt couldn't have been any better for diggin. I'm worked today.

Hopefully some DHing tomorrow and some rest on Sunday..

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
stosh said:
Is this an XC trail you're buildling?

Not really......It's about 15 acres of land that I've been building on for a few years now. It used to be XC-oriented, but several adjacent land owners moved over the last three years and I didn't have access to their land anymore. So instead, I started building flowy jump lines and stunts all over the place. Nothing incredibly huge---I just wanted a place that I could ride after work that wouldn't kill me if I was having an "off" day or something. Real smooth gaps with lots of berms and a lot of flow. The stunts are all cedar or pressure treated 6x6's--so they're really stout and well-built. It sounds like I put a lot of work in everyday....and I kinda do, but that's only because it's just me out here doing it all.......so something that would take a few people a few hours to knock out, takes me several days. I built it mostly for my enjoyment, but it turned out that a lot of my riding friends liked riding there, so we've been having Sunday sessions out there for the last 2 seasons.

Lots of stuff like this:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
MMcG said:
Oh yeah and I sold my Surly Frame and wheels yesterday.:eek: :eek:

And now I'm contemplating whether to replace them or to just sell off the other items from the Karate Monkey. :think: :think:
what's the deal w/ the replacement?

is bob barker saying "COME ON DOWN!"?

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
MMcG said:
The money would go towards non bike related things.
When money was extra tight I converted my Chameleon to SS and haven't looked back (much). It can be tough to liquidate the stable, but you can squeeze by with a roadie and an XC bike only.

Let me know if you're selling any parts, I'm trying to assemble a used Heckler as a buddy bike to get friends into riding.

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
Good Morning!

I'm off to test the new motolite soon. I might do the loop up south mountain on the road and down Mormon/national or go to the comp loops ar mcDowell, haven't decided yet.

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
MMcG said:
Ahhhhhhhh, F'it! I need a bike to ride. I'm going to replace the frame and wheels and keep rollin on the 29s! :):)
You got any disc brakes you're giving up?

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
Greyhound said:
Not really......It's about 15 acres of land that I've been building on for a few years now. It used to be XC-oriented, but several adjacent land owners moved over the last three years and I didn't have access to their land anymore. So instead, I started building flowy jump lines and stunts all over the place. Nothing incredibly huge---I just wanted a place that I could ride after work that wouldn't kill me if I was having an "off" day or something. Real smooth gaps with lots of berms and a lot of flow. The stunts are all cedar or pressure treated 6x6's--so they're really stout and well-built. It sounds like I put a lot of work in everyday....and I kinda do, but that's only because it's just me out here doing it all.......so something that would take a few people a few hours to knock out, takes me several days. I built it mostly for my enjoyment, but it turned out that a lot of my riding friends liked riding there, so we've been having Sunday sessions out there for the last 2 seasons.

Lots of stuff like this:
Looks awesome! Not to be stupider then usual, but do you ever get flats from splinters?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning all! I had a 12pm appointment that was (once again cancelled). :mumble: I really hate when people schedule things and wait until THE last minute to cancel!

Today I am playing with the baby and going for a bike ride later today!

cadmus

Monkey
May 24, 2006
PNW
MMcG said:
Definitely not.

I'm wondering if I should just get by with riding my girlfriends bike.

Not sure yet.
:nuts: Do the streamers make it feel like you're going faster? I bet you can carry a lot more stuff w/ that basket on the front too.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
bluebug32 said:
Rub the lotion in the skin or else he gets the hose again.....
I'm looking down the hole
your looking up at me
you're cold and tired
that is easy to see
lower the rope to you
a bucket on the line
your membrane will be soft and smooth
and your heart will be mine

It rubs the lotion on its skin
Or else it get the hose again
Yes precious it gets the hose

The look inside your eyes
drives me from control
evoking visions of my favourite casserole
and if i eat your heart
i'll also eat your soul
and when i'm done with that i'll use your skull as a bowl

Yes precious it gets the hose
It puts the lotion in the basket

The night is very cold
I'm feeling kind of weak
I think i'll make myself a cap from your right buttocks cheek
And then I will go walking with my little dog
and then I'll bury you underneath a log

Yes it does precious
It puts the lotion in the basket
bitch put the lotion in the basket
Oh put the lotion in the ****ing basket bitch
put the lotion in the basket

it's called lotion by the greenskeepers. hilarious song.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Greyhound said:
Man, that is sweet.
What you have done there is exactly what I am going to try to do on my land as well. Flowy fun stuff that I can jump by myself all day.
Nice job.

cadmus

Monkey
May 24, 2006
PNW
MMcG said:
She's actually got a nice bike so :nuts: right back at ya asshat. ;)
Hey man, I'm just playing w/ ya. My wife's got a sweet ride too, it's nice to have a chick that rides - I couldn't ride her bike though, way too small. I'm kinda fat.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
cadmus said:
Hey man, I'm just playing w/ ya. My wife's got a sweet ride too, it's nice to have a chick that rides - I couldn't ride her bike though, way too small. I'm kinda fat.
Just playin rigght back at ya. No worries. :thumb:

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
Woo! I just got back from the first motolite ride and it was pretty tight. Need a little more air in the back shock because I'm fat, but other than that it's pretty good. It is a little strange to have a XC bike setup on a bike with a 13.5 " BB.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Good evening monkeys.

Another really rough day in my world. Up at 7:45 for breakfast (ham egg and cheese on a muffin, bacon, sausage, tea, coffee and hash browns) and then 2 dives. It's nice being in the water by 9:15. Lunch was burgers and fries, then back in the water to dive a sunken Russian Frigate.

Such a hard life.